2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I flat ironed my hair a few days ago and it immediately puffed up. Combination of my flat iron and me forgetting to add my Texture Manageability System. No one was home so I decided to not even bother with a picture. I will flat iron in 2-3 weeks with a new flat iron and not forgetting my TMS for a pic to satisfy the challenge rules.

I am unhappy with my growth so I'm making an executive decision to enjoy it instead of focusing on length. Will no longer be protective styling and will be wearing my hair out 80/20 (instead of 20/80). I will not join anymore length challenges. I think i'm going with the Glam Twins method of straight hair fall/winter and curly (coily for me) spring/summer. I am excited.

Caramel74

I flat ironed my hair a few days ago and it immediately puffed up. Combination of my flat iron and me forgetting to add my Texture Manageability System. No one was home so I decided to not even bother with a picture. I will flat iron in 2-3 weeks with a new flat iron and not forgetting my TMS for a pic to satisfy the challenge rules.

I am unhappy with my growth so I'm making an executive decision to enjoy it instead of focusing on length. Will no longer be protective styling and will be wearing my hair out 80/20 (instead of 20/80). I will not join anymore length challenges. I think i'm going with the Glam Twins method of straight hair fall/winter and curly (coily for me) spring/summer. I am excited.
@morgandenae

I'll be sad to see you go but I'm happy that you are making a decision to enjoy your hair as it is right now and going forward.

The length challenges can put some pressure on some people but it doesn't have to be that way. You can still lurk or use it as a support system. As for myself I just use it as a reminder to not damage my hair. And also had it not been for LHCF I would not have learned important hair care practices.

Anyway no matter what you decide it's been a pleasure and your hair is very long and healthy in your profile picture.

:2inlove::congrats:

Daina

I will be in for another year, even though I'm between MBL and WL I still need to trim out this heat damage. I plan to self trim myself as much as possible and maybe only 1 professional trim next year. Just don't trust anyone to listen and trim based on my wants and not what they think is best. Hoping to get rid of all the damage by mid-year so I can push to WL by end of next year or early 2018.

Caramel74

@Daina

That sounds like an awesome plan. I look forward to your update pics. MBL is very long on ethnic hair and the battle we face every single day. You're so right about trusting someone. After being devastated your entire life people hacking off too much..
:naughty:
Now that mostly all my layers are gonzo I just have my hot spots to deal with. But I think still trimming my own hair is the way to go. Unless for some reason I had to BC yet again. Don't ever let them do it wet and curly though.. you will definitely leave with no hair, lol.

Omg i had to run out of the chair one time. I was so mad. And pay triple the amount downstairs but she did it right and said: "I'm not even going to cut your hair, I'm going to give u a dusting.."

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
@morgandenae

I'll be sad to see you go but I'm happy that you are making a decision to enjoy your hair as it is right now and going forward.

The length challenges can put some pressure on some people but it doesn't have to be that way. You can still lurk or use it as a support system. As for myself I just use it as a reminder to not damage my hair. And also had it not been for LHCF I would not have learned important hair care practices.

Anyway no matter what you decide it's been a pleasure and your hair is very long and healthy in your profile picture.

:2inlove::congrats:

Thanks hun. Girl I wish my ends looked that good that's a wig :laugh:

Maybe your right. Length challenges do keep you accountable. I'm still in the WL 2017 challenge so I'll stay put, give myself longer to reach my goals, and enjoy my hair safely.

Caramel74

Thanks hun. Girl I wish my ends looked that good that's a wig :laugh:

Maybe your right. Length challenges do keep you accountable. I'm still in the WL 2017 challenge so I'll stay put, give myself longer to reach my goals, and enjoy my hair safely.
Wow, that's a nice one, you can't even tell a little bit! Sounds like an awesome plan and we'll be here for you if you need or want us.
:grouphug3:

Daina

@Daina

That sounds like an awesome plan. I look forward to your update pics. MBL is very long on ethnic hair and the battle we face every single day. You're so right about trusting someone. After being devastated your entire life people hacking off too much..
:naughty:
Now that mostly all my layers are gonzo I just have my hot spots to deal with. But I think still trimming my own hair is the way to go. Unless for some reason I had to BC yet again. Don't ever let them do it wet and curly though.. you will definitely leave with no hair, lol.

Omg i had to run out of the chair one time. I was so mad. And pay triple the amount downstairs but she did it right and said: "I'm not even going to cut your hair, I'm going to give u a dusting.."

@Caramel74, I have no problem getting up out of the chair. I also have no problem laying hands so rather than go to jail, it's best for me to learn! That way if I mess up its on me and nobody else. Plus I know I will be more conservative and take less. I have hairnorexia so it doesn't feel or look long to me although others can see it. I'm hoping full WL will help some of that feeling go away.

Caramel74

@Caramel74, I have no problem getting up out of the chair. I also have no problem laying hands so rather than go to jail, it's best for me to learn! That way if I mess up its on me and nobody else. Plus I know I will be more conservative and take less. I have hairnorexia so it doesn't feel or look long to me although others can see it. I'm hoping full WL will help some of that feeling go away.
@Daina

I hear you loud and clear sister. I just wrote this whole thing off topic then said whoa and erased it. I don't think we can PM each other bc I tried. Anyway.. I hear you.. 10 years ago matter of fact this month.. all I'm sayin... and even that's probably too much.. oh well
:lachen:
:alcoholics:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used the last bit of Kerastase Masquintense (travel size) today. A couple days ago I got the big jar of Masquintense from Target. It was marked $52, but for some reason it rang up $36. I saved some coins and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

The Kerastase site sells the same exact mask for $60 plus shipping. What a rip off! 20161127_221154.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair earlier this evening with Densite. I just redid my braids...detangling was a little rough today because of build up on my roots. I may have to go down to using Xcel21 just once a day.

I also started collecting shed hair in sandwich bags after each detangle session. I have reduced the shedding by being more gentle and using shampoo instead of cleansing conditioner.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Starting Length: APL
Goal Month: Aug. 2016 BSL, Dec. 2016 MBL
Inches from BSL/MBL: 4.5 inches from BSL, 6 inches from MBL
Regimen: 1x week Oil prepoo, shampoo, steam DC. Protein 1x monthly. My hair unstretched is too short to brush against my clothes, so I don't protective style. Wash and Go, Braidouts or twists. Band and cover with satin bonnet nightly.
Starting Pic: Will post after next wash day.

I never added my starting Pic. I'm attaching it and my 1 year update.

15Nov25LengthCheck.jpg 20161219_200143.jpg

Caramel74

Took another inch off. It was exactly 2 months to the day of my last trim so I most likely just cut off what grew in 2 months. My hair was so ratty and uneven at the ends also detangling in the shower was getting scary. Hopefully this will make the difference and I can just get my grow on. I saved myself $60 bucks doing this myself. This middle section is killing me. :( I'd rather do it slowly though I could never cut back up to that section it'd be way too short and I'd be devastated. It's better to take it off slowly and just keep practicing healthy hair strategies.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I washed my hair earlier this evening with Densite. I just redid my braids...detangling was a little rough today because of build up on my roots. I may have to go down to using Xcel21 just once a day.

I also started collecting shed hair in sandwich bags after each detangle session. I have reduced the shedding by being more gentle and using shampoo instead of cleansing conditioner.
How's your xcel21 progress? I only use it twice a week, but want to up it. In 13 weeks I've gotten 1.75" of growth. Normally I get 0.5" monthly, so it's a little boost considering it's only 2x weekly.