2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaginary

@imaginary
So...how are you using your AVJ? I was using it as a Rinse? Not sure how to use it. :ohwell:

ETA: I did a Coconut Water Rinse last wash day along with my Tea Rinse and really liked it.

I mainly use it as the liquid step in the LOC method or just spraying some on my hair and then putting alight oil on top. It works much better than using a leave-in or water for me.

I used to spray it on my DC and use it as a rinse as well, but I didn't really notice a difference in my hair when compared to cold water/acv. Try spraying avj and then using a light oil like jojoba to remoisturise and see if that works better for you.

You must have amazing will, if there's coconut water near me I HAVE to drink it. My hand won't even lift any higher than my mouth.

GGsKin

I mainly use it as the liquid step in the LOC method or just spraying some on my hair and then putting alight oil on top. It works much better than using a leave-in or water for me.

I used to spray it on my DC and use it as a rinse as well, but I didn't really notice a difference in my hair when compared to cold water/acv. Try spraying avj and then using a light oil like jojoba to remoisturise and see if that works better for you.

You must have amazing will, if there's coconut water near me I HAVE to drink it. My hand won't even lift any higher than my mouth.

In total agreement with the bolded. I've got some in the fridge right now and pondering the idea of putting some in my clay today is coming like a life altering decision I don't want to make:lol:.

GGsKin

I was inspired by you @IDareT'sHair and the other ladies who've mentioned using coconut water and I added some to my clay mix today. I was still side-eyeing as I poured it out lol. After one half-a@#%d try, and a head full of wet hair I can't tell if it made a positive difference to my hair but it doesn't feel bad though, and my clay mix felt nice a slippy.

Moih Aunaturel

Hello ladies ! I'm in (may I)
I aim to use a lot of ayurvedic products (if not only) for my hair.
I purchased indian powders (some I'm used to and new one). They will be used to make oil infusion, mask and tea. Might try to make a daily water spray (need to figure out which one will be used and how to preserve it).

Last week-end I made a tea cleanse to wash my hair in a hurry (sort of). I used Sidr (Zizyphus jujuba leaf powder) and Kapoor kachli (Hedychium spicatum root powder) then poured boiled water let it sit (shaking from time to time) till it was warm not hot before using it (kept it a few before rinsing and detangling under the shower).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I was inspired by you and the other ladies who've mentioned using coconut water and I added some to my clay mix today. I was still side-eyeing as I poured it out lol. After one half-a@#%d try, and a head full of wet hair I can't tell if it made a positive difference to my hair but it doesn't feel bad though, and my clay mix felt nice a slippy.

@AbsyBlvd
You know everyone has a Coconut Water Product line these days, so I figured "Why Not?":giggle:

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I brewed Nettle tea over the weekend. I may add it to the pitcher of mixed teas/fruit/ginger I drink during the day, but I've only used it as a rinse before my leave-in so far.

Hopefully tonight I can get a mid-week cleanse/condition/style in. I'll be cleansing w/my diy sodium bentonite/avj mix.

imaginary

m&s with aphogee provitamin leave-in and CON argan leave-in with cassia oil on my length and coffee oil at my roots.

Will be doing a henna treatment this weekend and may incorporate either neem oil or neem tea along with my coconut milk.

imaginary

Mixed some henna with very hot coconut milk and applied neem oil on my scalp. I usually apply my henna lukewarm to cold and when I applied it hot it was SO easy to detangle and apply. I didn't even have to detangle with an oil first.

I'm actually digging this red hair for a while, but I miss hendigo. Will probably do that in the next couple of weeks.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Also used:
Hairveda Methi Set Step 1 (which is a Protein Rx with Green & Black Teas) also a lot of Ayurvedic ingredients.

imaginary

I used the Nubian heritage cowash after the henna because it has kaolin clay, and using clays after henna always leaves my hair feeling nicer.

For next week I want to try either creating a tea spritz to use during the week or do a rinse as a pre-treatment for washday.

Status
Not open for further replies.