~~~2016 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge~~~

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I'm in.

I use Megatek mixed with JBCO and SAA under a heated hood dryer. I want to start doing deep oil streaming this year at least 1-2 times a month this year too.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
I deep conditioned using NaturelleGrow's Mango & Coconut Water Deep Conditioning Treatment with a heat cap for an hour last night after I took out my sew in, but then left my shower cap on under my bonnet overnight because I was too lazy to wash it out. I washed it out this morning, but I think my hair is ready for a nice protein treatment.

grow

Ladies, what's your opinion on dc'ing without heat?

I have the oil and dc in with a plastic cap and scarf over it.
I plan to keep it in for 15-18 hours because I'm sleeping in it overnight.

With body heat and the time factor, would you feel this is an adequate deep dc treatment?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ladies, what's your opinion on dc'ing without heat? have the oil and dc in with a plastic cap and scarf over it.
I plan to keep it in for 15-18 hours because I'm sleeping in it overnight.
With body heat and the time factor, would you feel this is an adequate deep dc treatment?

@grow
I think it will be effective, because most DC'ers don't even necessarily require heat. Some make the "Heat Factor" Optional.

It will usually say, can be used with a plastic cap and placed under a dryer for 10-20 minutes for intense/maximum results and some don't even say that.

I think the type of DC'er will be a greater factor than using it with heat or leaving it on for x amount of hours.

I also think the ones that say 20, 30 minutes mean that. Unless it is specifically an "Overnight" Treatment.

I don't think efficacy will be in the number of hours left on.

However, I do like to do all of my DC'ers under a dryer or steamer (my personal preference) but I don't think most DC'ers "require" it be used with Heat to be effective.

ETA: Great Question btw.

grow

Thanks a bunch @IDareT'sHair !

I could probably leave it on for less time, but sometimes I really enjoy sleeping with a treatment on (dc, henna, oil) so that I can wake up, wash or rinse it out, then have a fresh wash and go the next day.:)

I will follow your suggestion and read the label though..... I 've used that dc for so long, I've totally forgotten what the actual directions are, lol!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Protein: Ultrasheen DuoTex + Aphogee 2 Min Keratin Reconstructor
Moisture: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today I used Kerastase Therapiste strengthening mask and Garnier Color mask to prevent my blue color from fading. I just layered the Garnier on top of the Kerastase.

trclemons

Today was CoWash Saturday for me. I pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz and Hairitage Butter on my ends. This morning, I applied a mixture of Curly Kinks DC, HydroQuench Honey Pineapple Hibiscus DC & Brahmi Powder and went under my heat cap for an hour.

Kinky4Agirl

Question: On Tuesdays, I put cowash conditioner on my braided hair and sit under a heat cap for 30 minutes before massaging my scalp/braids and rinsing it out. Is using a cowash conditioner in this way considered a DC?
I would say yes since you are using heat with it..

Kinky4Agirl

I'm in!.. I'll be using :
ORS replenishing conditioning Pak
Aphogee 2 minute with heat
Neutrogena triple Moisture restorative mask
Green tea mixture with oils, honey, glycerine, and aloe vera juice will go on my hair first, then the deep conditioner, the heating cap for 30 min to 45 min