~~~2016 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge~~~

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Protein DC - Megatek plus Vatika, silk amino acids and JBCO.

I decided to sort of structure my hair repair for 2016 off of Cathy Howse using my own products plus a few other ideas. So will try doing protein DC on Sundays and Moisture on Thursdays.

L.Brown1114

Update: curl junkie curl rehab is AWFUL. It literally dries my hair out. I'm switching to GVP conditioning balm. Anyone use this? Reviews?

L.Brown1114

The GVP Conditioning Balm? I used it and liked it. It wasn't spectacular to me but I liked it.

Thanks. My hair LOVES the joico k-pak DC balm but it has cones and I'm trying out the CG method for a month to see if my dryness is secretly coming from cones and I was hoping that product would be comparable.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm trying to use up my stash and get back to the basics so last night I used a generous amount of Kerastase Elixir Ultime mask. It's all gone and I probably won't repurchase. The best thing about it was the smell...

I have 4 or 5 more mediocre dcs that have to go. Next week I will try to get rid of another one.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty
I thought you STANNED for Kerastase! Are the other mediocre DC's Kerastase, as well?
I'm still a stan, but that was the weakest link in my opinion. For the price tag I expect mind blowing results every time. Elixir leave in is liquid gold, but the poo and mask get the thumbs down.

I just bought Cristalliste, Chroma Captive and Maskeratine last month. So far Maskeratine is the only keeper. I have only used each one once so I will give the other 2 another try.

Aggie

This morning I prepooed with Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with aloe juice and castor oil for 30 minutes.

Then I put Kurleebelle almond shea butter shampoo right on top of the prepoo, detangled and rinsed it out.

Next I DC'ed with matrix conditioning balm mixed with Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner under hooded dryer for approximately 30 minutes.

I'm about to hot oil rinse with a castor and sunflower oil mix and rinse it out and will be adding Redken anti-snap leave in sealed with sunflower oil. Put my hair back in three big celies, wig it and done for the day.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Protein: Ultrasheen DuoTex + Aphogee 2 Min Keratin Reconstructor
Moisture: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture

I think I'll twist my hair. It's been at least a year since I've worn it as a protective style

theRaven

I haven't been in here a while.

Today I shampooed my curls and deep conditioned with Organics Hair Mayonnaise for an hour under my heating cap. Then conditioned with L'Oreal Total 5 Damage Erasing Balm for about 20 minutes. My hair feels like butta!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Used Roux Porosity Control condish before protein.

Did my protein DC using a mix of gelatin, 2tbsp CD Fortifying Conditioner, SSA, Vatika and JBCO. Sat under dryer for 30 min. My hair felt amazing afterwards.

curlyTisME

Plan to DC with some of the SM Manuka honey moisture masque and some neem oil under heat tonight.

Last edited: