~~~2016 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge~~~

Brwnbeauti

1. What product(s) did you use?
I used kinky Kurly stellar strands

2. How long did you DC for?
30 min
3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)
I used a hood dryer
4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond?
Well, so far. It looks pretty moisturized
This is the only dc I have right now. I like Eden products and will purchase those after I finish some others. Idk what other dcs I will try. I'll be looking for recs here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I used kinky Kurly stellar strands

30 min
I used a hood dryer
Well, so far. It looks pretty moisturized
This is the only dc I have right now. I like Eden products and will purchase those after I finish some others. Idk what other dcs I will try. I'll be looking for recs here
Pretty curls and coils.

Aggie

This morning I pre-pooed my hair with Chicoro's moisture drench pre-poo followed with Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo and Pureology Hydrating Shampoo.

Now I'm deep conditioning under my dryer with this amazing Kerastase Reflection Chroma Riche Masque for 20 minutes. It smells de-lish-us:lick:! It is extremely rich and goes on very smoothly and the test of how well she conditions my hair will be when I'm all done. I can't wait to update!

Last edited:

Aggie

By the way, I have wayyyy too many deep conditioners to list but I will definitely make a note of each one as I use them and how my hair responds to them.

Every 7-10 days will be my DC schedule, but I will try to keep it at once a week as much as possible.
Question: On Tuesdays, I put cowash conditioner on my braided hair and sit under a heat cap for 30 minutes before massaging my scalp/braids and rinsing it out. Is using a cowash conditioner in this way considered a DC?

I don't think so @trclemons, reason being, the ingredients are not concentrated like a deep conditioner, so therefore, it would pretty much just cleanse the hair a bit but not deep condition it. HTH!

Last edited:

trclemons

1. What product(s) did you use? I had a little left of Kurlee Belle, AOGPB & AOHSR, so I used a combination of the three.

2. How long did you DC for? 1.25 hours

3. What method of DC did you use (cap, steamer, etc)? Heat cap

4. Most importantly – How did your hair respond? It responded okay, but neither of these DCs wow'd me independently or combined, so they won't be staples.

NaturallyATLPCH

I did a light protein treatment with She Scent It's Okra Reconstructor, 30 minutes with a plastic cap and body heat.

As my moisture DC, I warmed up Kinky Kashmere's DC, applied, put on a plastic cap, now I'm sitting under the dryer for about 30 minutes.

This DC always makes my hair feel amazing.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
I don't know. DC'ed today again with SM Manuka honey and Mafura oil intensive hydration masque. I was intentionally heavy handed as i'm trying to empty it ( my hair hated it!) . Today however i dc for about 3hours (was busy with errands did not have time to wash it earlier) in a bin bag and viola! My hair came out soo soft and hydrated after washout...

I'm torn now

geekyjade

Im in

JBCO Shea Moisture Deep Mask
ORS Deep Conditioner (moisturizing conditioner and protein)

30 mins to 2 hours

I can only do the cap

TBD..........

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
dc'ed with the mane choice green tea and carrot conditioner. This leaves my hair soft. I just wish it wasn't so expensive

Luxlii

I would like to join this challenge.

1. My conditioners:

HG-Staples
Keracare Humecto 5 lb tub
MM+
Cholesterol
Silicon Mix
Kanechom
Duotex
The Kerastase knockoff

Havent Tried Yet (Christmas Presents):
Banana Brulei
Sik Dreams Vanilla Silk / Hydration

Just Use Up (Ok or whatever):
Sitrinillah

2. 40 minutes On Wednesday Mornings

3. LCL Hood Dryer

jesusislove1526

Definitely in for another year.
DCing weekly, Sunday or Monday.
Looking for a good moisturizing DC without protein.
Currently using Salon Care Professional Cholesterol Cream Conditioner from Sally's.