traceedeebee

@KammyGirl I don't really have a plan. I'm trying to find what's causing the issue I think it's my satin bonnets. They tend to leave my edges exposed. I don't know how to keep my bonnets or scarves on my head. I have a satin pillowcase but it makes me hot(not in a good way) at night.
I will be testing:
  • moisturizing with a liquid moisturizer and sealing with JBCO at night or
  • moisturizing with a cream and sealing with a butter.
  • I'm also doing the inversion for the first quarter of 2016.
  • Taking my multivitamin 5 days out of the week for the first quarter

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
B
I see a lot of people are trying to thicken up. How is everyone planning to do that?

Tea rinses, garlic shampoo and conditioners, and garlic supplements to stop shedding. The less hair that sheds the thicker the hair.

Adding JBCO to my conditioners and oiling my scalp with it. Monthly hard protein treatments.

Adding msm powder to my smoothies and drinking carrot juice daily.

Tangles

1. Be consistent with the things that work for me: My version MHM
2. More protein treatments (mild)
3. Minimize HIH (it's ruining my hair:cry3:)
4. No trimming (it's a disease)
5. More protective styles (twists on perm rods)

*Retention: This will happen if I do the above...:kiss3:

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
@KammyGirl I don't really have a plan. I'm trying to find what's causing the issue I think it's my satin bonnets. They tend to leave my edges exposed. I don't know how to keep my bonnets or scarves on my head. I have a satin pillowcase but it makes me hot(not in a good way) at night.
Perhaps a loc soc will work for you. http://soclocsoc.com/3-solid. I just purchased quite a few and am very happy w/them. They remain 'attached' thru the night.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Thank you so much! :notworthy:I'm ordering a couple today. I cannot say how excited I am. They're only $12, too. I have struggled for years with keeping anything on my head while I slept. :thankyou:
LOL...you're very welcome. A YouTuber, aketafitgirl, mentioned using them. And service was quick, too. I got mine in a couple of days.

Daina

Great thread putting things out in the universe instead of in my head helps me to stay more accountable thanks for starting @Prettymetty! Below are the first few things that come to mind:

1. Pray more
2. Get a Komaza hair analysis
3. Have the patience to continue a low heat regimen (ideal would be once per month but definitely no more than twice).
4. Continue vitamin and supplement regimen
5. Maintain water intake, I try for a gallon a day
6. BSL by June, MBL by December
7. Finding someone I trust to trim my ends

I will modify or post more after I straighten and do length check Thursday.

traceedeebee

LOL...you're very welcome. A YouTuber, aketafitgirl, mentioned using them. And service was quick, too. I got mine in a couple of days.
I'm going to have to check out aketafitgirl. I can't wait to try this out. I'm so tired of going to sleep one way and waking up to find my scarf or bonnet on the floor.

jesusislove1526

2016 Hair Goals

1. To grow and retain at least 4 inches. This will put me between WHIP and HL.
2. To maintain my water regimen by drinking at least 10 glasses of water each day.
3. To grow out the layers that are at the upper back portion of my head.
4. Continue using my multivitamin and Vitamin B Complex supplement. I may incorporate more supplements as the year goes on.
5. To eat less processed foods and better by incorporating more fruits and vegetables. My 20th wedding anniversary is June 1, 2016, so I want to look my best.
6. To minimize SSK's.
7. To be consistent with my hair care regimen: cowashing weekly, 1 monthly clarifying shampoo, alternating daily m & s with nightly GHE, weekly DC, protective styles, scalp massages, no heat except 1x per year

trclemons

My 2016 Hair Goals are:

1. Be more gentle with my hair.

2. Baby my ends.

3. Gain & retain 6 inches.

4. Reach MBL.

5. Be more confident about my natural hair and wear it out at least once quarterly.

6. Reduce my product stash.

GOALS 1 & 2: CW'd today. I was gentle with my hair and babied my ends all the way.

GOAL 6: I had 15 bottles of moisturizing conditioners and I emptied the Aussie Moist today. I would like to get rid of 6 more moisturizing conditioners this year.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I wore a bun all day with a pretty floral headband. My ends are still hydrated from my dc Thursday.

Tonight I will massage my scalp with mn and peppermint oil. I will start my inversions on New year's day.

newgrowth15

I just want to make it through the year without chopping my hair off honestly. We'll see how that goes though.

Resist, resist, resist the temptation to cut. Hide your ends so you won't obsess over them--that will help. Join the "No Cutting for a Year" challenge. I cut off several inches in January of this year and haven't cut since. You can do it!

nevaeh

This year I am going to get back on my hair game and grow my hair back out. My goal is healthy, strong sl hair.

I'm going to achieve this by hiding my hair and sticking to my hair regimen. I've did it before. I can do it again. :amen:

ezina

I'm going to be aggressive with my goal for 2016:

My main goal for 2016 is to reach WL. I will accomplish this by:

1) Staying on top of my vitamins...never going off of them for more than 1 week stretches at a time.
2) Protecting my ends like it is my life
3) Detangling more gently
4) Deep conditioning more frequently
3) Once I get my curly lace wig (money permitting), I will braid my hair up every 4 weeks and wear the wig as my main protective style

Waist length is for me in 2016!

trclemons

My 2016 Hair Goals are:

2. Baby my ends.

4. Reach MBL.

5. Be more confident about my natural hair and wear it out at least once quarterly.

GOAL 6: I just finished TVO conditioner and I have 53 more creamy leave-ins left. I would like to reduce this stash by 10% in 2016.

trclemons

My 2016 Hair Goals are:

2. Baby my ends.

4. Reach MBL.

GOALS 1 & 2: CW'd today and I handled my hair with care and gave my ends extra product & treatment.

GOALS 5: While I was waiting on my hair to dry, I made a run to Wal-Mart with my shrunken hair. If only the front & sides would hang like the back...
upload_2016-1-1_15-3-57.png upload_2016-1-1_15-4-55.png

GOAL 6: I had 34 oils to use on the length of my hair and I emptied Entwine's Argan Oil. I would like to get rid of 3 oils this year (10%).

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-1_15-4-13.png
    upload_2016-1-1_15-4-13.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 16