2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaginary

Experimented with a rice water rinse this wash day. I made it by pouring off extra water from the rice when it was boiling and left it for under 24hrs. Don't think it had a chance to ferment fully since I didn't really notice a smell. Poured half of the rice water into a cup of warm water and then poured over my head into a basin. Then poured that over my head again.

I like little diy things like this, and it doesn't require any extra ingredients so I think I'm going to stick with it to see if I notice any difference. When I rinsed it from my hair it almost felt stronger, but not like protein treatment. My hair is soft, but my hair has been soft since the last hard protein treatment so... Like I said, I'm going to need to do it more to see.

imaginary

I made my henna mix with coconut milk last night and covered with cling film. I can't remember if I've ever left henna to release on its own before, but eager to see if there's a difference. Will leave it until late tonight when I'll apply and keep it on overnight.

alex114

As part of my Black Friday haul, I finally jumped on the APB bandwagon and got some Ayurvedic creme, and the mask. I also got Beautifully Bamboo Tea. I've been using the Beautifully Bamboo pills (on and off because I cycle in and out of them vs. a straight silica supplement and a seperate biotin supplement) and I can definitely say they've been helping me retain length.

I also want to do my first full strength henna treatment in months after Christmas. I won't have time during the semester, so winter break is going to be my best bet for any time consuming DIY treatments.

I'm looking forward to it!:cheers:

alex114

Uncle Lee's Bamboo Tea Rinse
What benefits have you noticed rinsing with bamboo tea as opposed to drinking it (or in addition)? I've been using a DIY black/green tea spritz mixed with distilled water and olive oil, and I think it's been helping with shedding, but I didn't know bamboo tea was also good for rinsing.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
What benefits have you noticed rinsing with bamboo tea as opposed to drinking it (or in addition)? I've been using a DIY black/green tea spritz mixed with distilled water and olive oil, and I think it's been helping with shedding, but I didn't know bamboo tea was also good for rinsing.
@alex114
I've been using it for strength & shine, and all the other benefits of Bamboo, just like any other Topical Bamboo Treatment (DC/Conditioner):love:

Sometimes, I throw a Green Tea Bag in their too.

alex114

Interesting....hmm I don't think using bamboo topically is quite in my budget for this year, so I'll just keep doing my green/black tea rinses and using my spritz lol. Not to mention, I hate when I use a bunch of new products at the same time, and my hair turns out either terrible or amazing. That way I can't isolate the true culprit.

Hopefully 2017-2018 will be my year of bamboo tea rinses and devachan hair cuts if I can get one of these summer associateships *hopes vigorously* :lachen::lachen:
@alex114
I've been using it for strength & shine, and all the other benefits of Bamboo, just like any other Topical Bamboo Treatment (DC/Conditioner):love:

Sometimes, I throw a Green Tea Bag in their too.

Status
Not open for further replies.