2016 Christian Random Thoughts

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I see you in those threads, Shimmie :rofl:

On another note, today I had an awesome experience at a new Church that I've found. I officially joined and also officially became "saved." It feels good to have someone guiding me.

I fear no evil... (Psalm 23) in those threads. :lol:

AND.. Congratulations to you, Angel for your new Church and most of all, your new relationship eith Jesus. You will never gi back. That's how wonderful God is...you want to stay and give Him glory.

Lucia

:wave: Hi @Laela :grouphug2: to you and Hubby.

I am... "UN-Trumped" :woot:

I agree with you (bolded) I also, am not fearful nor bothered by the events of this election.

:lol:
Have you heard that the Canadian Immigration/Citizenship website crashed ?
:rofl: you can't make this stuff up, people are looking to get off,the Titanic America before it sinks at the hands of Capitain Trump.

Shimmie

Staff member
:lol:
Have you heard that the Canadian Immigration/Citizenship website crashed ?
:rofl: you can't make this stuff up, people are looking to get off,the Titanic America before it sinks at the hands of Capitain Trump.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

beingofserenity

Burned Bible Page Found at Dollywood
A partially burned page from the Bible showing verses about fire was found at Dollywood during the 2016 fires in Sevier County, Tennessee.

Dan Evon
Updated: Nov 30, 2016

Report Advertisement
On 29 November 2016, a photograph purportedly showing a partially burned Bible page was widely circulated on social media along with the claim that it had been recovered at Dollywood (performer Dolly Parton's theme park and resort) shortly after wildfires tore through Tennessee's Sevier County:

While many readers expressed skepticism over these claims, the Knoxville News Sentinel verified the photograph, interviewing Isaac McCord, the Dollywood employee who found the page while cleaning up debris after the fire:

Gripping his rake, he revisited a spot in Craftsman Valley he had skimmed over after his co-worker, Misty Carver, quipped, "Is that how you clean your room?" Provoked, he said he had started "really getting in the nooks and crannies" under a park bench when he caught a glimpse of a piece of paper lying in a puddle of water — soggy, seared and torn in two.

McCord, a University of Tennessee alumnus who now works as a human resources training coordinator at Dollywood, said he had no idea what the paper would read, but considering the circumstances, he was curious enough to pick it up.

McCord initially posted a photograph of the Bible page to his Facebook page on 29 November 2016. After users expressed doubt about the image, he posted a second image of his find:

McCord also transcribed the contents of the Bible page:

I just found this while helping our House and Grounds team clean different areas of Dollywood Theme Park. It was under a bench soaking wet. Talk about goosebumps....

Joel 1:15
The day of the LORD is near, the day when destruction comes from the Almighty. How terrible that day will be!

Joel 1:19
To you, LORD, I call, for fire has devoured the pastures in the wilderness and flames have burned up all the trees of the field.

Joel 1:20
Even the beasts of the field pant for you because the water brooks are dried up, and fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

And at the bottom barely visible is:

Joel 2:1
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

#PrayForGatlinburg

While we can't speak to the contents of this Bible page, we can confirm that the claim — that a Dollywood employee found a burned Bible page during the 2016 Tennessee wildfires — is true.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/30/burned-bible-page-found-at-dollywood/

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Killing Turkeys is not food, it's violence. They held a mock funeral for turkeys at Whole Foods.

Apparently, abortion is nowhere on their radar cuz...well, just going to deposit this right here:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Killing Turkeys is not food, it's violence. They held a mock funeral for turkeys at Whole Foods.

Apparently, abortion is nowhere on their radar cuz...well, just going to deposit this right here:

Doesn't surprise me. Most so-called naturalists (the puedo ones) care more about animals than babies.

They will cry "save the wolves" "save the whales" and whatever creature...YET, they will abort a human baby and not blink once about it. No cries for human life. Democrats, Republicans, whatever creed, there's a killer of babies in every group.

Shimmie

Staff member

Burned Bible Page Found at Dollywood
A partially burned page from the Bible showing verses about fire was found at Dollywood during the 2016 fires in Sevier County, Tennessee.

Dan Evon
Updated: Nov 30, 2016

Report Advertisement
On 29 November 2016, a photograph purportedly showing a partially burned Bible page was widely circulated on social media along with the claim that it had been recovered at Dollywood (performer Dolly Parton's theme park and resort) shortly after wildfires tore through Tennessee's Sevier County:

While many readers expressed skepticism over these claims, the Knoxville News Sentinel verified the photograph, interviewing Isaac McCord, the Dollywood employee who found the page while cleaning up debris after the fire:

Gripping his rake, he revisited a spot in Craftsman Valley he had skimmed over after his co-worker, Misty Carver, quipped, "Is that how you clean your room?" Provoked, he said he had started "really getting in the nooks and crannies" under a park bench when he caught a glimpse of a piece of paper lying in a puddle of water — soggy, seared and torn in two.

McCord, a University of Tennessee alumnus who now works as a human resources training coordinator at Dollywood, said he had no idea what the paper would read, but considering the circumstances, he was curious enough to pick it up.

McCord initially posted a photograph of the Bible page to his Facebook page on 29 November 2016. After users expressed doubt about the image, he posted a second image of his find:

McCord also transcribed the contents of the Bible page:

I just found this while helping our House and Grounds team clean different areas of Dollywood Theme Park. It was under a bench soaking wet. Talk about goosebumps....

Joel 1:15
The day of the LORD is near, the day when destruction comes from the Almighty. How terrible that day will be!

Joel 1:19
To you, LORD, I call, for fire has devoured the pastures in the wilderness and flames have burned up all the trees of the field.

Joel 1:20
Even the beasts of the field pant for you because the water brooks are dried up, and fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

And at the bottom barely visible is:

Joel 2:1
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

#PrayForGatlinburg

While we can't speak to the contents of this Bible page, we can confirm that the claim — that a Dollywood employee found a burned Bible page during the 2016 Tennessee wildfires — is true.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/30/burned-bible-page-found-at-dollywood/
Thanks for sharing this article. It's very interesting.

I'm not comfortable with that smile on his face while holding the burned Bible page. And it's because of the tragedy of the fire.

mz.rae

I love the way God works! The moment I start to become too dependent on others, He has something happen to where I have to depend on no one but Him. And I started to go back to old ways wallowing in self pity and wondering if God is real because if so why is all of this happening to me. But then I remembered you can't pray for endurance and then cry when you get placed in situations that are going to create the ability to endure. I am now ready to go through this depending on God and God only.

kanozas

Rant:

People with something against Christianity conflate the religion with White racists and colonization/imperialism and all that is wrong with the world all the time. They have something awful to say, spittle in their mouths ready to spew. Middle-eastern Christians have ALWAYS been oppressed. So now that the majority of Aleppo is destroyed and Muslims are suffering alongside the very people for whom their oppression was largely IGNORED...now people want sympathy? Christians were being moved out, homes burned, bombed, people raped with altar crucifixes or asphyxiated with them, images destroyed, families burned, crucified, beheaded, drowned etc. Muslim neighbors didn't care much and it was their neighbors, the Christians, who were begging for humanitarian aid, for help and protection first. Christians...look at your oppression and call it what it is. All your "friends" of other faiths had NOTHING to say about this. They turned a blind eye. Now, they want you to be supportive because of the humanitarian crisis? Anything and everything just so that Jesus is not mentioned. Don't fall for the okey doke, they are against you and don't even realize why. They hate Jesus and they hate you. But, oh, in the end, who will be justified? Wool over eyes.

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

Last edited:

kanozas

Near the site of the Berlin Christmas Market attack today, the news is being reported and in the background, some of the Christmas celebrations are continuing. The news reporters were stating that they probably are unaware of an attack near the area. This was being sung in the background by a chorus, in German:

kanozas

Sirach 3: 2 - 6, 12 - 14

2 For the Lord honored the father above the children, and he confirmed the right of the mother over her sons.
3 Whoever honors his father atones for sins,
4 and whoever glorifies his mother is like one who lays up treasure.
5 Whoever honors his father will be gladdened by his own children, and when he prays he will be heard.
6 Whoever glorifies his father will have long life, and whoever obeys the Lord will refresh his mother;
12 O son, help your father in his old age, and do not grieve him as long as he lives;
13 even if he is lacking in understanding, show forbearance; in all your strength do not despise him.
14 For kindness to a father will not be forgotten, and against your sins it will be credited to you;
EWTN

VictoriousBrownFlower

To rest in the presence of God is such a relief and comfort to my heart. Knowing Jesus took care of everything I need today by his sacrifice on the cross. He died on that cross and suffered for me to stand here today in the midst of his blessings. Knowing that has the power to bring rest to any weary soul. I surrender to that love he has for me to shed his blood for me to be free.

To know all I ever had to do was know trust and surrender to God's will to be set free. That means tossing aside my cares for his love. All those wasted yrs worrying. It doesn't matter now because God always comes through at the perfect moment.