2016 Christian Random Thoughts

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
[Some will say that it's retribution. But this cyclical violence. Ottomans, Saracens were peace-loving? Crusaders was just a holy war? You pick up arms, you're murdering, period. Cyclical violence and blame game. SMH]
__________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-notre-dame-cathedral-in-paris-a7229706.html

Terror plot fears after gas cylinders found in car parked near Notre Dame cathedral in Paris
Police arrest man and woman ‘known to security services’

The country has been in a continuing state of emergency that started after Isis’ Paris attacks in November AFP/Getty Images
An abandoned car containing gas cylinders has been found near Notre Dame cathedral, sparking an investigation into a possible new terror plot in Paris.

Police arrested two men after making the discovery on Saturday night, with officials saying the car had no registration plates.

Officers found six gas cylinders and well as a book with Arabic writing, according to local reports.

Read more
“The car had no one in it, as if it were abandoned,” a source told Le Figaro newspaper, adding that the cylinders “were not connected to any kind of detonator”.

Gas cylinders can be used in attempts to make car bombs, such as those discovered and disabled in London in 2007.

The vehicle was cordoned off in Rue du Petit-Pont early on Sunday morning, in Paris’ fifth arrondissement.

Counter-terror police have opened an investigation and have arrested two suspects, a 34-year-old man and 29-year-old woman believed to be a couple.

Terrorism in 2016: Terror attacks in Europe claimed by Isis
BFMTV reported that they were “known to security services” but it was unclear whether the couple were on France’s “Fiche S” list of terror suspects.

The country remains under a continuing state of emergency that started after Isis’ Paris attacks in November, and has been extended in the wake of a series of other massacres.

Supporters of the so-called Islamic State were also behind the Nice attack, that killed more than 80 people, murder of a Catholic priest and attacks on police.

kanozas

Let's talk real truth: Some churches and Pastors, Deacons, and Preists are deathly afraid of loosing their religious tax exempt status if they actually start preaching against the politicians or any public figure. I mean serioisly Trump is just a self proclaimed billionaire, he can't even prove that. He has no power or direct power over any church or pastor he's not the governor or or a senator and even if he was they should and would be able to speak the truth on anybody period.
All of our religious no matter the rank are supposed to be leaders, should speak out against all injustice and keep speaking out that's part of their job to let us know whats up so we don't fall for the cons.

That's what the pulpit is for to speak the TRUTH, not to hide behind. I'm glad the Pope publically called him out on the carpet.

So the real question is why are they bowing to the altar of Trump?

GURL, ya boy out here on CNN talking about the Johnson Amendment and how churches need to be given the right to speak out without losing their tax exempt status. Yeah, but ain't nobody studdin' his nazi self! LOL. Ya boy, Trump is trying to sell his latest snake oil!

Lucia

GURL, ya boy out here on CNN talking about the Johnson Amendment and how churches need to be given the right to speak out without losing their tax exempt status. Yeah, but ain't nobody studdin' his nazi self! LOL. Ya boy, Trump is trying to sell his latest snake oil!

Did he try and quote two Corinthians or the book of Thomas :lol:

Lucia

So I've decided on a set up pretty similar to this, I found a slimline New Testament psalms and proverbs bible and a chic sparrow I like on sale, small pocket prayer books and inserts. I'm good to go.

Last edited:

Lucia

LOL. No, but he did say, when talking about Christians, "YOU are great people." He didn't include himself.
So he basically told on himself, I guess the Pope might of had a point when he said Trump is not a Chrsitian.

Last edited:

kanozas

I'm sorry, Louis Farrakhan's "sermon" was on-point. Now, I peeped his reference with Israel and people do blame Israel for everything...but it's everything else he had to say about Obama's so-called "legacy." Goodness.

Last edited:

kanozas

Since when did the bible indicate that magic and its practices are kosher? Witchcraft and its cousins are forbidden. There is so much misunderstanding.

mz.rae

I feel like I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. This year has definitely been trying for me. I didn't really want to be bothered with people, church, or anything at all. And just felt like something was over me that just wouldn't let me live! There were times when I would go to the store and literally have to keep from crying. Now I feel like I'm at a point where I'm starting to open back up to people, ready to get involved in church again, and just enjoy life! Leave the past behind and keep moving.

Yesterday's sermon at church was about the power of our words and when we read the text Proverbs 18:20-21 from the Message Bible it really hit close to home:
"Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest. Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:20-21‬ ‭MSG‬‬

It reminded me that I need to be mindful of the words I speak in the situations I am in be it my relationship, at work, school, and things I want to do in life. I pray and decide to speak positive and Godly words over life situations. I refuse to go back down that dark hole I was in again!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
God still speaks

A young man had been to Wednesday night Bible Study. The Pastor had shared about listening to God and obeying the Lord's voice. The young man couldn't help but wonder, "Does God still speak to people?"

After service he went out with some friends for coffee and pie and they discussed the message. Several different ones talked about how God had led them in different ways. It was about ten o'clock when the young man started driving home. Sitting in his car, he just began to pray, "God.. If you still speak to people speak to me. I will listen. I will do my best to obey." As he drove down the main street of his town, he had the strangest thought, stop and buy a gallon of milk. He shook his head and said out loud, "God is that you?" He didn't get a reply and started on toward home. But again, the thought, buy a gallon of milk. The young man thought about Samuel and how he didn't recognize the voice of God, and how little Samuel ran to Eli. "Okay, God, in case that is you, I will buy the milk." It didn't seem like too hard a test of obedience. He could always use the milk. He stopped and purchased the gallon of milk and started off toward home.

As he passed Seventh street, he again felt the urge, "Turn down that street." This is crazy he thought and drove on pass the intersection. Again, he felt that he should turn down seventh street. At the next intersection, he turned back and headed down Seventh. Half jokingly, he said out loud, "Okay, God, I will."

He drove several blocks, when suddenly, he felt like he should stop. He pulled over to the curb and looked around. He was in semi-commercial area of town. It wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst of neighborhoods either. The businesses were closed and most of the houses looked dark like the people were already in bed. Again, he sensed something, "Go and give the milk to the people in the house across the street." The young man looked at the house. It was dark and it looked like the people were either gone or they were already asleep. He started to open the door and then sat back in the car seat. "Lord, this is insane. Those people are asleep and if I wake them up, they are going to be mad and I will look stupid." Again, he felt like he should go and give the milk. Finally, he opened the door, "Okay God, if this is you, I will go to the door and I will give them the milk. If you want me to look like a crazy person, okay. I want to be obedient. I guess that will count for something but if they don't answer right away, I am out of here."

He walked across the street and rang the bell. He could hear some noise inside. A man's voice yelled out, "Who is it? What do you want?" Then the door opened before the young man could get away. The man was standing there in his jeans and T-shirt. He looked like he just got out of bed. He had a strange look on his face and he didn't seem to happy to have some stranger standing on his doorstep. "What is it?" The young man thrust out the gallon of milk, "Here, I brought this to you."

The man took the milk and rushed down a hall way speaking loudly in Spanish. Then from down the hall came a woman carrying the milk toward the kitchen. The man was following her holding a baby. The baby was crying. The man had tears streaming down his face. The man began speaking and half crying, "We were just praying. We had some big bills this month and we ran out of money. We didn't have any milk for our baby. I was just praying and asking God to show me how to get some milk." His wife in the kitchen yelled out, "I ask him to send an Angel with some.. Are you an Angel?"

The young man reached into his wallet and pulled out all the money he had on him and put in the man's hand. He turned and walked back toward his car and the tears were streaming down his face. He knew that God still answers prayers.

Author unknown

LiftedUp

Good morning!

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold , God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid : for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."

Laela

Please remember Shawn Carney and the 40 Days for Life mission. Not actively involved this time, but would like to keep this group of Believers in prayer.

Belle Du Jour

I am praying for guidance this election. I definitely won't be voting for Clinton as I believe the church would be heavily persecuted under Hilary. But I can't see myself voting for Trump. :nono: I can't justify not voting either.

http://www.churchmilitant.com/video/episode/vortex-hillary-wants-to-outlaw-the-church

After this latest Trump fiasco, this election got more ridiculous. I think if Hilary wins then we get what we deserve. It might be time for America's reckoning. I will not be voting for either candidate.

kanozas

I'm sorry but when has this "country" ever been righteous? It began with genocide and the Church largely ignored it throughout. SMH. I think that, until we address our wrongs, we will never arrive where we should. It's funny how christiandom always talks about returning to justice and morality. I always wonder why they could never see that all humans are....human... for that to have never happened under the guise of the "United States" ...on these shores. It's obvious to me that there is a christianity for White men and one for everybody else in the "junk box."

Pence...I don't give a rats behind if he proclaims christianity. Fact is, he promoted a genocidal Trump. Pro-life is for conception throughout until natural death. None of these candidates are truly pro-life.

Lucia

That independent candidate doesn't even know what's going on in the world much less the domestic issues. He's a joke always looking and sounding baked off some herb.

Laela

Yes, he's a bit off and scary, not having heard of Aleppo lol. Make no mistake about my psa as encouragment to vote for him, besides he's on the ballot. My vote is for Gregg Popovich :lol:

That independent candidate doesn't even know what's going on in the world much less the domestic issues. He's a joke always looking and sounding baked off some herb.

kanozas

I honestly cannot comprehend this push to get Assad out. All these "christians" running around Capitol Hill talking about Syrians this/that. Do they even consider that Putin and Asaad promote christianity? I didn't say they were "holy" nor even Christian :giggle: but, under Asaad, at least Christians have been protected. Imagine if they fall to some stupid fundamentalist backwood burqa-enforcing machine. SMH. Christians have suffered in Palestine under Muslims and all over the M.E....and their brothers outside ignored them largely. Shame on us all!

Last edited:

Lucia

Twin flame / Soul mate concept debunked – New Age Deception
5 years ago
Here is a snippet I found on a website discussing the twin flame concept.
“If I were to describe quickly what I think TF’s are, I would say to imagine Yin & Yang. Our twin and ourselves have our own separate identities – formed by life experiences, etc. – yet we really are one; like two sides to the same coin. During – rare? – incarnations together, oftentimes something will invariably keep you apart. I also believe – for most of us anyway – that our twins are watching over us from The Other Side.
Now, is any of this really true? That’s up to you to decide for yourself. Follow your instincts and inner voice, not anyone else’s.”

What’s interesting about this statement is in order for it to make sense the author has no other choice than to bundle several new age concepts together to make sense out of this. The twin flame concept is not new, it has other labels such as ‘soul mates’ which pertains to the belief that somewhere in the world (or spiritual realm) is a perfect person, a perfect partner, a perfect match of each and everyone of us. It cannot be proven of course and therefore the author asks you to ‘follow’ your instincts and ‘inner voice’ and avoid other peoples opinions (who disagree). This is a demonstration of selective thinking which is the process whereby one selects only favorable evidence for remembrance and focus, while ignoring unfavorable evidence for a belief. It is also the basis for many, if not most, occult and pseudoscientific beliefs. Following your instincts is not an accurate statement since you only respond to instinct. Just to clarify, instincts are learned behaviors that keep us alive. A child may put their hand in a flame once, maybe twice but after that they will never need to consciously think about doing it again. Coming close to a flame, they will surely retreat. Following your inner voice is no different from following instructions from a spiritual entity, which is exactly what it is. As usual, I ask you, who is this entity, where is it from, what does it want, how can you prove it is who it says it is?

Ok, so I’m digressing but you get my point, in order to try to explain this far fetched concept you need a number of new age based assumptions. The Yin and Yang symbol represent duality in the same way that magic powers can be used for both good and evil, in that both good and evil need to co-exist. What the author misunderstands is in order to find a perfect match using the yin and yang model is ultimately, one partner much be perfectly good and the other perfect evil in order to find that balance. So why the author gets on to reincarnation and Karma I am at the least surprised and here lies the greatest deception. I can rationalize this by asking you the think of a friend or someone you once knew who lived a life without a perfect partner. This alone would prove that the twin flame concept is fake, however, if you introduce the karmic aspect then you have a reason why his/her relationship was not perfect. Karma is nothing of course without its counterpart, reincarnation since without this addition the whole twin flame concept falls on its back, it become unreliable.

Source
https://www.google.com/amp/s/newage...soul-mate-concept-bebunked/amp/?client=safari

Lucia

The faith question comes up at 9:37
Now Larrys really smart because after she talks of her conversion or accepting the Buddhist doctrine, he asks Tina a key question
Whom are you chanting too? Is it to God?
And she doesn't try and dance around the question or deflect much or twist it around by saying we all believe in the same God. She answers you chant to yourself.
Now I want to really stress that part because she does talk about finding peace but nowhere in Buddhist doctrine do they acknowledge Jesus, no prophecies of his coming later etc. and Jesus said the only way to the Father is through me.
If you're not paying real attention to what she's saying you'll miss it.

Any thoughts?
http://www.buddhanet.net/ans73.htm

Lucia

I'm sorry but when has this "country" ever been righteous? It began with genocide and the Church largely ignored it throughout. SMH. I think that, until we address our wrongs, we will never arrive where we should. It's funny how christiandom always talks about returning to justice and morality. I always wonder why they could never see that all humans are....human... for that to have never happened under the guise of the "United States" ...on these shores. It's obvious to me that there is a christianity for White men and one for everybody else in the "junk box."

Pence...I don't give a rats behind if he proclaims christianity. Fact is, he promoted a genocidal Trump. Pro-life is for conception throughout until natural death. None of these candidates are truly pro-life.

Good point Trump was and still is the biggest liberal out there. Can someone explain to me how you can be fiscally conservative but morally liberal ?
Oh I saw a talk on YT by author of the book Americas original sin racism good stuff.

Since when did the bible indicate that magic and its practices are kosher? Witchcraft and its cousins are forbidden. There is so much misunderstanding.

Yes people are once again on that relative morality. They don't really know what Gods word is and think that if there a "good person" by their own standards it's all good. They believe White magic is OK cause it's not hurting anyone just some slight manipulation of energies or forces to get what they want. Truth is magic is magic black or white it's all the same and from the same source ie. the great deceiver that old snake the devil and it's condemned in the Bible along with fortune telling, seers (now call clairvoyants) rebellion (now called a teenaged phase) etc...
There are actual Chrsitian witches out there mixing and fusing Christianity with Wicca.

Side note: that's one good reason besides molestarion etc not to let your kids sleep over other kids houses you don't know well who knows what they're getting up to.

But it doesn't matter what they think of themselves or anyone else what matters is what God thinks and what He said.
Leviticus 19:26
http://biblereasons.com/witchcraft/

Last edited:

beingofserenity

The faith question comes up at 9:37
Now Larrys really smart because after she talks of her conversion or accepting the Buddhist doctrine, he asks Tina a key question
Whom are you chanting too? Is it to God?
And she doesn't try and dance around the question or deflect much or twist it around by saying we all believe in the same God. She answers you chant to yourself.
Now I want to really stress that part because she does talk about finding peace but nowhere in Buddhist doctrine do they acknowledge Jesus, no prophecies of his coming later etc. and Jesus said the only way to the Father is through me.
If you're not paying real attention to what she's saying you'll miss it.

Any thoughts?
http://www.buddhanet.net/ans73.htm

I can see why it would be an attractive belief system to some people. I never really got into it when I was exploring religions because of the no God factor and the language barrier. The chants are in sanskrit I think? So, in the back of my mind I would think to myself how I never really knew what I was actually saying or who I was saying it to. I also think that religions like Buddhism and Hinduism are overly complicated and too intellectual to resonate with me. Culturally, it was too foreign for me to ever become serious about it. But it isn't any surprise to me why another would be drawn to Buddhism. No God, no sin, no real consequence for the way that you live now, no devil, no hell, no need for anyone else to save you.

I used to love this Hindu idea that "all paths lead to the same God." I now believe that Hinduism is satanic. I believe that Satan created all of these alternative routes to God, something for everyone to relate to, in order to deceive. I couldn't really give you an exact reason for why I woke up to this. This is why we should have sympathy and reach out to people who don't see the deception.

I now understand how the Bible warns us about the seductive deception of Satan.

…3but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" 4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die! 5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."…

New age/satanism/Buddhism tells us that we can be like gods and/or that we are god. When I came back to this verse in Genesis, I was blown away.

From Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

If I was someone who liked tattoos, I would tattoo the above onto my body, so that I never forget it.

beingofserenity

I really do believe that all of these alternative religions and beliefs open you up to demonic possession. And that the leaders of such religions are probably demonically possessed. When I was doing my new age/meditation/chanting, I experienced all sorts of stuff. Most importantly, I never felt safe. The only time I've ever felt safe or taken care of is by clinging to Christ. When I got really, really creeped out I would play gospel music. I was drawn to psychic readings, tarot cards, astrology. I read a book by so called ex satanist John Ramirez, he said that participating in just one tarot card reading is how they get you. It's also how he was pulled into Santeria/Satanism.

kanozas

Good point Trump was and still is the biggest liberal out there. Can someone explain to me how you can be fiscally conservative but morally liberal ?
Oh I saw a talk on YT by author of the book Americas original sin racism good stuff.

Yes people are once again on that relative morality. They don't really know what Gods word is and think that if there a "good person" by their own standards it's all good. They believe White magic is OK cause it's not hurting anyone just some slight manipulation of energies or forces to get what they want. Truth is magic is magic black or white it's all the same and from the same source ie. the great deceiver that old snake the devil and it's condemned in the Bible along with fortune telling, seers (now call clairvoyants) rebellion (now called a teenaged phase) etc...
There are actual Chrsitian witches out there mixing and fusing Christianity with Wicca.

Side note: that's one good reason besides molestarion etc not to let your kids sleep over other kids houses you don't know well who knows what they're getting up to.

But it doesn't matter what they think of themselves or anyone else what matters is what God thinks and what He said.
Leviticus 19:26
http://biblereasons.com/witchcraft/

This I can certainly believe. It think some christians try and manipulate the hand of G-d, thinking they are rebuking, straightening out, cursing the lives of, praying favorably for G-d's will concerning people (particularly, ones they just personally don't like) when it's their own personal will, not G-d's. We don't know more than G-d. I think it's very close to witchcraft to try and manipulate other people to one's own "moral" vision.

Lucia

I can see why it would be an attractive belief system to some people. I never really got into it when I was exploring religions because of the no God factor and the language barrier. The chants are in sanskrit I think? So, in the back of my mind I would think to myself how I never really knew what I was actually saying or who I was saying it to. I also think that religions like Buddhism and Hinduism are overly complicated and too intellectual to resonate with me. Culturally, it was too foreign for me to ever become serious about it. But it isn't any surprise to me why another would be drawn to Buddhism. No God, no sin, no real consequence for the way that you live now, no devil, no hell, no need for anyone else to save you.

I used to love this Hindu idea that "all paths lead to the same God." I now believe that Hinduism is satanic. I believe that Satan created all of these alternative routes to God, something for everyone to relate to, in order to deceive. I couldn't really give you an exact reason for why I woke up to this. This is why we should have sympathy and reach out to people who don't see the deception.

I now understand how the Bible warns us about the seductive deception of Satan.

…3but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" 4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die! 5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."…

New age/satanism/Buddhism tells us that we can be like gods and/or that we are god. When I came back to this verse in Genesis, I was blown away.

From Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

If I was someone who liked tattoos, I would tattoo the above onto my body, so that I never forget it.

Iron sharpens iron Im glad you posted a response like this we need to be viligent and hold each other accountable and let those know who don't know so they have a chance.
Wow you said a lot and I totally understand you getting that clarity on how these are doctrines of demons meant to pull us away from the one True God. Yoga reiki tai chi all those eastern mystery esoteric school practices are to manipulate and or control demonic energies and forces to the practiners own will. Yoga means union or to unite it is especially dangerous because it's actually calling up demons to take possession of ones body and mind.

There aren't many ways to the one true God just 1 and He told us who and how. I think it's a Holy Spirit when that happens.

The enemies goal is not necessarily to make everyone satanist but to have people in the anything but God limbo: by keeping us in pattens of being spiritual in practices that have nothing to do with Jesus, or the one true God, or being completely materialistic and worshipping the "almighty dollar" and or all the unecessary stuff we can buy with it.

Now money is needednithkng wrong with making more money honestly or getting a promotion at work and we do need certain things to live also it's not a sin to splurge and get some nice things for yourself and family and friends if you can afford it and we are not sinning or committing crimes to get that paper. The most important is not to worship these things above God and treating or fellow man with love and respect.

FYI tattoos are a no go in the Bible as well Leviticus 19:28 no markings or cuttings for the dead... People of course have the new age reasoning to make it OK like it's not a tattoo of this or that but the word said NO, and most of the people I see who get tarts it's for a friend or loved one who's now deceased or some symbol how do they know when they get a tattoo of some symbol what it truly means besides your body is the temple of God.

1 Cor 6:19
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
I saw a YT video about a women's who went through yoga and her testimony. Also look up kundalini symptoms or awakenings.

Last edited: