2015 WIG CHALLENGE

Smiley79

Straight no bangs; basically a lob
My personal exprience with The bob wigs that i have tried or seen is that they all need tweezing and some work to mske them look realistic. :gorgeous: I rocked the Rihanna wig and it needed work. They were synthetic though. Maybe those RpGShow or Wowafrican human hair wigs, although pricier, are more ready to wear?...im not sure though, hopefully others will chime in with more ideas.

Smiley79

@Smiley79 your wig looks great, good work. I said I wasn't buying any more hair this year but you make me want some big hair now:lol:.

You said you didn't use a closure and I was going to ask how you closed it off. But then you said you did use one(?)

Thank you @AbsyBlvd I saw so many reviews on Youtube for that Yvonne hair and I felt the same way as you, I suddenly wanted big hair, lolll. smh. I too am done with buying hair for a while now. I stocked up on a few patterns so now I need to use them up before I buy anymore.

In answer to your question, I think I got my replies mixed up about the closure. :drunk: I was trying to say that I did not use a closure for the Kinky curly hair. (I did use a closure for the body wave wig that I posted prior to that one.) I closed the wig for the kinky curly wig by sewing the top in a circle until it just closed in. The puffiness and fullness of this texture hair covers up the closing very well so you don't have to worry about it being perfect, you just want it to be secure since kinky hair needs to be detangled quite often. HTH.

Smiley79

I have a limited experience with wigs but think all wigs need a little tweaking before wearing, in order to make them look natural. It is a lucky woman that can pull it out the bag and rock it just like that and have it look natural.

I agree with that. The only wig (synthetic) I ever bought that was PERFECT out the pack was Danity. That company nailed the parting to a perfection. Unfortunately the hair quality was horrible. :perplexed:

GGsKin

@Smiley79 thanks for explaining the methods you used. You look great as usual. I need to re-hash my poor attempt at making a wig. I too used the circular method to close the wig, but the way the hair had me looking like Slash circa 1987...I had to dash it to the depths of my wardrobe.

Smiley79

@Smiley79 thanks for explaining the methods you used. You look great as usual. I need to re-hash my poor attempt at making a wig. I too used the circular method to close the wig, but the way the hair had me looking like Slash circa 1987...I had to dash it to the depths of my wardrobe.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm done with you @AbsyBlvd. Mine looked like that too when I finished the wig...I almost thought I had to trash it. Then I cowashed it, ran the denman brush through it and let it air dry. I had to work thru it a lot until I got the exact parting and setting that I desired. So I feel your pain. I used some of the tips from the Checker Board method that I mentioned earlier and I found that it helped with achieving that shape of the wig too.

NefertariBlu

Is there going to be a 2016 challenge?

I've come in on the tail end of this and I'm so ready to get my wig game together.

Since September I have been wearing wigs and switch it up by wearing my hair out sometimes but mainly wearing wigs.

I just bought a new one yesterday as my Toni wig looks like it's gone past its last leg. It lasted about 3 months which isn't bad considering I didn't treat it that we'll.

I want a kinky straight one after this curly one dies.

Smiley79

Is there going to be a 2016 challenge?

I've come in on the tail end of this and I'm so ready to get my wig game together.

Since September I have been wearing wigs and switch it up by wearing my hair out sometimes but mainly wearing wigs.

I just bought a new one yesterday as my Toni wig looks like it's gone past its last leg. It lasted about 3 months which isn't bad considering I didn't treat it that we'll.

I want a kinky straight one after this curly one dies.

I hope so, I want to join!

@NGraceO will you coordinate it again? :)

Aggie

I just ordered:

-NJoy's Graying Hair Essentials Supplements x 3 bottles
-NJoy's Long and Healthy Hair Growth Oil (sulfur-free)

-1 Saga Remy Front Lace Wig (100% human hair) named TRIVIA for protective styling. This is a really cute wig that I bought in #1 a few months back and this time I bought in color OP27 for a slightly different look during the holidays:yep:.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Wigs have improved my edges....hope you can see the pic >>>click here. I wear full caps b/c those seem to protect my edges better than lace. Some lace is softer than others. Since I'm not putting a lot of money into my wigs, my lace isn't overly soft which can be irritating. I don't have those issues with full caps.

coolsista-paris

I wouldnt say straighten them unless your comfortable doing that...try getting a more trxtured wig or one that will blend with your natural texture....constant heat can be stressful on them..
i better go hair shopping. I have lots of stuff missing (although my bathroom is full of products). lol
the ones remaining dont work very well on my hair so ...i do need to use them up though.

ForestRose

Fed up of experimenting with rubbish, nasty aliexpress messy hair. Not wasting money anymore. Is this company/wig any good? I just want to go with a good reputable company that will give me hair to last6 months without looking like a stiff mess. My hair is becoming difficult to manage with my time schedule and personal issues so I've been neglecting it.

Anyone have any advice for some shoulder length (12" 14"?) straight natural ( like kinky straight, Italian/coarse/light yaki hair). I just want a style that I can be consistent with so that if wear my real hair out for a few days the transition won't be obvious. My price limit is $200 or so.

http://www.aprillacewigs.com/u-part-lace-wigs/213-italian-yaki-kinky-straight-u-part-lace-wigs.html

Thank you!