Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This year my goal is to maintain and retain. I want to maintain my regimen and keep my hair strong as it grows out.

I want to retain an inch every 3 months. I dust my ends every 3 months so that means I need to grow 1/2 inch each month.

I want to continue using high quality products that soften and strengthen my strands.

I want to break my dependence on wigs. This year I want to wear my hair 80% of the time.

I need to lose 20lbs this year and keep it off.

Last edited:

Dee Raven

Oooh, yeah it's that time of year again.

This year I would like to get to full hip length, improve my hair straightening skills, be slightly more versatile with my hair (but just slightly) and I want to try trimming/cutting my hair like strdesigns1 (who layers her hair in the front).

LdyKamz

My goals:

Try to thicken my hair w/ more protein.
Retain retain retain! I'll be trimming every 3-4 months so hopefully that will help
Wear more styles. I'm style challenged and stick to either a perm rod set or a bun lately.
Find a decent stylist who will help me achieve all of these things.

ClassyJSP

So far my goals are:
Thicken up my edges/hairline
Grow my hair to bsl/mbl(?)
reduce the number of times I trim ( I ps majority of the time)
Continue to PS I may go back to getting sew ins a few times throughout the year
Do my hair myself Majority of the time (to control the number of set backs)
when I do wear my hair out instead of my usual blow dry/flat iron a roller set instead

IMFOCSD

My goal is to find products(mainly shampoo/conditioner/DC) that will have my hair feeling healthy.

Try different styles other than my daily puff.

Never stray away from my beloved smooth n shine curl activator aloe Vera gel.

Last edited:

LdyKamz

I just want to make it through the year without chopping my hair off honestly. We'll see how that goes though.
I'm there with you! Every year since I've been natural (coming up on 3) I've done a mini chop after the 1 year mark. never intentionally but it works out that way.
April 2013 big chopped
April 2014 got a hair cut and it was a big chop but I needed it.
April 2015 made it without cutting but didn't trim all year and November 2105 I ended up having to cut it all off for health.
By April 2016 I want to make sure I still have hair on my head. Lol

@KammyGirl are you going to be doing protein treatments or eating/drinking protein? I'm trying to thicker my hair with protein too. And castor oil
@NaturallyBri87 I was initially going to focus on protein treatments mainly but protein inside and out helps too right. What are good sources of protein for hair growth besides fish and protein shakes. I want the protein just don't want to get fat.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
You definately need stash reduction:lachen:...#hides. You still my favourite PJ though:blush:

QUOTE="IDareT'sHair, post: 22115391, member: 118875"]Mine:
1) Stash reduction:look: Use more Buy Less
2) Consistent Vitamin usage/Water Intake/Healthy Eating
3) Minimize the amount of SSKs
4) Perhaps 'visit' a Salon once or twice in the New Year[/QUOTE]
W
Mine:
1) Stash reduction:look: Use more Buy Less
2) Consistent Vitamin usage/Water Intake/Healthy Eating
3) Minimize the amount of SSKs
4) Perhaps 'visit' a Salon once or twice in the New Year
W