2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Aggie

Prepooed this morning with black cumin seed oil and aloe vera juice
Shampooed with Redken Cleansing shampoo followed with Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating shampoo
Oil rinsed with a mixture of aloe vera juice and evoo
Deep conditioned with Macadamia natural Oil Nourishing Conditioner
Redken Anti Snap Leave in
Moisturized
with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel and sealed with my own mix of ceramide oil and butter combo.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I finally ended my lazy streak and washed my hair. I prepood my scalp with a generous amount of Alter Ego Garlic conditioner to halt the shedding. Next, I rinsed out the prepoo in the shower and applied 4 pumps of Kerastase Discipline Curl Ideal Cleansing Conditioner on my scalp only. Then I massaged it in and put Therapiste Soin Premier on my ends for strength. After about 5 minutes I rinsed my hair thoroughly and now I'm airdrying until 80%. Once my hair is almost dry I will prep it for straightening.

To answer the Question of the week: I have to have aloe vera juice and at least one Kerastase mask:yep:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I haven't done a Question of the week in a while...

This is week 26 and we are halfway done. Question of the week: What is the one product that your hair can't live without? If there are multiple products list them all.

I need water for my hair. Both inside and out. @Prettymetty I did the undercut, but I keep forgetting to get a pic, will get one today when I get home.

I'm back to WnG buns, rinsing with just water and wearing a bun this week. I really want to use Etae and straighten, but...my spirit is not into that lol I rarely do anything that grand to my hair during the week, plus I am due for a T/U in 4 weeks and I'll get a blow-out then, so...shrugs.

I'm just sooooo lazy, that's why my hair won't make it past MBL :(

trclemons

• Prepoo'd over an hour with Avon Frizz Control & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% SM Black African Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOS'd with L = Cream & Coco 1000 Flowers & Ion Reparative Solutions; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp; S = Lustrasilk Curl Activator.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I can't wait to get home and take off this wig. It has been a long day and I want to let my hair down. I wish I had a better leave in, but my No Buy challenge is in effect until July 31.

JudithO

Damn I didnt join this challenge... hoping to be BSL or close to MBL by year end.

Right now, I'm 2.5 years from last relaxer... Attached is my progress from December 2014, and December 2015... My reggie is I shampoo and DC once a month, water rinse every week in between. I only use a seamless comb on shampoo days... Full reggie is in my siggie...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 4.38.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 4.38.23 PM.png
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 72

Aggie

Today I exfoliated my scalp with Nioxin Scalp Renew

Shampooed with Redken Time Rest Shampoo (this shampoo has exfoliating properties in it) I felt a really good tingle on my scalp with these first two products.

I used semi permanent color in black for gray hair for the first time. I will see how well this works.

I will be oil rinsing with a coconut oil/aloe vera juice combo.

Deep conditioning with Hea Moisture Anti Breakage Strengthening Masque followed with Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque for moisture.

Leave in - Aunt Jackie's Quench

Moisturizing with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter gel and sealing with some natural butter/oil combo.

trclemons

• Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd under a heat cap for an hour with Honey's Handmade Bentonite & Sea Clay Conditioning Mask.
  • Used CC's Natural Sugar Scalp Scrub, CW'd with Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth & Repair, 80% R/O of ACV & SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Reparative Solutions; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length; B = Hairitage Hydration Horsetail on scalp & Kyra's Shea Hydrate & Refresh on ends.

ajargon02

I am hoping to make bsl by the end of the year. 10 on my shirt is the top of my bra strap and I am at 9! I am too excited! Last time I got here I had a lot of breakage from over moisturized hair. I have been keeping up with my protein/moisture balance and I hope to keep this up. I am taking viviscal again as well to help in meeting my goals.

Attachments

• 20160506_165704.jpg
    20160506_165704.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54

Aggie

Damn I didnt join this challenge... hoping to be BSL or close to MBL by year end.

Right now, I'm 2.5 years from last relaxer... Attached is my progress from December 2014, and December 2015... My reggie is I shampoo and DC once a month, water rinse every week in between. I only use a seamless comb on shampoo days... Full reggie is in my siggie...
8 inches in one year is very impressive growth @JudithO :yep: Congrats

iVR

Sorry for the double post if you're in the WL thread too.... :D

I think I finally found a gel that speaks to my heart! I'm going to use 4 more times, but it's wash and go season. My Eco styler is #1, but my hair is soooo thick it takes forever to dry. This new gel I scrapped my pennies together for works with every single leave in conditioner I own including the generic one. It goes one like water too.

I say all this to say it's time for a trim and this one rapunzel patch at my nape has hit BSL. Drinking more water and actually getting more greens, yuck, in my diet along with this scalp spray are working. This pic is like a month old and I can't remember if I uploaded it sorry if it's a double. Also shrinkage is real, but I'm finally embracing it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd under the heat cap for 30 minutes with Bath & Body Works Rainkissed Leaves.
  • Added HH Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter and CW'd.
  • 80% R/O with SM African Black Soap.
  • LSOC with L = Ion Repair Solution; S = Curly Keeper Total Control; O = Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length; C = TGIN Butter Cream.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I finally found a sew-in routine that keeps my leave out moisturized and limits damage, my scalp clean and non itchy, my braids moisturized, and my weave soft and flowy .

There is not a lot of info out there about keeping your hair and scalp healthy under a sew in but I'm so happy I've hacked my way into a routine that works and is still soooo low maintenance. I'm a happy camper .

ETA: I'm happy with the growth so far as well. At the two week mark I had 1/2 inch of growth. My hope is a full 2 1/2 inches (will keep it in 2 1/2 months, getting it tightened at the half mark) that way when I cut 1/2 in Sept I will be full BSL. 2 more inches and Dec I'll be full MBL and can finally graduate !! :trophy:

Last edited:

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & EVCO.
    • DC'd under heat cap for an hour with Blue Roze Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Mask.
    • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Trea, CW'd with Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth Repair, 80% R/O with ACV mix & SM Black Soap Balancing Conditioner.
    • LCOB'd with L = Ion Repair Solutions, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze, B = Hairitage Hydration Horsetail on scalp & Kyra's Shea Hydrate & Refresher on ends.
    • Will use Siamese Twists Vanilla Curly Crème to twist.

Last edited:

Aggie

I just started using Ouidad hi-defining gel from their immersion line for kinky curls. It's expensive, but it's worth every penny so far. I'm trying to see if the jar will last me at least 1 and 1/2 to 2 months. Then it'll pay for itself.
@iVR

Have you tried the Wetline Xtreme Professional (extra hold) gel? It is really a great gel. In fact there is a thread on this gel that very active and we have tons of pics in there as well. It's here https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/what-kind-of-voodoo-is-in-wetline-gel.793309/

Also it's very cheap and it doesn't leave any flakes at all. I think you'll like it a lot.

Aggie

This morning I'll be finishing up my last bit of Redken Time Reset Shampoo.

I'll be oil rinsing with a mixture of avj, evco and evoo.

Deep Conditioning with Macadamia Nourishing Moisture Masque

Used CRN Curl Maker with Wetline Xtreme gel and some oil on my bunned hair.