2016 Ceramides Challenge

Daina

I don't believe I joined this challenge but for the last 6 weeks I've incorporated ceramides into my hair regimen and it has been great! My hair and skin love, love, love grapeseed oil!!! I use it in my DC'S and sometimes even add it to my regular conditioners as well. I've been using it to help seal my ends also. The next on my list to try is WGO, going to start using this when I prepoo.

GGsKin

I've got some safflower oil to try but I am currently using grapeseed oil (my hair loves this) and wheatgerm oil on my ends (was using sunflower).

NaturallyATLPCH

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, I know we are all using ceramides faithfully.

I've been using APB's Hair Cream which contains Hempseed oil, and her Cupuacu Hair Lotion which contains Sunflower oil. Those are my favorite oils, along with good old olive oil.

Aggie

I oil rinsed this morning with a mixture of AVJ and WGO. It was okay but definitely not my favorite. I will use this up but I probably won't repurchase it. It didn't offer the slip my hair needs.

NaturallyATLPCH

Happy Ceramide Using ladies!

I've been using APB Mango Daily Spritz which has Sunflower Oil in it.
I will also be prepooing/dcing with APB oils which will have sunflower and grape seed oils.

Aggie

I sealed my water drenched hair with my ceramide oil combo this morning and wearing my hair in a bun for today. I need a tiny break from my wigs for today and maybe tomorrow, not sure yet.

Aggie

I cowashed my hair this morning with Aussie Moist Conditioner before heading out to church.

After church I moisturized my hair with Oyin Hair Dew sealed with a combination of ceramide butters and oils, massaged some hairdrenalin potion on my scalp and inverted for 5 minutes. Now my hair is nice and super soft.

Aggie

I oil rinsed this morning with a mixture of AVJ and WGO. It was okay but definitely not my favorite. I will use this up but I probably won't repurchase it. It didn't offer the slip my hair needs.

I just learned that Wheat Germ Oil has SPF20 in it, but so does Carrot Oil which has SPF40 and Rasberry Seed il has SPF50. I don't have the latter two but I do have WGO so I'll use it on my crown area to protect it from the harsh effects of the sun beaming down on it while I'm outdoors:yep:.

Aggie

Used wheat gern oil in my oil rinse today and I have hemp seed oil in my CRN butter that I will be using to seal my hair with today.

Aggie

I used some Hemp Seed oil this morning as my prepoo. I think I like this oil but I don't love it so I don't think I will be repurchasing it when it's all gone. I like safflower and sunflower oils way more.

Daina

Used WGO mixed with my DC today and after moisturizing I sealed with grapeseed and almond oil mix. Don't love the smell of wheat germ oil but it is really good for my ends.

Smiley79

Im joining this challenge next year. Can't believe I just learned about Ceramides. @NaturallyATLPCH

Do ceramide conditioners count as a protein treatment? Example, I purchased L'oral Ceramide Damage Erase balm. I love it but I'm wondering if I should do a mid week moisture DC to balance it out.

Im going to give Safflower oil a try as my sealant oil.

Last edited: