2015 WIG CHALLENGE

NGraceO

WELCOME TO THE 2015 WIG CHALLENGE!

Wigs are an AMAZING option when trying to protect, retain, and relax with your hair. Hope you'll join the fun:)

• a WIG means any ....... full wig, half wig, full lace wig, U-part, or a lace fronts (NOT twists, phony pony, braided extensions or traditional weaves) store bought or self-made.

• Wigs are a great PROTECTIVE STYLE because you can take as many breaks as you want - just PULL IT OFF whenever you want to see and touch your real hair! You can even baggy or deep condition underneath, any no one is the wiser.

If you're interested in joining us, take a look at the details below to get started.

GUIDELINES

1. Join the challenge by clicking "THANKS" on this post as well as answering the prompts below to introduce yourself.
2. The challenge will officially begin on December 2014 (NOW) and run until December 2015.
3. The challenge is open to join at any time. I WILL NOT BE UDPATING THE CHALLENGER LIST AFTER JANUARY 31ST, but there will be no cut off date!
4. Post pictures with updates and anything else hair related that you'd like to share at any time!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Upon thanking this post, please answer the following questions to introduce yourself to the group and officially join the challenge.

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:

4.Current hair length:

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:

SCHEDULED UPDATES:

So many of you are great about countinuously updating whenever you have questions, but I would love to implement some specific update dates.

March 1st

June 1st

September 1st

December 1st

Updates should include photos of any wigs you have been rocking along with your HIGHs and LOWs of the update period and any questions you have for the other challengers.

CHALLENGERS:

NGraceO
AbsyBlvd
Ann0804
Anoriginalpyt
Butterfly3582
Cinnespice
Danysedai
Dede1129
Divachyk
Eiano
EnExitStageLeft
FollicleFanatic
Froreal3
Gabulldawg
HairPleezeGrow
Iamyattababe
Ijanei
Krystle~Hime
LadyBugsy
LaFemmeNaturelle
Leo24Rule
Lisanaturally
Melisandre
Napp
NaturallyBri87
Nlamr2013
PhoenixStarr
Queensheba88
Scarcity21
shortdub78
Smiley79
SoleilChica
SuchaLady
Sugadoll
SunnyDelight
Sweetg
Thann
ThatJerseyGirl
Xu93texas

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

Upon thanking this post, please answer the following questions to introduce yourself to the group and officially join the challenge.

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):

The Entire Year. I am on a mission to get back to BSL as a natural w/ thick luscious ends.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):

All of the above :yep:

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:

Natural :yay:;

4.Current hair length:

SL

Cornrolls

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

my first natural blow out.jpg (The Front)
length 2015 FULLY NATURAL.jpg (The Back)

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): I plan to wear wigs most of the year. Maybe a break hear and there for a few days or week.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Definitely protective styling for low manipulation and hair retention. My hair takes forever and a day to grow so I need all the help I can get.

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: Natural

4.Current hair length: SL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.): My choice of hidden hair is either cornrows or lately I've been doing flat twists and it has been working beautifully.

ForumRunner_20141222_130647.jpg

ForumRunner_20141222_130746.jpg

ForumRunner_20141222_130820.jpg

dede1129

The entire year

Versatility and convenience

Natural

4.Current hair length:

SL

flat twist

Will post it later

Will show later

GGsKin

All year, with 'mini breaks' like having my hair 'out' on some weekends.

When I'm wiggin, I'm baggying. And I'm currently green house effecting to grow in a bald spot (as of the past couple of months I'm seeing good signs).

Natural

4.Current hair length:

The back of my head: hair stretched is collar bone length.
Front: hair stretched reaches top lip.

Three, four or five canerows.

I'll post pics later. Joined my first length 'challenge'. Would like to reach APL (in the back) in 6 months.

I've got two that I've been rotating. One I had to cut and restyle. The other is a full lace I trimmed a little. Will post pics later. It's only been three months but I already see myself getting bored with just these two.

Attachments

• 2014-12-23_12.53.40.jpg
    2014-12-23_12.53.40.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20141006_192231.jpg
    IMG_20141006_192231.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

SpiritJunkie

Until June 2015

Protective styling

Natural

4.Current hair length:

Shoulder

Plaits or cornrows.

My length first pic

wig I'm currently wearing 2nd pic

Attachments

• length check nov 2014.jpg
    length check nov 2014.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 187
  • hhh.jpg
    hhh.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 225

Ann0804

1. I will be wigging it all Winter and all Fall. I will take a break from wigging in the Summer.

2. I'm lazy during the cold months and don't want to spend hours getting the perfect style.

3. Natural

4. APL

5. I usually do two french braids.

6. Will post later- when hair is presentable. Lol

7. I will be wearing my ombré blonde bob, jet black shoulder length Bob, and a few pixi shorties.

Evolving78

1.Until I reach a desired health, look, and length of my hair?
2.all of the above
3. Relaxed/texlaxed with bone straight ends 4.Current hair length: SL
5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.) cornrows
6.Photo of your starting point (if you image-2503922937.jpg have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share): Below shoulder blade the end of this coming year

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: I wear several.

Last edited:

melisandre

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): Winter, Spring and Fall... I'll take a break once the weather gets hot.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Low manipulation

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: Natural

4.Current hair length: APL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.): Plaits, twists, or cornrows.

ETA: starting pic, taken NYE

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

Attachments

• Dec.31.2014.jpg
    Dec.31.2014.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

gabulldawg

I am definitely in for 2015. I will probably take a break every now and then. Right now I am only wearing wigs on the weekends and wear my TWA during the week.

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): Winter, Spring and Fall... I'll take a break once the weather gets hot. Right now I plan on wigging indefinitely. I will probably announce when I am ready for a break.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Low manipulation The purpose of me joining is for protective styling.

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: Natural I am newly natural, rocking the TWA.

4.Current hair length: TWA

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.): Plaits, twists, or cornrows. Right now it's just loose under my wigs. Hopefully I will be able to braid my hair down soon!

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share): Pic posted

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: pics posted

My new thing for this year's challenge will be to take my wigs to get thinned. No matter what my wigs always are too thick and wiggy for my tastes. Taking my wigs to a professional stylist has really done wonders! Thinning my wigs make them look more like a sew in rather than a wig.

Attachments

• image-64183653.jpg
    image-64183653.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 257
  • image-906139322.jpg
    image-906139322.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 226
  • image-1619765583.jpg
    image-1619765583.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 254
  • image-156210074.jpg
    image-156210074.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 208
  • image-4055591789.jpg
    image-4055591789.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

SunnyDelight

Add me please!!!!

Jan to June
Oct to Dec. 31, 2015

Protective Styling, low manipulation, retention, healthier for me

Natural

4.Current hair length:

Flat twists, cornrows, plaits

Shorty do wigs.... just got a shoulder length razor cut wig that I can't wait to work!

Krystle~Hime

Do you guys retain as much length on your leaveout as your rest of your hair ? Because I don't... Especially on winter times.

iamyattababe

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Til the Spring/Summer months

All of the above

Natural

4.Current hair length:

Little past SL

Cornrows

Don't have one, been wiggin it since beginning of December

Currently wearing half wig Tammy - 3 weeks and counting

Also have about 3 full cap wigs I plan on putting in rotation in the coming months.

danysedai

How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):

2.Purpose of joining challenge : covering hair as I have a LOT of grey hair (more then 75%:blush:) and I don't want to dye my hair.

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: Relaxed/texlaxed

4.Current hair length: between APL and BSL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair : plaits

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: RPGshow PTS001s in 14 inches. I bought another one from them, a different bob with bangs but returned it today due to wrong colour.

Attachments

• 20141109_213018.jpg
    20141109_213018.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay ladies I ordered some Burmese deep curly in 18in, 20in, & 22in with a 16in closure from one of the ladies on BHM who is a stylist that was going into business to start selling hair. Please dont ask me for prices as she does have a price list and I was interested solely in this hair. I will include her info below if you'd like to inquire. Anyway I placed my order on Nov 14th and she had an issue with her wefter which she did give me options. I chose to wait for my hair as the pictures she sent me of previous hair was beautiful. She was very professional the whole time and kept me updated on my order. I love superb customer service. I'm so glad I waited. She made me a stunningly gorgeous unit out of the hair I ordered. When I tell you ladies this hair is bomb I mean it is bomb. Of course I'll give another review once I wear the hair and see how it behaves. I cowashed the hair when I rcvd it with suave hemuctant moisture con and used a tiny bit of shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie then let it air dry a little before diffusing. The curls are just breathtaking. I cannot explain it in other way. Anyway pics below are of the hair wet after cowashing and then the last two is the hair dry and me with it on. Sorry for the no makeup face but I was too excited. The stylist info is Chevel Johnson anf her email address is [email protected]
I'm telling you that you wont be disappointed in this hair.

ForumRunner_20141223_180820.jpg

ForumRunner_20141223_180825.jpg

ForumRunner_20141223_181003.jpg

ForumRunner_20141223_181012.jpg

ForumRunner_20141223_181020.jpg

ForumRunner_20141223_181028.jpg

Evolving78

Do you guys retain as much length on your leaveout as your rest of your hair ? Because I don't... Especially on winter times.
that's why I wear full wigs. I would have no hair trying to blend. Do you wear curly styles that don't require a straightened leave out?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

I usually leave very little and I mean very little out for my hairline to look natural or I just wear a full wig bc my hair is prone to splits and breakage if I do have to keep manipulating to blend.

SuchaLady

Find a wig that only requires a sliver, and I mean a sliver, of your hairline out. Or try a full wig if you like them. I can't do it though. Full wigs look like wigs :look: to me.

Krystle~Hime

that's why I wear full wigs. I would have no hair trying to blend. Do you wear curly styles that don't require a straightened leave out?

I usually leave very little and I mean very little out for my hairline to look natural or I just wear a full wig bc my hair is prone to splits and breakage if I do have to keep manipulating to blend.

Find a wig that only requires a sliver, and I mean a sliver, of your hairline out. Or try a full wig if you like them. I can't do it though. Full wigs look like wigs :look: to me.

It's a full lace wig, I don't need to straighen my leave out as it blends with my 4c hair texture. I wear it with a bang but it looks fake/wiggy if idont leave a leaveout
Here are some pics of how I usually wear it.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1398626377695.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1398626377695.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 305

Krystle~Hime

Thanks HairPleezeGrow I'm gonna follow all your advices and do my best for leave only a sliver out , thanks SuchaLady shortdub78

The entire year

convenience

Natural

4.Current hair length:

I have no clue, maybe apl or bsl will do a length check next week

10/14 twists

Will post it later

See attachment pic

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1398626377695.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1398626377695.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 192

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
1.How long do you plan on wigging it: Until April, then I'll flat iron for my birthday. Get box braids for a month after that (I'm starting Teach for America's training in May and will need to be able to get up and go). And wigs again until the end of the year.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): Protective styling and length retention. I'm currently taking Manetabolism vitamins and getting a good inch a month so I want to retain all I can.

4.Current hair length: Arm pit length

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.): beehive

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share): my hair is in a beehive right now so I can't provide a photo until I take them out next month

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: I'm wearing the new born free synthetic bob wig.

Queensheba88

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): I WANT TO STICK TO WIGS THE ENTITE YEAR

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):ALL OF THE ABOVE

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning: TEXTLAXED W. BONE STRAIGHT ENDS

4.Current hair length:
SHOULDER LENGTH

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.) BEEHIVE AND CORNROWS

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share): WILL BE WEARING WIGS UNTIL I REACH APL

Attachments

• 20141219_120422-1-1.jpg
    20141219_120422-1-1.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 180

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm joining.

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): I plan on wigging for at least 6 months. In that time, I hope to retain 2 inches.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.): I want length retention

4.Current hair length: BSL

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.): Twists and braids.

See below

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: Currently wearing two versions of the Ashanti Wig 14". I wear a shiny spandex cap underneath and pin the wig down. I don't let the combs touch my hair.

Attachments

• LC 2014.jpeg
    LC 2014.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 20141123_222456.jpg
    20141123_222456.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20141124_163230.jpg
    20141124_163230.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 173

SuchaLady

The entire year :look:

All of the above

Relaxed

4.Current hair length:
No idea :lol:

Cornrows. A beehive seems easier to maintain though :scratchch:

(looks much cuter on video)

Last edited: