2016 A P L/b S L Challenge

GGsKin

I did a henna treatment over the weekend. My powders were Rajasthani henna, hibiscus and SAA. I mixed with hibiscus tea and ended up leaving it on overnight.

Yesterday morning, I rinsed and cowashed with Faith in Nature hemp and meadowfoam con. I DCd for a few hours with Mielle Organics Babassu oil and mint, and AOWC. My hair felt great after rinsing; soft and strengthened. It's still drying this morning.

Last edited:

WeirdoBeauty

Sooo I have been completely MIA pretty much since august but its that's due to school.
Update:
I installed box braids on myself(never do that again, it took me 4 days) in the middle of August.I go to college in a Texas so my hair was starting to get kinda of dry in the braids, so I took them out at the end of September. Because my hair was so dry due to the new climate,my hair was super tangley, I actually had to cut out some small knots out of my hair. After that I did a full wash routine on my hair and styled for flat twist out. I am still washing my hair 2x a week for the most part and I switch between braidouts and flat twists outs. I have also been keeping up with my reggie for the most part, but I have been slacking on my sulfur oil and scalp massages. sometimes. I have also incorporated some new things into my reggie:
-refreshing my hair at night with plain water and a oil
-detangling my hair using a revised version of Nap85 detangling method
Will update with pictures this weekend.

GGsKin

Yesterday washed my hair for the first time since henna. I used diluted protein condtioner (MCBJ) on my ends and nape and followed with diluted AOWC, rinsed and then clay washed my hair.

My mum gave me some large Aloe leaves so I peeled and crushed one, and poured the juice over scalp and hair after I rinsed the clay. Still waiting for my hair to dry this morning but making the juice myself didn't lead to immediately hard hair, like the bottled stuff usually does.

I'll wear it down today so it can dry and put it up in a banana clip later.

WeirdoBeauty

The pictures from the blue shirt is after a blowout and a fresh trim that got rid of all my dead and damaged ends in August. The red cami was taken last week. I think I gotten a decent amount of growth but I feel like my hair is getting thicker, which is kinda of strange due to the factor my hair is already very thick.:spinning:

Attachments

• hair college 1.jpg
    hair college 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3211.JPG
    IMG_3211.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 85

Aggie

Day 1 inverting for December, no oil, 3 minute massage. Moisturized my ends with HQS Greaseless Moisture.

apple_natural

I got more vitamins including evening primrose oil. my face has really cleared up this year, but hopefully this oil knocks out the small blemishes I see.

I've been trying to use my moisturizer more often. I'm tired of these braids already, though.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm on day 6 of inversions and I'm still spraying Xcel21 twice a day.

My last pull test was mbl in the longest layer. Unfortunately my shorter layers are still struggling to get to bsl. I'll post my final length check Wednesday after I bkt and trim.

apple_natural

I don't know how to add photos on here still... but my hair looks like 36% less awesome than @KidneyBean86 's photo up there. So I'm excited ! Lol.

I don't want to straighten because, of course, it's raining. I don't know what to do with it. It's just in a bun.... I guess I can keep bunning... blah. But I'm less burned out on buns than braids, so bun it is

long.hair.dont.care

I've reached my milestone... somewhat.:look:
Here is the pitiful picture I took as my starting picture in APLjan2016.JPG
I remember struggling to stretch my arm that far up...

This is my longest layer as of Dec 25, 2016. IMG_20161225_182924.jpg

However, my right and left side have not reached BSL.
I trimmed the whole back straight across this summer to avoid this.
I'm convinced there is no escaping the growing v. At this point I am just going to have to learn to love it.
IMG_20161225_183551.jpg

Aggie

I deep conditioned my hair today with APB Bamboo Algae Mask and moisturized my ends with Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding sealed with B & B Silky Aloe Hair Pudding and Sarenzo Creamy Oil.

Daina

I've reached my milestone... somewhat.:look:
Here is the pitiful picture I took as my starting picture in View attachment 383461
I remember struggling to stretch my arm that far up...

This is my longest layer as of Dec 25, 2016. View attachment 383463

However, my right and left side have not reached BSL.
I trimmed the whole back straight across this summer to avoid this.
I'm convinced there is no escaping the growing v. At this point I am just going to have to learn to love it.
View attachment 383467

My hair grows in a natural V and I have NEVER been able to get it to grow otherwise. I remember all the times I let stylist cut it even only to have the V come right back. I now love it and embrace the V!