2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Caramel74

After a complete hack flatiron, lol and trim. I don't feel like I gained much length since October 30th, 2015, it should be around an inch and a half but then again that's not much either....
:giggle:

Attachments

• After Trim 3 Feb 16.jpg
    After Trim 3 Feb 16.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 32

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Re: Question of the Week- No, I've always had short hair...neck length or above. This is the longest my hair has ever been...and no I'm still not satisfied. :lol:

So I'm done with my 2nd month of Manetabolism. I've retained an inch. I hope by April to retain another inch to put me at 12" in my nape. My nape has never grown fast. My front is always the fastest, which I hate.

I have my hair in a flattwist mohawk right now. It's cute, but I'll redo the edges soon because I did it Sunday and four days later, it's looking a little rough.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Yes!! Your hair is fab! I can't wait until my hair gets thicker. Having kids changed my hair soooo much. I went from thick and coarse to fine and thin :(

Thanks! My mum said the same thing, said kids changed her hair, but it's still SUPER thick, even though she's been getting relaxers since BEFORE I was born (over 25 years ago LOL)...

Thanks @itsjusthair88 ! Nope those relaxed ends are long gone . Beautiful hair :love::love::love:

Oh wow, thank you! I hope you figure out the breakage issue

Mjon912

Hey ladies, I would like to join since I messed my hair up last year. :cry3: I transitioned to natural/was relaxer free for a little over 3 years, decided to texlax again but my ends were damaged from using heat as a natural and dye then using the relaxer. Was going to cut slowly and just baby them and looked in the mirror 1 day and cut inches off :eek:. That was nov 2015. Jan 2016 I decided to get serious about my hair after I did another impulsive cut while my hair was in twists so basically my hair is now at SL except it's not even. My left side is barely touching my shoulder while my right side is maybe collar bone length.
Starting length: Shoulder Length

Goal month:
Bsl Dec 2016

Inches from Bsl/Mbl
:6-9

Regimen:
wash and set every weekend, prepoo, flat iron roots when necessary, texlax every 10-13 weeks, wear hair up in loose buns and ponys. Currently taking Biotin, doing scalp massages with hair oils, using MN (3months on, 1 month off)

Starting pic:
coming after relaxer update next week before valentines day

Hi Ladies! I'm a late joiner.

Starting length: 13-14 inches
Goal month: December
Inches from Bsl/Mbl: 4 to MBL (17 inches)
Regimen: I'm wearing twists and braids as my protective styles all year. I wash, condition and moisturize with SheaMoisture products.
Starting pic: See above.

I measure from the front because trying to take a photo from behind was getting tedious :) I have conservative goals and can't wait to reach them!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did my 4th inversion earlier today without oil. Then I put mn on my right side, moisturized my ends with Nectar Thermique and rolled my hair with flexirods.

I might go back to wigging it for the next few weeks. Every time I look at my hair I want to trim it again :(

I did my 4th inversion earlier today without oil. Then I put mn on my right side, moisturized my ends with Nectar Thermique and rolled my hair with flexirods.

I might go back to wigging it for the next few weeks. Every time I look at my hair I want to trim it again :(

How long have you been doing the inversion method?

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Hey all! I was working from home today, so I decided to take the plunge and try Aphogee 2-step. I tried it once many years ago, but like many I didn't fully follow the instructions and ended up with my feelings hurt lol

Here's what I did:

• I shampoo'd with Design Essential Henna and Protein (my fave)
  • I got the Aphogee ready, put it in a spray bottle; sprayed my hair with water to make to make sure it was very wet and then the Aphogee, and then combed through
  • Put my hair in 4 large twists and pinned them up, so it could dry with no manipulation
  • Sat under my soft bonnet dryer for about 20 minutes
  • Rinsed well, used the balancing conditioner and then DC'd with some Neutrogena triple moisture I had left over, with EVOO and honey
  • Sat under the dryer again for maybe 20 minutes
  • Rinsed and then did one MORE rinse with Jason's Aloe Vera conditioner
  • Sealed with coconut oil and moisturized
  • I'm now air-drying in 2 twisted pigtails

Unfortunately, I still feel like I see little broken hairs. Even when I was natural, I had little broken hairs, and I know my strands are fine, so I think it's just too much manipulation that does it. My hair feels really great, the comb glided through it and I'm planning on trying to braid it flat enough to wear this really nice wig I got.

I know it was long and I do NOT plan on doing all that every week, maybe every 6 weeks lol

beauti

Had a great wash day.
Prepooed overnight with coconut oil,

Washed with shea moisture raw shea butter moisture shampoo on scalp,

Quick dc in shower with raw shea butter treatment masque and aussie 3min on length,

Cowashed with suave coconut conditioner

Oil rinsed with coconut oil
Moisturized with kinky curly knot today.

My curls were soo soft. I do a thorough wash like that maybe once every several months. My hair is happy. And I've been protective styling in two pigtail braids with added Marley hair.

Daina

Was going to get a trim today but my little one is sick so trim will have to wait till next week. I've been inverting so days 4 and 5 complete. Both of these last days with no oil or massage just inverting 5 minutes.

This morning I'm going to stick with the regimen I used last week which seemed to work as I'm trying to settle on one regimen and products when co-washing and 1 when I shampoo and do protein treatment. I'll come back later and post regimen got to get my pre-poo started while the baby is finally sleep.

trclemons

Yesterday was Shampoo Friday:

• Pre-poo'd during the day with my AVJ spritz & Honey's Handmade Knot Going Bananas.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus & Sage DC and went under my heat cap for 1.5 hours.
  • Shampoo'd my scalp with Coco Curls, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner, reconstructed with Ion, did an ACV rinse & rinsed out 80% of Darcy's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Soultanical's Mane Thick, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock & Treluxe Untie the Knot, O = Keravada Green Tea on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle Lavendar JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Aggie

Prepooing with a mixture of Matrix Biolage Hydrasouce Aloe Conditioning Balm, palm oil, and aloe juice.

Clarified with Elucence clarifying shampoo followed with Elucence moisture shampoo

Deep protein treating with Dudley's DRC 28 Hair Treatment

Deep Moisture treatment with Biolage Aqua-Immersion deep moisture mask and oil rinsing with palm oil.

Using Biolage Hydrasource daily leave-in and moisturizing my ends with Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer, sunflower oil and KCCC Knot Today blend. Then I'm done for today.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Just checking in - I'm under a synthetic lace front wig that looks EXACTLY like my straight hair and it's my ideal length: grazing HL, with WL front. Seeing it on my head makes me feel like I MAY make it there one day. I also treated myself to way too many hair products today at Target, I got:

-Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea leave-in conditioner
-Shea Moisture Manuka oil hydration masque
-Aphogee keratin & green tea restructurizer (this is a re-purchase)
-Camille Rose Coconut Water deep penetrating treatment
-Eden Bodyworks coconut and Shea curl defining creme

I'm looking for my holy grail moisturizing DC and styler. I already love the Aphogee spray for light protein throughout the week.

I'm currently in 6 Celie braids under my wig with a little bit of leave-out, hoping I can keep up this wig routine through the end of March.

Caramel74

I only trimmed around 1/4 inch maybe a touch more off my ends. I did my curly stretched style and I feel like I notice the difference, like my hair looks shorter because it's fuller. I feel crazy, lol I know in like two weeks I'll feel different because with other cuts where there was a lot more taken off, I felt better in two weeks. Maybe between it being winter and my hair not growing that much and just being obsessed with it idk. I'm glad we take pictures to look back on for reassurance. I'm hoping to wait 4 months for the next microtrim. I don't really like doing it every two months because it's only an inch of growth. Looking at the ruler, it's not much. BSL seems like it's forever away. But if it keeps growing thick and healthy like this that's a really good thing.

ClassyJSP

Ended up buy three new wigs...Goldie, Lena and Shasha. These three should last me until april/mayish.

I'm back in my beehive underneath my wigs and I'll be washing/conditioning or co washing more often. I also brought more green magic while it was on sale so I'll be applying that more often to my scalp.

I don't plan on having my hair out until June for my bf daughters graduation.