2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Aggie

The product claims to loosen or even remove the curl pattern, but my coils bounced back after the first wash. I have much more slip though even without products. Blow drying is quicker and my hair gets really straight with minimal effort
Wow, sounds good.

Can you repost the link where you got the straightener from please @Prettymetty

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty Your hair is looking fabulous! Keep going and you'll be WL before you know it. That's a great length right now too bc you can do so many protective styles and they look really nice at that length while your hair is growing and growing healthy.
:cloud9: :clap:
Thank you. I'm hoping to retain more length with the bkt. So far my hair seems much softer and stronger. I can't stop touching it:cloud9:

Caramel74

I think my hair looks better curly but it was nice to have something different today and treat myself. I also took advantage of it being straight to give myself a micro trim. It has not been done in over 3/12 months. I didn't even need to take much off, plus I would not have anyway. There should be no need to if I'm never using heat or chemicals. That one short spot is getting there. I'd say maybe next year I can even it all up and not have that shorter spot. Or like Boston Maria's hair maybe it will just magically disappear as it gets really long.

Treated myself and spent $84 at the mall today. My hair was only $20 ($10 for flatiron and $10 tip). Then I went to Sephora and bought a really good facial cleanser so I can start wearing foundation again bc my skin has blemishes. Then to CVS for a moisturizer to match my Neutrogena powder foundation that I like. It makes my skin look clear and flawless, it's amazing. I had a nice me day then came home and paid all my bills.

Attachments

• After Micro Trim 2 Sept 16.jpg
    After Micro Trim 2 Sept 16.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Caramel74

@Prettymetty Awwie thanks! :D You know i didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. It looks like I have about 3 inches or so but I still have that spot that's about APL at this point. So when I reach WL I may have to cut back up and then grow again, but it will still be a victory bc that problem spot will be GONzo, and it will still be long AND thick. :yep:

Aggie

Right now I have some Redken Extreme Builder Plus mixed with AVJ and Avocado oil on my hair for maybe 20 minutes as aprepoo/DC on dry hair.

Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo

Possible Oil Rinse with hot Avocado oil

Moisture DC with NG Marshmallow Root DC mixed with SSI Riche Moisture Masque. I only have a little of the NG Marshmallow leftover so I have to make it up to fit my whole head.

Leave-In using NG Hibiscus & Honey Leave in conditioner.

VictoriousBrownFlower

So I did a braidout for the first time since june and while my hair has grown a lot I didn't like how it turned out. I used kinky curly knot today with the regular gel I normally use but they didn't mix well together. They left a white cast on my hair. At first I thought maybe the shampoo I've been using was leaving buildup but when I mixed the leave in with the gel on the back of my hand it made white clumps so now I know that was the problem.

My hair also didn't seem as defined as it usually does. It felt really soft and was limp. Those are usually the signs my hair gives when it needs a protein treatment. So next time I wash I'm going to use Aphogee 2 min as my dc and giovanni direct leave in with the gel to see how that does.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Flat ironed my hair yesterday and not happy with the results. My hair is virtually the same length my ends just look better after an 1/2 inch - inch trim. Still need to get some blood work done to figure out why my growth has slowed down significantly. My sides are also catching up with my middle a bit so some positive. Will finally claim grazing BSL for my sanity.

Gonna continue to try and add my picture but it hasn't been letting me. I usually add from my computer but it's broke and from my phone is not working.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My hair and scalp feel good. I shampooed with Redken Cleansing Cream and Elasta QP Cream & Conditioning Shampoo. Next, I dced with SD Razz, used Netwurks spray on scalp and hair underneath Netwurks Hair Cream and Coconut Curl Pudding on either side. The Netwurks stuff is for research purposes. :lol:

trclemons

The following occurred on Thursday - today:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Ojon Damage Reverse.
  • DC'd for 2 hours under turban with SM Tahitian Noni & Moni.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with SSI Okra & Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment, & 80% R/O of ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCO'd: L = LRC Shake 'n Go, C = 100 pumps of Oyin Hair Dew & Curly Kinks Satin Roots, O = Hydrathermal Naturals Growth on scalp & DIY on length.

VictoriousBrownFlower

So I couldn't help it. I rewashed my hair and redid the braidout. This time I only shampooed once and then did the aphogee 2 min. After that I applied Giovanni direct leave in sealed with avocado butter and applied the gel to each section before braiding.

Just from looking at my hair it doesn't look like there will be a white cast. If the problems aren't resolved this time around then it's the shampoo and I have to discontinue using it which I would hate.

I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

Daina

@BronxJazzy, I've found that if your styler/leave-in mixed with gel leaves a white cast on the back of your hand it's no bueno on the hair...I do the back of the hand test whenever I mix new combinations. KCKT is just not my friend, in the beginning it made my hair soft and now I just get dry hard hair whenever I use it. I stopped using it on my hair and use it to detangle my mom's hair. She has WL hair and hates doing it so she gets lots of tangles and mats. It really is a good detangler. Hope your braidout comes out better this time!

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

@BronxJazzy, I've found that if your styler/leave-in mixed with gel leaves a white cast on the back of your hand it's no bueno on the hair...I do the back of the hand test whenever I mix new combinations. KCKT is just not my friend, in the beginning it made my hair soft and now I just get dry hard hair whenever I use it. I stopped using it on my hair and use it to detangle my mom's hair. She has WL hair and hates doing it so she gets lots of tangles and mats. It really is a good detangler. Hope your braidout comes out better this time!
I found that out the hard way. I always forget to do the back of the hand test but now I know. I went back to using my tried and true products. My hair's not dry yet but it doesn't seem to have the white cast it had with the kckt.

When will I learn if it's not broken don't try to fix it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks @Janet'!

I washed my hair today with Curl Ideal cleansing conditioner. This was my second wash post bkt. My hair feels extremely silky when wet, but the texture is still there. After my Maskeratine dc I'll airdry my hair and lightly straighten it. I'm not sure if I should wear a wig or a bun this weekend...

Aggie

Today I'm using Pumpkin Seed Butter mixed with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm as a prepoo.

Clarify with Elucence Clarifying shampoo

Cowashing with 4 Bella Naturale Yucca Root Restorative Co-Wash Conditioner

Protein Treatment with 4BN YR Intensive Repair Mask

Moisture Treatment with 4BN YR Cocoavonana Deep Hair Mask

Leave-In with 4BN YR Restorative Leave-in Conditioner

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Kyra Shea's Baby Powder on ends.
  • DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with SM Tahitian Noni & Monoi.
  • CW'd with KenetMD, Reconstructed with Aphogee Curlific, R/O with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = KJ Naturals Raspberry Lemonade; O = DIY; B = Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp and Kyra Shea's Baby Powder & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
So I'm 3 inches to MBL and so far behind in my hair growth schedule it's not even funny.

My apt to get blood work done as to why my hair has virtually stopped growing is Wed but I mentioned the issue to my Mom (who's been in the medical industry for 30 years) and she commented on Vit D levels so I added that to my Vita-regi in the mean time.

I figured out a way to wash my braids without getting my leave out wet (refuse to put constant heat on my hair) so I'm uping wash days to 2x weekly which my scalp loves and bonus I can get through these products.

Hopefully with these changes, uping water intake, and Netwurks I will be close to MBL by the Dec check in.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
After a super busy day, I still managed to come home, clean the house and do my hair. I washed with Ion scalp shampoo, did a 30 minute dc (without heat) with Therapiste mask, and blow dried my hair before I redid my plaits. Then I moisturized my ends with Herbal Essences Touchably smooth cream and rubbed some Nioxin treatment all over my scalp. The Nioxin is really helping to reduce my shedding. My scalp feels so good each time I use it.

VictoriousBrownFlower

So I think I'm going to give up wash and goes until spring. My plan is to wash, dc with heat, leave in, seal, apply styler, and braid up for a braidout.

My braidouts last at least 3 days so I will either put in a bun when it starts to look messy or redo.

I'm going to focus more on moisture and low manipulation this fall/winter. Hopefully by spring I'll have a good 3 inches added onto my length.

Aggie

Prepooed with an assortment of oils and butters - too much to remember.
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Biotin Thickening shampoo
Protein Conditioner - CJ Curl Rehab - turned out to be great after my initial bad reaction to it.
Moisture Conditioner - SSI Riche Moisture Masque - I love this one a lot, offers a really nice slip.
Leave-In - NG Hibiscus and Honey leave-in

Putting my hair in 3 big plaits under my wig for the day.