2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Aggie

This morning I prepooed with an avj/pracaxi/pumpkin seed oil combo for 20 minutes ,then Moroccan Natural Oil Weightless Shampoo followed by 15 minutes of Keracare Super Reconstructor and 10 minutes if Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor.

My leave in will be Redken Anti Snap Leave in. I have a combination of butters that I will be using to seal my hair with later.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Clarified with Lush Seanik shampoo bar (I was going through a thing, not sure about repurchase).
Protein Nexxus Emergencee followed by KBB Luscious Locks under my steamer.
Will follow with KBB leave-in and style with Nairobi wrap foam.

Aggie

I cowashed my hair this morning with Aussie Moist Conditioner before heading out to church.

After church I moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew sealed with a combination of ceramide butters, massaged some hairdrenalin potion on my scalp and inverted for 5 minutes. Now my hair is nice and super soft.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
My coworker brought me a bottle of Biosilk today and it smells so good. I put a little on my hair before I wrapped it up. The ac is broken at work so the middle of my hair has reverted like 50%. All I can do is wear buns now

When my hair reverts, I like to do 2-3 bantu knots overnight, it extends the life of my straight hair for like...3 more weeks! Cause I'm lazy! LOL

Mostly Twist outs
I just started roller setting

I also cannot do too many twist-outs...I get crazy SSKs! Sometimes it helps when I twist and thread around the twists (like African threading) to give it a good stretch. Also, extended WnGs give me nasty SSKs :(

My hair has been in these dame cornrows and I am loving it. The downside is, its SO low-maintenance, I'm forgetting to moisturize!!! This weekend I am giving my hair the "Star Treatment": Pre-poo, Aphogee 2-step and an ultra moisturizing DC...not sure how I am going to style it just yet, but there's an 80% chance it will be back under a wig.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Great idea @itsjusthair88. I am going to cowash tomorrow, but next time my hair reverts I'll try a few bantu knots. I'm usually a shampoo girl, but I think cowashing every now and then will help my hair retain more moisture.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd my twists for a little over 30 minutes with Avon Frizz Control under heat & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of TGIN Replenishing Conditioner.
  • LCO'd with L = Cream & Coco 1000 Flowers & Aphogee Curlific; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I redid my celies braids so that I can wash my hair tomorrow. This is going to be a busy week so I need my hair to be on its best behavior.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Great idea @itsjusthair88. I am going to cowash tomorrow, but next time my hair reverts I'll try a few bantu knots. I'm usually a shampoo girl, but I think cowashing every now and then will help my hair retain more moisture.

I'm not big on co-washing either - if I am wearing my WnG I may do it every 2 days.

My hair is STILL under these braids lol...nothing fun or exciting to report. I have been doing my sulphur mix under a shower cap every other night, so we'll see if there is any growth come my T/U at the end of next month. Still planning to take my hair down this weekend and give it a FULL wash day.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I really have been neglecting my hair as far as growth aids and practices and I can definitely tell. I am officially getting back on the wagon one step at a time. My first tackle will be liquids. I will start with 2L of water and increase and incorporate every two weeks because I mildly remember one of my past professor saying you have to do something at least 9 days in a row to make it a habit and I'm stubborn so 14 days it is.

1st: 2L water
2nd: 2L water + 8oz Bamboo Leaf Tea
3rd: 3L water + 8oz Bamboo Leaf Tea
4th: 3L water + 8oz Bamboo Leaf Tea + 24oz Green Smoothie
5th: 4L water + 80z Bamboo Leaf Tea + 24 oz Green Smoothie

Started earlier this week and have been successful with my water so far.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
@Prettymetty you love Kerastase...what are your fave products? I may get into the line, I've heard some great things.

I'm going back to shaving my kitchen guys - I hate my kitchen/nape area, it never grows, I treat it like a sweet little, nurtured baby and it refuses. When it's shaved, I at least give off the aura of having some sort of style lol

Going to get it shaved down this weekend with a cute little design!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty you love Kerastase...what are your fave products? I may get into the line, I've heard some great things.

I'm going back to shaving my kitchen guys - I hate my kitchen/nape area, it never grows, I treat it like a sweet little, nurtured baby and it refuses. When it's shaved, I at least give off the aura of having some sort of style lol

Going to get it shaved down this weekend with a cute little design!
Like an undercut? I want to see pics when you get it done.

APrayer4Hair

Hey guys :look:

My life won't behave long enough for me to post regularly but I'm still aiming for BSL dec 2016. I had box braids for 1.5 months and took them down last week. Here are a few pics of my hair recently. I don't do anything consistently as far as vitamins/treatments/regimen. Hell, it's lucky I at least groom before leaving the house :lachen::rolleyes:
I recently did a semi-permanent black cherry color over previously lightened hair.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    990.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just massaged my scalp with sulfur and peppermint oil since I'm putting off wash day anyway. I ended up washing my daughter's hair with my new Kerastase cleansing conditioner. I love the smell and texture, but it didn't seem to have much slip... maybe I didn't use enough, but her hair seemed stripped a bit once I rinsed it. I'll try it on my hair probably Sunday after church. Now that her hair has airdried (in a wash and go pony) it looks really sleek and feels hydrated.

Aggie

I just massaged my scalp with sulfur and peppermint oil since I'm putting off wash day anyway. I ended up washing my daughter's hair with my new Kerastase cleansing conditioner. I love the smell and texture, but it didn't seem to have much slip... maybe I didn't use enough, but her hair seemed stripped a bit once I rinsed it. I'll try it on my hair probably Sunday after church. Now that her hair has airdried (in a wash and go pony) it looks really sleek and feels hydrated.

Thanks for the review @Prettymetty. You know I was waiting for this right?

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with Jakeala's Coconut Hair Milk & EVCO.
  • DC'd under heat cap for an hour with Kanechom Chocolate.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth & Repair, Rinsed out 80% ACV & TGIN Replenishing.
  • LCS'd with L = Coco Cream 1000 Flowers; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; S = Design Essentials Mousse.