2016 Christian Random Thoughts

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm not raging mad that Trump won... disappointed but not angry - because I believe he will do as much for black folk as Obama did for black folk: Nada.
I don't get the protesting, either, it's un-American. As much as I believe Trump to be a racist bigot, he was elected by the people who voted for him. Was the election rigged? I won't give much thought to that because there's always the bigger picture that only God Himself can see. I don't plan to move out the country..this is my home. I do think this time will test a lot of Christians. As Christ followers we are always protected by the Most High so there is no need to feed fear but continue to have faith, even under a Trump presidency.
:wave: Hi @Laela :grouphug2: to you and Hubby.

I am... "UN-Trumped" :woot:

I agree with you (bolded) I also, am not fearful nor bothered by the events of this election.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm not scared anymore. This is a very exciting time in history. It feels like something big is happening. The start of a new era, perhaps.

I read somewhere that it is better for Trump to have win because there are certain forces behind Hillary that would have used her as a puppet. Those same forces are not around Trump.

Maybe God really is doing something. It can't be a coincidence that I've suddenly heard his call in a major way and now all this is happening.

As long as you have Jesus...you need never be afraid. Jesus told us...When you see these things... See to it, that you are not troubled; look up, for your salvation (Jesus) is nigh. Child of God ... God. . . Himself, is right by your side.

Romans 8 ... "What shall we say of these things? If God is for you , who can be against you. With God on your side, you cannot be denied." For in all these things, we have been made more than Conquerors through Jesus Christ Our Lord. " Amen and AMEN!

Shimmie

Staff member
The people wanted a king so God gave them a king (1 Samuel 8, 9).

I think that we are headed for the end of ages and the hands on the countdown clock have started to move. My pastor says that God's judgement will start with the churches and I believe that He has been doing just that in recent years. It's becoming more and more clear to me that certain events predicted in the Bible are coming to pass. Trump has not been selected to make America great again ( God raises leaders up and causes them to fall) but to usher in events that will fulfill Bible prophecy.

I have started to pray that God will protect and prosper His people during this time.
:up: Excellent Word... :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Don't trust in the "saintliness" of Republicans either. They had many years to repeal Roe vs. Wade and what did they ever do while in power? Only marginal statements uttered to make us think they are fighting the good fight - just enough to make people think that they elected "Christianity." It's not about religion, it's about MONEY. They will not repeal it, not even this time (or I'll eat my hat) because they want votes and many people cross party lines in elections, presidential, state and local. I've uttered it ad nauseum but the true "pro-life" person understands ALL stages of human life as important. All you ever hear from Republicans is how to cut back on social programs. Ok, you've saved the baby, but curse his blackness now that he's born because he's on the dole? Warmongering mindsets? Those are people being killed in war. Supporting an open racist? That is not christianity and that is not pro-life. You cannot have it both ways.

I personally sense that Trump might not set foot in office and that something horrible might happen.
I highly doubt that anyone is / has called the Republicans saints.... ESPECIALLY not up in here! :nono: I know that for a fact. And I know I haven't.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
I highly doubt that anyone is / has called the Republicans saints.... ESPECIALLY not up in here! :nono: I know that for a fact. And I know I haven't.

That was a disclaimer....but in the Christian world...smh. They are WORSHIPPING them! I'm asking that question #388 around the place...no bites yet anywhere. I truly want to know. Going to ask it of my pastor and others. But at this moment, I'm very definitely HEBREW catholic....heavy on the Hebrew and we ain't gonna sit around for the slaughter. We fight. Always have.

Last edited:

kanozas

@Shimmie
There was a debate recently where Hillary not only basically said abortion is ok, she gave a full-throated (practically screaming) support for a woman's right to choose.
Now the laws are on the books it is legal to get an abortion in the US at this time, and as Prez she would have to balance those who view it as a sin and those who don't believe it's a sin and want to be able have that choice available to them, that's a civic issue. I understand it's hard to walk that one back but but I was really disturbed at how gung ho she was going on about it.

And she's a self proclaimed Christian so how can she be so staunchly pro-choice ?
It may sound like I'm judging but we all have the right, no the duty to call out our Christian brothers and sisters on their hypocrisy.

We must judge to discern and call people out on their stuff I'm so tired of hearing don't judge me. It's like the get out of stupid card.

Ex: YOLO: Oh I'm going to stomp my bare foot on a rusty nail

Sane person: Hey don't do that you'll get an infection or gangrene and your foot will fall off.

YOLO: why you judging me?

SP: really I'm just telling you what you're doing is wrong and it's going to be bad for you.

YOLO: I'm going to do me, you do you. I'm going to step on this nail nobody's telling me what to do Hmpf!

Ok I'm exaggerating sadly only a little bit but you get the idea.

I think her answer is basically in line with Kaine's and he's Catholic. I don't think they would personally recommend nor have an abortion but are viewing this from the secular point of government. Still, what made the Republicans hold back on this? They can repeal it...but then why don't they do it? Both have LIED to their constituents...bold-faced lied. They talk the talk and do very little about it. I do not like the system here...it's never been fair nor g-dly, imo. NEVER.

kanozas

So, it's official, on Jake Tapper this morning, they are calling this..."New World Order" lol. Guess who was front and center to "calm" down people of color? None other than your favorite New Age "Methodist," "everything is right" guru, Oprah Winfrey (via a pre-recorded interview).

delitefulmane

So, it's official, on Jake Tapper this morning, they are calling this..."New World Order" lol. Guess who was front and center to "calm" down people of color? None other than your favorite New Age "Methodist," "everything is right" guru, Oprah Winfrey (via a pre-recorded interview).
This is how I see Oprah :angeldevil:.
The only thing she can do for me is to marry that man and stop playing house. :lol:

kanozas

@kanozas
Yeah and some people were gong on and on about Obama ushering
it ^^ in.

It's very scary to me how many "devout" christians got embroiled in this mess. It's one thing to be mindful that we are working towards heaven and should not be moved but there's also social responsibility. We have too much of a limited world view with us as central. Well, we are very much"central" but that makes our responsibility much higher.

I am curious about Trump's statement on "if and when ISIS will attack the Vatican...". Punk. Pope Francis knows his days may be limited. It could be them or even Russia under an Orthodox Putin because he has been pushing back against the RCC for some time now. If so, then that would have been, G-d forbid, yet another display of "devout" Christianity.

The GOP and Whites who think the should have a controlled and White-dominated country are a huge part of the deceived. I think this is more of the Great Fallimg Away. It's probably not going to be like a movie with Damien etc. as character but much more subtle and sly. Look at how Hitler gained power and all the resulting fascists, even after the end of WWII. Smh. I believe it's largely linked to racism.

Last edited:

kanozas

@Lucia. Shoot, the gay issue is rather minor considering the potential for genocide as the world has never seen. By this, Imean that racism is a particularly deadly sin. Everyone not "normal" would fall under it with wide margins of inclusion....races,disabled,infirmedany aberrations including philosophical

And do u note how we're being lulled to sleep and/or censored by pres.elect? We're lying down like lambs for the slaughter. The Maccabeans fought!

Last edited:

Lucia

@Lucia. Shoot, the gay issue is rather minor considering the potential for genocide as the world has never seen. By this, Imean that racism is a particularly deadly sin. Everyone not "normal" would fall under it with wide margins of inclusion....races,disabled,infirmedany aberrations including philosophical

And do u note how we're being lulled to sleep and/or censored by pres.elect? We're lying down like lambs for the slaughter. The Maccabeans fought!

I don't think the gay issue is any less relevant to the state of the world now actually it's very much a part of why this country and many other modern countries who have forgotten God and that their blessings came from God are going to have to deal with the effects and consequences of turning away from God.

You'll also notice that those who were Gods people were only victorious and justified when God told them it was time. When they disobeyed and then fought when God didn't give them his blessings or instruct them to, they suffered the consequences. People have to be still and listen to His instructions.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I don't think the gay issue is any less relevant to the state of the world now actually it's very much a part of why this country and many other modern countries who have forgotten God and that their blessings came from God are going to have to deal with the effects and consequences of turning away from God.

You'll also notice that those who were Gods people were only victorious and justified when God told them it was time. When they disobeyed and then fought when God didn't give them his blessings or instruct them to, they suffered the consequences. People have to be still and listen to His instructions.
:amen: AND :amen:

This is what I have been saying...this gay issue is central to the ills of the disorder in this world.

Thank you so much for speaking God's Truth.

kanozas

In terms of pending GENOCIDE. It's an equal opportunity oppressor. Immorality is everywhere, greed, avarice, racism, immoral acts...but separated out, the gay lifestyle probably isn't the thing that stinks most in the nostrils of G-d. When a country forgets about it's orphans and widows, oppresses the poor, that is surely asking for it. Besides, I don't think there are more gay people today, I think they have come out of the closet in a more "open" society. Neither judging nor accommodating them. But I am talking in terms of genocide and the hatred that drives it. Before it's too late, people need to awaken, which is my focus.

kanozas

Too many people sit around waiting for someone else or a miracle from heaven. That is not how MLK fought for rights, nor Vernon Johns et al. They were conscious of what was going on around them. I'm not advocating taking up arms lol. I'm saying, be conscious and aware.

Lucia

In terms of pending GENOCIDE. It's an equal opportunity oppressor. Immorality is everywhere, greed, avarice, racism, immoral acts...but separated out, the gay lifestyle probably isn't the thing that stinks most in the nostrils of G-d. When a country forgets about it's orphans and widows, oppresses the poor, that is surely asking for it. Besides, I don't think there are more gay people today, I think they have come out of the closet in a more "open" society. Neither judging nor accommodating them. But I am talking in terms of genocide and the hatred that drives it. Before it's too late, people need to awaken, which is my focus.

I agree there aren't "more" gays in the world, frankly in first world countries their just under 2% of the population or less depending on the country, but they've been very open and very vocal about getting their rights and wanting everyone to co-sign whatever they do and not only accept it but applaud them for their preference. Yes people need to be aware that things could and probably will get worse before they get better but I also don't want to start getting paranoid or worried over what "might" happen. We just have to watch and pray and be prepared. God will provide. Remember Jesus said over 100 times "do not be afraid" he also said be afraid of the one who can extinguish your body and soul, not one who can only extinguish the body (Matt 10:28) also recall these verses Isaiah 54:17, Deuteronomy 20:4, Ecc 3:1-8, Psalm 23.

Lucia

:amen: AND :amen:

This is what I have been saying...this gay issue is central to the ills of the disorder in this world.

Thank you so much for speaking God's Truth.

Yes Amen! As well as all the other sins that are running rampant in "modern" first world societies. That pastor^^ was ON POINT! We need to talk to our people about the shaking up, the relative morality, moleststion, domestic violence, murder, the back stabbing and gossiping, etc ad nauseum, we need to call out the bad and all the ugly behavior. I'm very aware a lot of people won't repent but if they hear the truth they can never say they didn't know, they just choose to ignore and love their sin more than God.

Last edited:

kanozas

@Lucia
I am proactive... I AM NOT AFRAID FOR MY SOUL! Not trying to make others fretful and didn't realize that this was the effect for some who read this info? Taking note, moving on.

Last edited:

beingofserenity

For now on, I am just going to assume that I know nothing. To prevent myself from becoming insensitive and dogmatic.

I like this:

This shows that there are not created words to express uncreated reality absolutely. The Eternal Divine Light and the Eternal Life are uncreated. They are the energy of God that is experienced by human beings as illuminating or burning energy, depending on their spiritual state.

"All human beings will see the glory of God, and from this point of view they have the same end. Everyone will certainly see the glory of God, the difference being that, whereas the saved will see the glory of God as sweetest light without evening, the damned will see the same glory of God as consuming fire, as fire that will burn them. It is a true and predictable fact that we shall all see the glory of God. Seeing God, that is to say, His glory and His Light, is something that will happen whether we want it or not. The experience of this Light, however, will be different for the two categories.

The work of the Church and the priests is not to help us to see this glory, because that will happen in any case. The work of the Church centers on how each one will see God. Not on whether he will see God. In other words, the task of the Church is to preach to people that the true God exists, that God is revealed either as light or as consuming fire, and that at the Second Coming of Christ all of us will see God. And it must prepare its members so that they see God not as fire but as light."

http://saintandrewgoc.org/home/2015/4/17/paradise-and-hell-according-to-the-orthodox-church

alex114

I have felt so close to the Lord recently. Just last night, I was begging Him that I might but see His face, and right now I feel like I'm floating on clouds, so I know He has come and embraced me. So thankful!

I've made an interesting observation/shift, over the course of the last few months. Being around so much anxiety, fear and panic in law school has made me very aware of how contagious and pervasive emotional and mental energies can be. I have never prayed for this before, but I believe I will start praying for the Lord to insulate me from the contagious emotional and mental energies of others, just like I normally ask that He would outfit me in a full suit of His divine armor against strongholds, principalities and other dark forces.

bellatiamarie

God has been revealing some things to me. Good intentions mean absolutely nothing. God is intentional. There is a purpose behind everything that He does and has done. Therefore, we need to move beyond "good intentions" and be intentional about aligning with God's will. "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." Having good intentions is not enough. We must be intentional about following God and doing His work.

mz.rae

I can honestly say I am glad that this year is coming to a close. I have experienced way too many loses this year, and feel like I have been taken off the path I was on. The final quarter of this year has me thinking about the why and reasoning behind why I am doing or have done the things I have done. And anything that I did because of other people, their beliefs, opinions, and things I did for the sake of appearances I am cutting out.

There was a point in the year when I had to ask myself why am I feeling so depressed? Why am I feeling so weighed down with burden like I'm being suffocated? Now I am in the process of asking and seeking God for direction and guidance. I'm asking God what church does He want me to be at? What relationships does He desire for me to have? What job does He want me to work at? And where does He want me to live? No more doing things for friends, significant others, and other people's opinions. It's time to do what God wants!

beingofserenity

We"re here. During this season, more time is spent with family, loved ones and Church.

I always check for prayer requests in the Prayer Request thread.

I'm making less trouble for the devil in the the other forums. :look: "Tis' the Season" ...

I see you in those threads, Shimmie :rofl:

On another note, today I had an awesome experience at a new Church that I've found. I officially joined and also officially became "saved." It feels good to have someone guiding me.