2015 Use Up The Stash Challenge: Session 3

oneastrocurlie

Ok so... I fell off the wagon a little bit today.

I went looking for a leave in spray (VO5 to be exact) because I just really feel like my hair will be better for it, even though co-washing seems to be enough. Needless to say I didn't find what I was looking for but bought another one (a discontinued Tresseme leave in until I find what I'm looking for) and 8 other VO5 conditioners because they were ones that are discontinued I believe. Anyway, I found one of my conditioners is actually a shampoo so now I have 3 shampoos and 43 VO5 conditioners lol. I updated the above list to reflect these changes.

The good things are that:

1. I'm almost done with a product (Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner)

2. I'm going to be cowashing more because my I'm going to be participating in workouts with my daughter's track team. I cowash every time I sweat so I'll be cowashing 5 days a week starting next week (I run 3 days a week already). This will use up conditioners at least for the next 4.5 months. It'll be interesting to see how my hair responds to that...

I'm trying people :lol:

*backs up wagon, puts CodeRed on, keeps going*

Lol.

krissyhair

Ok so... I fell off the wagon a little bit today.

I went looking for a leave in spray (VO5 to be exact) because I just really feel like my hair will be better for it, even though co-washing seems to be enough. Needless to say I didn't find what I was looking for but bought another one (a discontinued Tresseme leave in until I find what I'm looking for) and 8 other VO5 conditioners because they were ones that are discontinued I believe. Anyway, I found one of my conditioners is actually a shampoo so now I have 3 shampoos and 43 VO5 conditioners lol. I updated the above list to reflect these changes.

The good things are that:

1. I'm almost done with a product (Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner)

2. I'm going to be cowashing more because my I'm going to be participating in workouts with my daughter's track team. I cowash every time I sweat so I'll be cowashing 5 days a week starting next week (I run 3 days a week already). This will use up conditioners at least for the next 4.5 months. It'll be interesting to see how my hair responds to that...

I'm trying people :lol:

Y'all didn't even notice that I went out and bought two products the very instant I finished two up did you?

We're both back on the wagon. Next time you need another VO5, tell yourself you're trying to get to your Jackie Robinson number, lol 42.

CodeRed

*backs up wagon, puts CodeRed on, keeps going*

Lol.

:lachen:. Yep. That's about the size of it lol

Y'all didn't even notice that I went out and bought two products the very instant I finished two up did you?

We're both back on the wagon. Next time you need another VO5, tell yourself you're trying to get to your Jackie Robinson number, lol 42.

I didn't notice... I try not to read the "What Did You Buy" thread too much because I'll find something else to buy :lol:. Now I want to watch that movie.

Thank you for the support :)

krissyhair

:lachen:. Yep. That's about the size of it lol

I didn't notice... I try not to read the "What Did You Buy" thread too much because I'll find something else to buy :lol:. Now I want to watch that movie.

Thank you for the support :)

Only 20 more bottles and you can get down to your Michael Jordan number lol 23.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
PJaye
My first thought:
Wow, I love how her list is alphabetized. :brainy:

Then:
OMG, TWO posts long? :lachen:

Last:
I'm glad she posted this. I feel A LOT better about my stuff. :look:

CodeRed

Only 20 more bottles and you can get down to your Michael Jordan number lol 23.

I wonder how long it's going to take me to use 20 bottles... I'll probably be able to go through 3 - 4 a month if I'm cowashing 5 days a week like I plan on doing... We'll see. I'll be happy if I make it there by summer but sad cause they're gone. I like VO5 just that much. :lol:

oneastrocurlie

I sold my camille rose curlmaker and one of my bottles of hair dew. I normally wouldn't sell a staple like the Dew but I have several moisturizers to use up.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Finished up my ORS Creamy Aloe poo.

Also adding my Homemade End All Hair Balm to my use-it-up short list.

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I don't think I can make any real progress with my rinse out conditioners until I learn how to do wash and go's which will have me cowashing often. Maybe this summer...

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I have reached goal for shampoos and protein conditioners (one product plus any specialty type, for poo it's a regular moisturizing and a clarifying, for protein it's one and an emergency heavy protein). Feels really good. :grin:

cutiebe2

I am already doing this but my list is only about 5 products. Y'all have me beat.

Last edited:

nmartin20

Ok. Ok...I used up B.A.S.K Yam Nectar and Cacao bark conditioner tonight(yes!!) I think I have 2of each left in my stash.(old label). I should finish up this week DB PSCMC, Obia Curl Enhancing Custard, Hairveda's Almond Glaze this week or next week.

I should be finished with APB's Lemon Pound Cake Creamy Pudding and Ayurvedic the next couple weeks. Currently I'm using them as
stylers, as refreshers, and after washing my hair(weekly wash).

I am hoping to crack open Naturelle Grow, Camille Rose, and Pura Body conditioners during this month and next month.

I have way too many products. I'm very pleased that I have maintained self control since Black Friday. It is truly a struggle! Stay strong everyone!!!

CodeRed

So... I was in Kroger today and had to purchase something to get cash back...without thinking I picked 1 VO5 Clarifying Conditioner. It was either that or candy as an impulse purchase and I'm going to eat my way to diabetes if I don't stop lol.

However...

I used up my Yes To Carrots Pampering Conditioner and am giving the Tresemme leave in spray I bought to my daughter.

Bought 1 got rid of 2.

And... since I'm going to be using the clarifying VO5 conditioners as shampoo now, I'll be going through those quicker also.

We'll see how this goes.

Anaisin

1.*What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
Getting rid of products, they take up too much storage space
2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.

- Shampoos
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

- Co Washes
Pantene Co wash x2
Cantu Co wash

- Deep Conditioners
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Hydroquench Systems Coconut Mango Repair Mask x2 4oz
Pantene Deep Conditioner

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Shea Moisture JBCO leave in

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
Hydroquench Systems Coconut Lime oil
Hydroquench Systems White Tea & Lemon 5 day moisture
Sunny Isle JBCO

- Styling products
La Bella lots of curls gel
Eden Bodyworks all natural pudding souffle
Shea Moisture JBCO Styling lotion
Carols Daughter Hair Milk refresher
Garnier Fructis anti frizz serum
Curl Junkie Curls in a bottle

CodeRed

Added the 1 liter of Biolage to my daughter's stash. My hair didn't like it much :( But yay for another thing being gone! :)

ImanAdero

I'm late! I need to post my stash, but since I've accumulated stuff since the end of last year (sigh), I need to update my list.

The good thing is though, since I'm helping my mom take down her locs, I imagine we will be using more shampoo and conditioner in the near future since I'll probably be helping her with her hair. AND we're using a buttload of conditioner to take her hair down.

NaturallyATLPCH

Okay I am det serious this year.
1) What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
To finally narrow down my products and only repurchase staples when I do.

2) List the products you hope to use up in your stash.

Cleansers:
As I Am Cleansing Pudding (16 ounce bottle)
Shea Moisture Purification Mask (1 and 1/2 jars remaining)

Conditioners:
V05 Clarifying Conditioner
V05 Coconut Conditioner
Darcy's Pumpkinseed Conditioner (2)
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Moisturizing Conditioner (3)
Bellezza Naturale Skin Rainbow Conditioner
Bellezza Naturale Skin Banana Conditioner
Bellezza Naturale Skin Honey and Hibiscus Conditioner

Treatments:
Bellezza Naturelle Restorative Hair Mask (3)
Blue Rose Beauty Strawberry and Hibiscus DC
Marie Dean Aloe and Hemp DC
Soft and Beautiful Shea Butter DC
Jessicurl Deep Treatment (4)
BASK Vanilla Whisky DC
Alikay Naturals Sage and Honey DC

Leave Ins/Moisturizers:
Oyin Hair Dew
Koils By Nature SheaLoe Leave In
Bellezza Naturale Skin Honey Hair Cream
Soultanicals Knot Sauce (1)

Stylers/Gels:
Alikay Naturals Aloe Berry Gel
Garnier Pure Clean Gel
Soft and Beautiful Smoothing Gel
Hairveda Pur Whipped Gelly
Hello Curly Curl Stimulating Gel
EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel

Oils:
Annabelle's Green Powerhouse Oil (2)
Annabelle's Hibiscus and Pomegranate Oil
Bulk Apothecary Massage Oil Blend (1 gallon)
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Mango and Papaya Jamaican Black Castor a Oil

Refresher Spray:
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Leave Ins (2)

Butters/Sealers:
Jakeala Shea Castor Hemp Parfait (4)
Bellezza Naturelle Skin Hair and Body Butter
JAkeala Nappy Butter (2)

Other:
Jane Carter Wrap and Roll Foam

4) What are your goals for the session?
My goal is to have 2 cleansers, and 3 products in the other categories.

I have actually sold and got rid of some things. Buuuut I needed some buttercreams for my hair line while I'm in protective style mode and got a few conditioners. My hair loves conditioners. I will also be listing some more things on the swap board. I've modified this list.

Last edited:

krissyhair

I opened up my miss Jessie's baby buttercreme to smooth the edges on my straightened hair. As long as I don't use too much, only put it on the edges and nape, and wait a few days between applications it keeps my straight hair frizz free and non greasy.

oneastrocurlie

I bought a pomade from APB. I also got a sample of Beja Flor's Creme Brulee in my January Onyx Box.

I'm in marleys for two more weeks probably so nothing will get finished but I'm using oyin juices and berries and apb hair tonic daily.

ETA: I sold my PBN Chocolate Hair Smoothie :yep:

Last edited: