2015 WIG CHALLENGE

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Still wearing my brown Ashanti. It is freezing here, so I think it's good that I'm wearing wigs for the next few months.

FollicleFanatic

Count me in!

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):

All year except if the wigs get too hot in the summer.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):

All of the above!

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:

Natural

4.Current hair length:

BSB, grazing BSL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)

Flat twists

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_221145.jpg
    IMG_20141231_221145.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 111

EnExitStageLeft

Just bought 2 curly lace wigs.

One Loose, One Tight

I plan to pick one another "kinkier" texture wig and A bob wig for summer and BOOM! I'm done for a while....a LONGGGGG while.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Ok so I just took my braids out underneath my wig. Here are my growth pictures. Right is oct 4th left is today jan 8th.

image-1763588253.jpg

I take manetabolism hair vitamins to help with growth and health

dede1129

I just bought half wigs now that my hair is growing I can switch it up from full lace

Here is one of them

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 120

dede1129

My 6 month progress from wigging it! Top left is July on the right is January

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150108_142737.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150108_142737.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 121
  • ForumRunner_20150108_142810.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150108_142810.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 114

Napp

Ms. Nobody
1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): The whole year or as long as i can stand them lol

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):

To get to waist length with full thick ends.

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:

Natural

4.Current hair length:

Apl

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)

Cornrows and beehive

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:

I am currently wearing femi collection full lace wig nina in 1b.

I just ordered a few more wigs to give me some variety

Sensationnel curved part lace front wig crystal

Model model deep invisible part lace front wig laymie

Model model deep invisiple l part wig hallie

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I've been so hair lazy...my natural hair has been in flat twists since I got my wig. I'm just really enjoying my wigs and feels good to not obsess over my real hair. I just cowash, dc, and m&s and put the twists right back up every week. I actually got bored with the color so I did a not so ombré to it which you will see in the first 2 pics. I didnt like the way it came out it looked too brassy to me bc I forgot to use a toner so I went back in with an ash blonde to tone and it looked horrible lol. It turned the blonde a grayish undertone color. And the curls dropped significantly. I was so mad at myself for that foolishness. I went to BSS and bought aphogee 2 step and did that to it and bought a brown semi and it didn't take well at all. I also bought aphogee 2 min recon to do during the week. I will do the 2 step weekly and see if it'll rectify my curls. Anyway I went back in with what I originally used to get the blonde and turned it somewhat back just not as bright. I could kick myself for this foolishness lol. First two are the first blonde and the others are toned down I think. It doesn't look bad but I'm kicking myself bc everyone kept telling me the first color looked fine but I could see what I didnt like. Sorry so long and I'm sure y'all are tired of my pics but gues what...I don't care lol.

View attachment 292625

View attachment 292627

View attachment 292629

View attachment 292631

View attachment 292633

View attachment 292635

View attachment 292637

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
So this is the Sensationnal Connie wig. This wig is perfect if you have a slender face and smaller head.

I bought two of these wigs. I don't know what I'm going to do with them.

But anyway I feel like I was channeling my inner Justin Beiber. :lachen:

Attachments

• IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So this is the Sensationnal Connie wig. This wig is perfect if you have a slender face and smaller head.

I bought two of these wigs. I don't know what I'm going to do with them.

But anyway I feel like I was channeling my inner Justin Beiber. :lachen:

It looks super cute!

SuchaLady

I wish I could copy this link all of the wig world. If you dont customize your wig before wearing it, you WILL look like the before in this video.

http://youtu.be/Dhv_dzmiXYo

the blowdryer and the pressing comb were a bit much for me but that hair was laid.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
NGraceO
I have questions for you.
I read through the last wig challenge and I'm thinking about purchasing the italian yaki wig that you bought. I would like to know does it hold a curl?
Does it hold a braid out? Have you every straightened it?
Would you repurchase it again?
I had a wig made 2 years ago after chemo with some senghori shells hair. It was kinky straight hair and it did not hold a curl, a braid out nor did it flat iron. It just frizzed up like a puff ball during my trip to cali. And i don't want a repeat. This will be my first human hair wig purchase and i will be using it everyday for work.
Thanks.

Queensheba88

Struggle wig...
3 year old Malaysian kinky straight with a lazy flat iron attempt. And my closure is made from recycled lace wig...just installed it need to layer and blend my part. My first closure and I like that I don't have to really worry about flat ironing my leave out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 147

NGraceO

NGraceO
I have questions for you.
I read through the last wig challenge and I'm thinking about purchasing the italian yaki wig that you bought. I would like to know does it hold a curl?
Does it hold a braid out? Have you every straightened it?
Would you repurchase it again?
I had a wig made 2 years ago after chemo with some senghori shells hair. It was kinky straight hair and it did not hold a curl, a braid out nor did it flat iron. It just frizzed up like a puff ball during my trip to cali. And i don't want a repeat. This will be my first human hair wig purchase and i will be using it everyday for work.
Thanks.

Yep to all three. It holds curls done with an appliance best (i.e. curling wand) and will stay for several days (below is the wanding I did on NYE that stayed for like a week lol). I like braid outs on this wig, but that-esp if you live in a humid environment- will fall by the end of the day. I have straightened it-once- and never did again. I prefer this kinky wig to be, well, kinky. And I was afraid of heat damaging it. Plus, since i prefer a wavy look when rocking straight hair, I opted to buy a separate wig for that look completely. This wig does TANGLE. After about 3-4 months of use, I had to bleach bath it to remedy the tangles, which worked well. Also, this wig is similar to real hair in most ways- so treat it as such (as far as detangling, moisturizing, etc.)

I would buy it again. I was actually considering purchasing a shorter version of this same wig to be able to switch it up. Hope that helps:)

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 121
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 105

NGraceO

Y'all- i havent worn a wig since NYE.

Idk where I am with wigging it, honestly. I haven't decided if I will wig it this year or not.

Since I straightened my hair for my annual length check, I've been in buns with my hair, which I'm really enjoying. And before that, I was rocking buns on braid out hair.

Hopefully I'll figure out what I'm doing with my life.

EnExitStageLeft

Y'all- i havent worn a wig since NYE.

Idk where I am with wigging it, honestly. I haven't decided if I will wig it this year or not.

Since I straightened my hair for my annual length check, I've been in buns with my hair, which I'm really enjoying. And before that, I was rocking buns on braid out hair.

Hopefully I'll figure out what I'm doing with my life.

NGraceO

Annual length check? Ummmm......pictures please.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:

I've got two that I've been rotating. One I had to cut and restyle. The other is a full lace I trimmed a little. Will post pics later. It's only been three months but I already see myself getting bored with just these two.

AbsyBlvd what's the name of the first wig you posted? That's really cute and looks like what I'm hutting for. Thanks

GGsKin

HappyAtLast

Thank you. The first wig is an Isis brand synthetic lace front wig. The style is: Catwalk4. I got this at my local BSS for about £27. It looked completely different when I first tried it on though.