2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Aggie

This morning I:

Covered my previously texlaxed hair with a mixture of Affirm Preservo and Chi Silk Infusion

Based my scalp with Blue Magic Castor Oil Grease

Texlaxed with a mixture of Afirm Fiberguard Mild Lye relaxer, Keracare Restorative Mask and Sunflower Oil

Mid-Protein treat with a mixture of Affirm Sustenance and Neutral Silk Protein for 5 minutes

Neutralized with Affirm Neutralizing Shampoo followed by 1 minute of French Stabilizer Plus to further bring down pH - my hair is usually very hard after using the French Stabilizer and I don't know why but it makes my hair feel pretty strong so I keep using it.

Deep Conditioning with a combination of Bekura Cocoa Bark and YAM Nectar for 30 minutes.

Oil Rinsing in the shower with hot Pumpkin Seed Butter (melted)

Detangling with Terrene Fusions Moisturizing Detangling Cream

Leave-In with APB Leave In Conditioner.

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd with SM Noni & Monoi and Superfruit for ~2 hrs. under plastic cap and 1.5 hrs under heat cap.
CW'd with Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
Reconstructed with Apoghee Curlific.
R/O with ACV & The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.
LCOB'd with LRC Shake 'n Go, KJ Natural's Raspberry Lemonade, DIY on length, Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

I just looked at this picture I posted in another thread at the end of August and I think I'm a little past MBL.

Attachments

• TC's Hair Update - August 2016.jpg
    TC's Hair Update - August 2016.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Janet'

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd with SM Noni & Monoi and Superfruit for ~2 hrs. under plastic cap and 1.5 hrs under heat cap.
CW'd with Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
Reconstructed with Apoghee Curlific.
R/O with ACV & The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.
LCOB'd with LRC Shake 'n Go, KJ Natural's Raspberry Lemonade, DIY on length, Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

I just looked at this picture I posted in another thread at the end of August and I think I'm a little past MBL.

:toocool: :toocool: YEP!! You sure are! Congrats to you!:dance7::dance7:

Janet'

Me and Mommy made it to Sydney with no problems!!! We arrived at 6 am AUS time. It's currently 11:52pm here but it's 9:52 am (ATL time), so my sleep cycle is going to be all off for this next week!

BTW, I wore a beanie (with my rollers underneath) and no one was none the wiser!! :yep: :yep: :yep: It's unseasonably cool today. The Aussies promise it will be warmer tomorrow. There is NO humidity, so I expect to have a great hair week!

JJamiah

Me and Mommy made it to Sydney with no problems!!! We arrived at 6 am AUS time. It's currently 11:52pm here but it's 9:52 am (ATL time), so my sleep cycle is going to be all off for this next week!

BTW, I wore a beanie (with my rollers underneath) and no one was none the wiser!! :yep: :yep: :yep: It's unseasonably cool today. The Aussies promise it will be warmer tomorrow. There is NO humidity, so I expect to have a great hair week!
Have fun my friend.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Cowashed with CD Hair Milk Cowash and did a quicky DC with KJ Naturals Hair Growth Conditioner last night.

My braids are super soft and my scalp is still tingling from the DC. Love it :heart3: I hope it's having some positive effects on growth.

I am also very much enjoying my new wig routine. My hair is braided down like it likes, my scalp can breathe at night, and my hair and scalp is loving the frequent wash/cowashing. I just hate how my wig looks like a wig. Sigh it can't all be perfect I guess.

Sanity

Cosmetologist
After 3 weeks off not shampooing my hair (working overtime), I will pamper myself and prepare my hair for a protective braid-crochet style. My hair arrived last night! Can I make it to BSB by December 20th? Only time will tell! This style will last until December with maintenence every 3/4weeks.

Aggie

Overnight last night I Deep Conditioned on dry hair with 4 Bella Naturale' Cocoavonana mixed with Terrene Fusions Ultra Rich Mango Deep Conditioner.

Today I :

Added a pre poo oil on top of my DC and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before detangling and washing it out
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Thin to Thick Shampoo
Quick rinse out with the remainder of the TF URM Deep Conditioner
Leave-in with Bel Nouvo Avocado & Shea Hair Milk.

I also did a demi color on my hair as well, followed with a quick oil rinse to soften, leave-in and bun for the day.:look:

Janet'

Pre- wash hot oil treatment with JBCO put in 8 Celie twists
Pre-wash Condition with Giovanni Tea Tree Oil Conditioner (for about 2 hours)
Wash/Condition (with Eta'e conditioner)
Rollerset...currently sitting under my NEW hair dryer:D

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I put some Nioxin Density Restoration on my scalp and moisturized my ends with Touchably Smooth cream. I think I'll cowash and dc tomorrow.

iVR

So I got the tail cut off in May in the pic on the left and on the right my entire hairline is now in the same spot as of yesterday. There's at least an inch of it you can't see on the right because I'm trying to hold it all. I didn't straighten my hair on the right. It's the result of a Bantu knot-out gone wrong and combed out lol. Also switching styling products seems to have really done my hair good. It's no longer weighed down and chunky, but now has movement, volume, definition, and last most of the week.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 40

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hey ladies! I went swimming earlier so I'm giving my hair some tlc. I cowashed with Aphogee 2 minute and I'm doing a 20 minute dc with Cristalliste mask. Afterwards I'll blowdry with the comb attachment. I haven't used that thing in a while, but it works great.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I finally received my new wig and it was way too blonde on the ends (ombre). I used Dark and Lovely brown dye to darken it to an ash blonde.

I plan on doing my purple rinse and second bkt either tomorrow or Thursday. My roots are getting too thick and unruly.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I've been so hair lazy lately. My hair's basically been in a bun. I just don't feel the want to play in it the way I did before which is honestly a good thing. I was washing and styling my hair way too much. Leaving my hair alone is what got me to where I was before I bc'd.

I know the low manipulation of just washing once a week and putting it in a bun until the next wash day will benefit my growth retention so I'm not really worried about my waning interest in my hair.

I'm still taking my biotin religiously and it's really helping my hair grow in fast. I never could have expected to go from shoulder length to bsb in 19 months. I've also been drinking more water, taking a multi, and eating healthy so I'm expecting to see some really good growth over the next few months.