2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

So my hair had been acting a little off recently. It seemed less defined and frizzy no matter what I did. Whether a braid out or a wash and go it just wasn't acting how it use to. Wash and goes seemed to fair better though so I was wearing them when I wanted to wear my hair out instead of braidouts which were a frizzy mess.

I thought about what'd changed in my regimen and all the other changes I corrected except one. I was using heat with my dc's. I remember hearing overmoisturized hair is frizzier from Elle. So I didn't do the heat this wash to see if it would make my wash and go less frizzy and more defined.

I'm waiting for it to dry now but so far so good. If this comes out good I'll try a braidout next to see if it comes out better when I omit the heat too.

beauti

I didn't weave it up yet but my one year anniversary with dh is in 2 weeks so that's still on the agenda. Right now I just keep my straight hair in a bun and oil my ends with vitamin E oil every night and Shea Butter blend on the length.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
3 hours later... my hair is finally done. I washed it, towel dried and blowdried with no products. J didn't even use conditioner (per the instructions). Then I added the Uncurly keratin treatment to each section and combed through. I wore gloves to protect my hands, but the fumes bothered my eyes a bit.

Once each section had Keratin I blowdried again and then flat ironed small sections on about 375. My hair feels great. Here is a pic of my bun. I'll take pics with my hair down tomorrow.View attachment 370761

@flyygirlll2

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Thank you @shawnyblazes :)

@Prettymetty Is there a formaldehyde free version of this? I would prefer a treatment without that ingredient, or if anyone else knows of one without it. Also wanted to ask if you still have texture left and how long have you been doing it for? I don't mind my texture loosening a little bit but I don't want to lose my texture either, I'm honestly just looking for manageability and an alternative to dealing with these ssks that are working my nerves.

TIA

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thank you @shawnyblazes :)

@Prettymetty Is there a formaldehyde free version of this? I would prefer a treatment without that ingredient, or if anyone else knows of one without it. Also wanted to ask if you still have texture left and how long have you been doing it for? I don't mind my texture loosening a little bit but I don't want to lose my texture either, I'm honestly just looking for manageability and an alternative to dealing with these ssks that are working my nerves.

TIA
I'm sure the ladies at Uncurly can make a formaldehyde free version. Their customer service is amazing. I got upgraded to the extra strength formula with no extra charge.

I have only done 2 treatments and I haven't did my first shampoo yet. The first treatment left my texture in tact, but my hair was softer and much easier to detangle. It gives my hair slip... Also my straight styles last longer (no puffing, swelling or crinkly roots).

Caramel74

@Prettymetty Mine is the opposite the sides grow faster. I can get away with wearing it in the front. The last time I had my hair flatironed at Mastercuts it was a guy and he kept going over it and over it over it burning the hell out of my poor fine strands.
:angry2:

You could tell he was dying to cut it, lol. He kept asking me when I was getting it trimmed. When we looked at it though he pointed out if I cut "this much" off then the other pieces would catch up. So that's what prompted my trim yesterday. I figured it has to come off sooner or later so mine as well get it off now and have 4 months of healthier growth. Plus the whole extra shedding philosophy of having different lengths. On top of that I couldn't get the burnt smell out for awhile. I was freaking out swearing up and down never again.
:lachen:
So it here it is my dear lovely sisters. It has no product in it and of course a little shrunken.

Attachments

• 23 Oct 16 After 2 Inch Trim.jpg
    23 Oct 16 After 2 Inch Trim.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

victory777

@Prettymetty Mine is the opposite the sides grow faster. I can get away with wearing it in the front. The last time I had my hair flatironed at Mastercuts it was a guy and he kept going over it and over it over it burning the hell out of my poor fine strands.
:angry2:

You could tell he was dying to cut it, lol. He kept asking me when I was getting it trimmed. When we looked at it though he pointed out if I cut "this much" off then the other pieces would catch up. So that's what prompted my trim yesterday. I figured it has to come off sooner or later so mine as well get it off now and have 4 months of healthier growth. Plus the whole extra shedding philosophy of having different lengths. On top of that I couldn't get the burnt smell out for awhile. I was freaking out swearing up and down never again.
:lachen:
So it here it is my dear lovely sisters. It has no product in it and of course a little shrunken.
Very pretty! !

Aggie

Prepooing this morning with a mixture of HQS The Slip Conditioner mixed with Banyan Botanicals Healthy Hair Oil and AVJ
Shampooing with Redken Color Extend Manetics Shampoo
Protein Treating with a mixture of some leftover Keracare Super Reconstructor and Neutral Protein Filler
Moisture DCing with my small jar APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle...finally :happydance:
Moisturizing with Bel Nouvo Avo & Shea Hair Milk
Plaiting my hair down for my wig. I will be wigging it out for a couple weeks.

VictoriousBrownFlower

My hair in the back is officially bsl. It's at the top of my bra strap when stretched. The front is a bit shorter but still reaches the part of the bra that's at the bottom of my cleavage.

My hair is also acting much better now that I've stopped using heat with my dc. From now on I'm going to do what I know works and stop experimenting.

I can't wait to see where my hair's at by my birthday in April 2017.

Caramel74

I'm missing that 2 inches because 4 months seems like a long time away. Why does so little make such a big difference. I keep trying to reassure myself that it had to come off. It was the ends so it seemed like nothing. It's not like I went and cut layers or anything. I can't imagine what the salon would have done to me. I'd probably have no hair left right now. Maybe I'll feel better when I have my hair done in December. I don't know what's up, even my other 4 braid protective style pretty much looked the same. That tail touching MBL was a big deal I guess.