2015 Use Up The Stash Challenge: Session 3

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Whoever starts the 2016 thread, tag me so I can add my inventory.

It'll probably take me another 16-18 months to use up all my conditioners, but I am pretty much at product minimalism now. Meaning, I DO actually have a few HG products identified and just need to replace them regularly. I used up a lot of stuff this year (even saved all my empties for the year) and didn't buy that much but I got tons of stuff for free. That's why it seems like I made no progress on my stash. Next year I'm keeping purchases to a minimum and saying no to most hair care gift.

Unless it's hair for making wigs. I need that.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Used up J Monique's Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli DC and APB pudding (my lil shawty) in cookie dough. But chiiilllee we not gone talk about what all I added.

Hopefully i can join the 2016 thread and get SARious cause I HAVE to move some product.

jbwphoto1

Used up 1 VO5 and 1 Aussie Moist.

I'm thinking of throwing away my 2 bottles of Hairitage Hydrations moisturizers. I hate the texture and smell. Do you guys ever throw products away or do you try to find some way to make it work? I feel bad cuz it's my hard earned money but it's just sitting there getting old.

Even with my Black Friday binge I'm not looking too bad. I'm pretty sure I'm using up way more than im buying.

I can't remember who on this forum said it, but she was tired of trying to "make" a hair product work. I will try with heat or without heat and try changing what order I use the product on my hair, as in whether before or after cream or oil. But yes, I will throw something in the trash in the end as I don't have many people to give hair products to.

jbwphoto1

I fantasize about reaching the point where I don't even need an inventory list for my hair products. I want ONE staple, HG item per category. I wonder just how long this is going to take.

@Dayjoy, the bold part! I want to get to the point where I have a backup for each natural product in the fridge and what I'm currently using in the bathroom. Not in the hall closet. Not on the rack behind the bedroom door. Not the nightstand.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
image.jpeg image.jpeg The hair dew is not a repurchase. I didn't like it and it stunk to me. Maybe I let it get too old.

The Blendsblend is an awesome detangler once I figured out how to use it properly. The slip is amazing! And it has no cones. It is super concentrated so a little goes a long way. I'm thinking I will buy this again one day but I'm gonna try to hold off and use some other stuff. I need a really good cone free conditioner with awesome slip that I can buy in the store. Any suggestions welcome.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I used up my Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Hair Milk and my Obia Moisture Cream. Neither is a repurchase for me. I like the Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner better than the Mocha Silk, and I have other twist creams that are better than the Moisture Cream.

My Camille Rose black Friday purchase came in. I'll add them to my stash when the new challenge starts.

ImanAdero

I picked up products for BF...

But overall I did well! I only have 1 shampoo!

I still have a bazillion conditioners, but that's gonna come down too!

Plus I plan on dying my hair this year, soooooo... I'm ready for 2016 and really using stuff up!

Only bad thing I learned this year? My hair LOVES SSI!

IF I buy anything in 2016 (which I probably will), I need to find a comparable on the ground line... KKKT is good, but I want something a LITTLE less costly.

But I should be good on buying products through like June of 2016 (with the exception of shampoo)

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I finished off my Uncle Funky's Daughter Supercurl Cream. Another couple weeks, and I may have finished two more products. I can't wait for the 2016 challenge.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I would like to join this challenge and a starting pic is attached. I need to make a concerted effort to reduce my stash and to stop spending as much on hair products.

CATEGORIES

Shampoos
  • Affirm Normalizing Shampoo
  • Aveda Shampure Shampoo
  • Neutrogena Therapeutic Dandruff Shampoo
  • Phyto Shampoo Crème
  • Kerasoft Clarifying Shampoo
Conditioners
  • Aveda Shampure Conditioner
  • 2x Rusk Sensories Conditioner (1 Litre & 250ml)
Deep Conditioners & Treatments
  • Shea Moisture 10 en 1 Renewal Hair Mask
  • Kerasoft Reflex Moisturizing Treatment
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Equalizing Solution
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment
Leave Ins/Moisturizers
  • 2x Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion (1L & 500ml)
Stylers
  • 3x Curly Pudding (8oz)
  • 2x Curly Pudding (16oz
  • Aveda Control Paste
  • Aveda Light Elements Defining whip
  • Crème of Nature Argan Oil Perfect Edges
  • Kerasoft Volumizing Mousse
Gels
  • 3x EcoStyler Gel (32 oz, 16oz, 16oz)
Hair Sprays
  • Aveda Air Control
  • 2x Aveda Flaxseed Hairspray
  • Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel
  • Aveda Firmatata Hairspray
Oils
  • 100% Almond Oil
Others
  • 2x Aveda Brilliant Heat Protectant
  • Kerasoft LeLook Heat Styling Spray
  • Lotta Body Setting Lotion
  • Mizani Setting Lotion
  • Mizani Butter Blends Butter Base
GOALS
1. To reduce my stash so that I have 1 product in each category (with a back up) by December 2016

Attachments

• Hair Stash Jan 2016.jpg
    Hair Stash Jan 2016.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 10

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Session 3 Used Up Totals

Shampoo - 5
Conditioner -12
Leave-In - 9
Oil - 6
Styling products - 3
Samples - 4

Total for 2015 Used Up
Shampoo - 6
Conditioner - 19
Leave-In - 19
Oil - 10
Styling products - 10
Samples - 11

I think I did really good considering what I started with. I think I am on pace to have my entire stash used up by end of summer/fall 2016.

BTW, has anyone started the 2016 thread? If so, please link. TIA

trclemons

Session 3 Used Up Totals

Shampoo - 5
Conditioner -12
Leave-In - 9
Oil - 6
Styling products - 3
Samples - 4

Total for 2015 Used Up
Shampoo - 6
Conditioner - 19
Leave-In - 19
Oil - 10
Styling products - 10
Samples - 11

I think I did really good considering what I started with. I think I am on pace to have my entire stash used up by end of summer/fall 2016.

BTW, has anyone started the 2016 thread? If so, please link. TIA

I've been waiting for the 2016 thread too. If it's not up in a few days, I guess I'll get one going.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I've been waiting for the 2016 thread too. If it's not up in a few days, I guess I'll get one going.
Yay!!! I was hoping someone would say this. I really appreciate this challenge.

Before the year was up we used up:
White Rain Tropical Coconut con
CON Green poo (my last one :()
Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss.

This session I used up/got rid of 16 products. I did add 9 items during the end of the year sales (which I'll finally add to my inventory for the new session), but I'm ok with that. This year will be all about using.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I almost forgot about this thread since I haven't been using anything up. It there a 2016 thread that I missed?

I have thrown out 2 products that smelled bad. 1 SM curl milk that was almost used up and a Hairitage Hydration leave in that I hated.

Recently Repurchased Cantu curl activator and Tresseme Un Done which I loved so much after only 1 use.