2016 Coffee Tea Acv Avj Ayurvedic Clay Powders Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo24Rule

Cassia/Henna are forms of protein, right? So does that mean no need for light protein treatments also?

imaginary

Cassia/Henna are forms of protein, right? So does that mean no need for light protein treatments also?

I know for a fact that I still need heavy proteins even though I'm a heavy henna user. I guess it all depends on your hair type. I have fine, high porosity strands so even though the henna adds strength it doesn't fill in my cuticles like a protein can.

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with DIY AVJ spritz & J. Monigue's Peppermint Pre-Poo with Cherry Bark & Teas.
Rinsed out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & used Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea spritz.

imaginary

Oiled my hair with hempseed oil earlier in the day before doing an overnight henna treatment (same coconut milk mix from last time). I also sprayed my scalp with warm tea mix of green, garlic and a small amount of powdered ginger tea from a packet then used a liquidy bentonite and water mix just to help get the henna off my scalp this morning. Applied the last of the tea mix under my DC and then did a final rinse with rice water.

I can definitely say now that the rice water makes my hair softer. Tried a new DC this week that didn't really soften up my hair after the henna, but after the rinse my hair felt softer and a touch smoother. I may branch out into layering the rice water rinse under my DC to cut down time, but they always say not to leave it in for longer than half hour and to always do it as a final rinse.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have this one coming soon. I got a shipping note a while ago but still no package here :nono:.
@Aggie
Yeah, me too.:angry2:

It's been in the Pre-Shipment phase for several days.:angry2:

The last time I convo'ed with her, she said she was "busy making products" and hadn't checked her email.:look: But she told me to call her at the number provided.

If I don't hear something from her by this weekend, I'll call the numba':callme:

Aggie

@Aggie
Yeah, me too.:angry2:

It's been in the Pre-Shipment phase for several days.:angry2:

The last time I convo'ed with her, she said she was "busy making products" and hadn't checked her email.:look: But she told me to call her at the number provided.

If I don't hear something from her by this weekend, I'll call the numba':callme:

@IDareT'sHair

Oh dear. Pre-shipment mode huh? Well that's not good for our products to be in that mode for this long. That sucks!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used: J.Monique Naturals Cherry Bark, Peppermint with Green & Black Tea Pre-Poo.

Very nice as @trclemons stated.:2inlove:

I also did a Slippery Elm & Marshmallow Root on Saturday.

Will Steep a Pot of Green for the following Wash Days.

imaginary

Had a great quick wash day today. Did an overnight treatment and used green tea to wet my hair and scalp then finished off wash day with another rice water rinse. I'm loving this more and more. It helps that I can feel the difference in my hair right away, but it's so hard to describe. Smoother and softer is mainly what I'm getting.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Had a great quick wash day today. Did an overnight treatment and used green tea to wet my hair and scalp then finished off wash day with another rice water rinse. I'm loving this more and more. It helps that I can feel the difference in my hair right away, but it's so hard to describe. Smoother and softer is mainly what I'm getting.
@imaginary
How are you doing yours? Are you boiling, strainin' and all that stuff? Sounds like a lot of work?:eek:

Mildly curious, but you know I'm lazy about all that DIY stuff.:giggle:

imaginary

@imaginary
How are you doing yours? Are you boiling, strainin' and all that stuff? Sounds like a lot of work?:eek:

Mildly curious, but you know I'm lazy about all that DIY stuff.:giggle:

I try to do it as simply as possible cause I'm also getting into this lazy life :look:. When I'm cooking rice I just add extra water to the pot and pour off a small amount once it starts boiling. Then I cover it up and leave it in the bathroom. I usually do this the day before before I'm gonna wash my hair but if the scheduling is off I just put it in the fridge and take it out when I'm ready for it.

The jar I use can hold about 8oz (guesstimate) and I usually only fill it halfway so that when I'm in the shower, I just add regular water to fill it to the brim. Easy peasy.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@imaginary
Makes sense. I 'rarely/never' cook rice. Maybe I'll buy some 'cheap rice' and do a batch.:look:

Wonder how it would do in the Freezer. Like if I made a batch & froze it?

I may try it.:drunk:

Or I may ask Jakeala, NG, APB and others to come up with a Rice Water Rinse:eek:...:lol:

imaginary

@imaginary
Makes sense. I 'rarely/never' cook rice. Maybe I'll buy some 'cheap rice' and do a batch.:look:

Wonder how it would do in the Freezer. Like if I made a batch & froze it?

I may try it.:drunk:

I think that would work, one batch kept in the back of my fridge for about 2weeks. I had put it in there without leaving it out first and it had barely started to ferment.

Or I may ask Jakeala, NG, APB and others to come up with a Rice Water Rinse:eek:...:lol:
:lachen: this is also a perfect option for you. Nudge them into it :giggle:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@imaginary
Okay...Imma run to the Grocery 1st thing in the a.m. anyway, so I'll grab a bag of 'cheap' rice.

Come home Steam some, strain it and keep the water.

That's all I hafta' do right?:look:

imaginary

@imaginary
Okay...Imma run to the Grocery 1st thing in the a.m. anyway, so I'll grab a bag of 'cheap' rice.

Come home Steam some, strain it and keep the water.

That's all I hafta' do right?:look:

If you're not gonna use the rice after then you don't even have to boil it. You can just leave the rice in the water for ~20mins and then strain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.