2015 Use Up The Stash Challenge: Session 3

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have to either give away or toss my Hairveda Whipped cream. It is causing a lot of build up

Beany

I have to either give away or toss my Hairveda Whipped cream. It is causing a lot of build up

I feel the same way about KJ Jamaican jelly. I may just start using it on my feet at night. It has the same consistency as vaseline.

faithVA

[USER=6714 said:
uofmpanther[/USER];21187261]I have to either give away or toss my Hairveda Whipped cream. It is causing a lot of build up

Maybe just keep it for special occasions or special styles.

faithVA

I opened up my Camille Rose Whipped Aloe Gel and I like it. It made my hair feel so soft and moisturized. I will be using this as my gel in March.

I'm thinking I will toss the Naturelle Grow leave-in. I will think about it until the weekend.

CodeRed

Giving away:

- Last VO5 shampoo

- 2 VO5 conditioners

- Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner

- Last full Eva NYC Hair Mask

Beany

Tossing two bottles of mustard oil. I can't with that smell.
My mom is visiting so I will probably send some products to my cousins (via her suitcase lol)

oneastrocurlie

So I caved..... Kinda. Got my mom an ayurvedic oil from APB. I gave her half a bottle a while ago and she's out.

And I might've picked up a few non hair products from APB for myself. Lol.

I also have a free influenster voxbox coming with a full size Shampoo, conditioner and oil. Smh. Might be time for another round of gifting.

CodeRed

Tossing two bottles of mustard oil. I can't with that smell.
My mom is visiting so I will probably send some products to my cousins (via her suitcase lol)

Noooo!!! I would've totally bought those from you... I don't believe I've tried that oil yet.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I am working REALLY HARD to not buy a few of the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balms that I saw in TJMaxx. I have a moisture con to get through before I even try the tube I already have. I almost want to break into the one I have and see how it is to justify buying a couple while they have it on the shelf. But I will be good and finish the con I'm working on before I try the Joico. Then and only then will I consider :look: stocking up.

CodeRed

I am working REALLY HARD to not buy a few of the Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balms that I saw in TJMaxx. I have a moisture con to get through before I even try the tube I already have. I almost want to break into the one I have and see how it is to justify buying a couple while they have it on the shelf. But I will be good and finish the con I'm working on before I try the Joico. Then and only then will I consider :look: stocking up.

That Joico that you're talking about is the blue one right? I was in TJMaxx yesterday and saw the same thing... right in the front of the store, to the left... I walked over there and did a twirl right back out. Not today, not. to. day. :lol:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
That Joico that you're talking about is the blue one right? I was in TJMaxx yesterday and saw the same thing... right in the front of the store, to the left... I walked over there and did a twirl right back out. Not today, not. to. day. :lol:

Yes! And it's the Treatment Balm, not the plain old rinse out con. Today was the second time I stroked those tubes on that shelf. I bought none though. Holding out...

CodeRed

Yes! And it's the Treatment Balm, not the plain old rinse out con. Today was the second time I stroked those tubes on that shelf. I bought none though. Holding out...

Good stuff :yep:

Are you going to buy it before the second session or use it as a purchase next month?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Good stuff :yep:

Are you going to buy it before the second session or use it as a purchase next month?

The plan is to do right. I'm going to finish this Alterna I'm working on, then use the use the JMRTB I already have to see if our hair even likes it. If it's better for either me or DD than the AOWC, I will buy when that tube is half empty.

I can't predict the timeframe, but that's the plan...if I can stay strong.

Beany

Gave away wgho (light), bb tropical growth oil, and a SM hold and shine mist. Trying to give away some more stuff. My sister has starter/baby locs and I'm trying to see what i have that she can use

CodeRed

Bought 16oz JBCO for 13.99 off of ebay. I was going to wait but I'm almost out and going to be adding it to pretty much all my deep treatments and to use just because lol... It's a staple so I'm never going to be without it. All VO5s and oils are staples but I'm working through those too. I have 9 more products/ingredients I want to use up/give away before the end of this challenge so only the staples are left. They're good but not necessarily needed :

- 4 Yes To Products

- 3 oz of hydrolyzed quinoa protein

- 1/3rd jar of Eva NYC Hair Mask

- Mizani shampoo

- 2 Spa Haus conditioners (just bought them so they aren't included in the initial post)

ImanAdero

Used up my bottle of Safflower Oil and my As I Am leave in.

Next going to work on some of these other leave ins and another conditioner. I should finish the tressesme conditioner, and one other.

oneastrocurlie

Gave my mom the rest of my PBN cucupau (sp?) hair butter, a sample of APB leave in I hadn't used and a sample of Aphoghee 2 Min since I'm still working on the bottle.

Sold my full bottle of Jakeala coconut juice. Still have almost half of another jar.

My free Shampoo and conditioner from influenster is for blonde hair. Must've told them my highlights were blonde lol. Anywho it's for color treated hair and free so I'll see how it works but won't feel by trashing it if it does more harm then good.

My March onyx box is coming and I think there's a shea butter moisturizer in it.

faithVA

I water rinsed all last week and only applied oil. I'm going backwards on using up my stash :ohwell: Need to get back to it this week.

JazzyOleBabe

I have used up Darcy's Curl Detangling Milk, SSI Papaya Curly Souffle, Hairitage Hydration Carrot Cake Frosting, Purabody Cupuaca Hair Butter.

randi415

Just remembered something. During my move I packed up my fridge in shopping bags but my daughter forgot to put them up. I told her to toss the food that was left out, I just realized I had 2 conditioners in the fridge. An unopened SM (wht bottle, Amazon) and DB SCBSC went to waste.

CodeRed

Gave away the rest of the Mizani Neutralizing shampoo. That's a nice shampoo to remember in the future but I think I'm going to try out ORS Neutralizing shampoo later this year... it's cheaper for the same amount (liter is $10 opposed to Mizani Neutralizing shampoo liter at $20) and may do the same thing.

Edit: Forgot to add I'll be using the family shampoo when I shampoo again next month. We have a gallon of it so it should last a good while :lol:

Last edited:

Beany

Used up bear fruit macadamia mask. Good product. Will not repurchase unless they change the bottles.

CodeRed

Used up bear fruit macadamia mask. Good product. Will not repurchase unless they change the bottles.

I remember a few years ago wanting to purchase from them but hearing so many complaints about that bottle... It's still a problem now... crazy.

Beany

I remember a few years ago wanting to purchase from them but hearing so many complaints about that bottle... It's still a problem now... crazy.

The bottles make me homicidal. I have one more bear fruit product to use up. Such a shame because the products I've tried have been pretty good.

CodeRed

The bottles make me homicidal. I have one more bear fruit product to use up. Such a shame because the products I've tried have been pretty good.

@ the bolded

This so much. I'll be fighting to cut a bottle open and inevitably someone in the house will come up and ask what I'm doing.... I'm trying to get my money's worth so get away from me before I cut you :lol:

krissyhair

Useless, disastrous, unmotivated to succeed.

I bought kinky curly gel and curls passion fruit control paste.

Now not only did I break even, but I added two more.