Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I applied mn to the right side of my head since it is shorter than the left. I also did my day 2 inversion

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
okay so I feel like I'm doing the most with all of these vitamins/supplements I'm taking. I'm popping way too many pills in the morning. I'm currently taking:
Manetabolism
Zinc
B12
Iron
Garlic
Maca Root (not related to hair)

Once I finish the garlic I'm not going to rebuy. I'll just continue to use it topically. I don't want to waste the vitamins but I just want to cut it down to zinc, manetabolism and maca.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm trying to cut down on my vitamins too but my hair is doing so great with the combo that I think I'll just split them up instead of taking them all at once. I'm also thinking about switching my multivitamin to a gummy. There's a few other things that I want to try, but hopefully I'll be able to incorporate them in liquid or powder form.
okay so I feel like I'm doing the most with all of these vitamins/supplements I'm taking. I'm popping way too many pills in the morning. I'm currently taking:
Manetabolism
Zinc
B12
Iron
Garlic

Once I finish the garlic I'm not going to rebuy. I'll just continue to use it topically. I don't want to waste the vitamins but I just want to cut it down to zinc, manetabolism and maca.

CodeRed

Consistency. I've seen how my hair has benefitted from me just keeping the same basic regimen.

I'm hoping that I can get over wanting to buy too :lol: I'm slowing getting tired of trying deep conditioners because not only are there so many but so many don't really do anything for me. Deep treatments are the only thing I'm really addicted to and being a part of the Use Up Your Stash Challenge made me realize just how many don't work for me. I bought like 30 packets of treatments and only 1 really worked for me and during that challenge I must have had an additional 30 or so more deep treatments and almost all of those did nothing for me too. I've tried a lot of the natural deep treatments over the years and some of the diy ones worked but they were messy and storage/preservation was kind of inconvenient. The other natural ones were nice but they cost a lot and ordering/shipping/waiting for sales/just dealing with small businesses sometimes got on my nerves. I've been trying the more expensive "unnatural" ones also and they're better but just ok... Going to try the few I have left and see how next year goes. I have staples in all categories I use so that's the good part. I think the funniest part of this whole thing is that $5 in store, easy to find products were some of my best discoveries of the year :lol:

One month down. Still consistent but just now curbing my buying habit :lol:

trclemons

My 2016 Hair Goals are:

1. Be more gentle with my hair.

2. Baby my ends.

3. Gain & retain 6 inches.

4. Reach MBL.

5. Be more confident about my natural hair and wear it out at least once quarterly.

6. Reduce my product stash.

GOALS 1 & 2: I have been doing real well on pampering my hair, which I think will play a major role in me accomplishing Goals 3 & 4.

GOALS 5: I have been hiding my hair under wigs for 2 years and I feel more and more ready to wear my own hair. I think I will protective style using my own hair for Spring & Summer.

GOAL 6: I started out with 47 products on my list and as of today, I am down to 32. Since joining the "Use Up The Stash" challenge, I have added 15 more products to my original list and used up 1 of those added products. By the end of this month, I may be able to use up about 10 more products. :yay:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Manetabolism
Zinc
B12
Iron
Garlic

I was taking garlic for a while after I had my son. It helped a lot, but once I ran out I didn't repurchase. Now I'm just taking a hair vitamin, One a day and dissolving biotin.

GOALS 1 & 2: I have been doing real well on pampering my hair, which I think will play a major role in me accomplishing Goals 3 & 4.

GOALS 5: I have been hiding my hair under wigs for 2 years and I feel more and more ready to wear my own hair. I think I will protective style using my own hair for Spring & Summer.

GOAL 6: I started out with 47 products on my list and as of today, I am down to 32. Since joining the "Use Up The Stash" challenge, I have added 15 more products to my original list and used up 1 of those added products. By the end of this month, I may be able to use up about 10 more products. :yay:
Great job using up your stash lady!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just realized that I never listed my hair goals for 2016.

Short term goals:
- Address my hair loss at the crown and back of my hair. I am documenting my progress in my Hair Journal app with pictures and notes. My approach uses both internal and external efforts

- Retain my current length and ENDS in particular

- Get my sleep patterns back to normal.

Long term goals:
- Once I get past this setback, work on getting maximum growth for each month in 2016.

- Consistent exercise for best circulation

- Eating a high protein, low carb diet to support my hair growth

- Consistently taking my vitamins

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I want to be in this "challenge"! Subbing...

My goals are:
  • To reach full APL stretched
  • To find and see a professional stylist four times this year and get professional trims
  • To not be hair lazy anymore and "do" (wash and dc) my hair no less often than every eight days (giving myself a week and a day grace) and stop going to sleep with my hair loose
  • To further reduce my stash and get darn close to having only staples/HGs
Month update:
  • Long term, working towards
  • Finally saw a pro yesterday. Very happy and will definitely keep the relationship and appointments going. AND she didn't have to cut much at all and said my hair was in way better condition than I thought. Even better, she was even more impressed with DD's hair condition. Winning!
  • Good and bad with this one. I've slacked on some of my scheduling, but have gotten slightly better in my bedtime consistency. Work in progress.
  • Doing ok. Have used some stuff, have had to restock some products used in the past because their replacements weren't cutting it. Making progress though. :yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
January was a good month. I consistently took my biotin and multivitamin, I inverted 7 days and I used sulfur oil 3x week.

So far I am doing a pretty good job with everything, but I am having a little breakage :( I am going to wash and dc tonight. I'm thinking about wigging it for a few weeks until my hair is stronger.

trclemons

Today was CoWash Saturday:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz.
  • I applied Honey's Handmade Citrus Sage and Tropical Carrots & Coconut DCs and went under my heat cap for 1 hour.
  • Used CC Natural's scalp scrub, CW'd my length with Dove Nourishing Oil Care & Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca, reconstructed with Ion & rinsed out 80% of Alikay's Caribbean Cocunut Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Ion Repair Solution, C = Loreal Hydracharge, O = Hydrathermal's Growth on scalp, Queens Curls Safflower on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges & B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.
Lola is plaited and happy!!!

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I'm trying to cut down on my vitamins too but my hair is doing so great with the combo that I think I'll just split them up instead of taking them all at once. I'm also thinking about switching my multivitamin to a gummy. There's a few other things that I want to try, but hopefully I'll be able to incorporate them in liquid or powder form.

what vitamins are you currently taking? i might add my b12, zinc and iron to my morning smoothies instead of taking them with everything else

trclemons

Tonight, I put Honey's Handmade Cherry Almond Tapioca on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Oyin's Honey Hemp. I got a late start with my hair and I didn't want to go to bed with a wet head, so I sat under my hood dryer on low for 30 minutes.

Next, I LCOB'd with L = Ion's Repair Solutions, C = Carefree Curls Gold, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Hydrathermal's Growth Oil on scalp & Sunny Isle's JBCO on edges, B = Soultanical's Hair Yum on ends.

Then, I put on my plastic cap and did my inversion for 4 minutes and I will baggy overnight.

KiSseS03

My 2016 Hair goals:

1) Rid myself completely of September '15s Heat Damage
2) Stay Natural
3) Achieve Healthy BSL
4) Become proficient in rocking wigs

ajargon02

A new year is around the corner. This is a great time to improve our regimens and start some New Years hair resolutions.

What hair goals do you have for 2016?
*Thickness
*length
*retention
*more moisture
*strength
*no trimming
*no/low heat
*more protective styles
*overall health and beauty
*reduce breakage
I am looking for more retention this year. I am almost at apl, and if I baby my hair, I think I can get to full apl by the end of the year. I'm back on viviscal and that thickens my hair up nicely and it's totally noticeable around the 3 month mark. I was taking 2 a day, but that was breaking out my skin. I don't know if it was just the pills or if I wasn't drinking enough water at the time. I am back drinking my water "mix" (master cleanse drink) and I have high hopes for my hair this year. Now I just have to get my body together.

Eta: keeping up with my twice yearly trims. I go to a stylist in Mi.that trims my hair in it's curly state. Surprisingly it's even! I straightened it and it looked great.Last time I didn't keep up with my trims, I reached apl, but had to cut off all my progress due to splits. NEVER AGAIN!

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just realized that I never listed my hair goals for 2016.

Short term goals:
- Address my hair loss at the crown and back of my hair. I am documenting my progress in my Hair Journal app with pictures and notes. My approach uses both internal and external efforts

- Retain my current length and ENDS in particular

- Get my sleep patterns back to normal.

Long term goals:
- Once I get past this setback, work on getting maximum growth for each month in 2016.

- Consistent exercise for best circulation

- Eating a high protein, low carb diet to support my hair growth

- Consistently taking my vitamins

So, I am doing well to address all of the issues listed. My hair is improving incrementally at my crown but I think that will take months to call this approach a success or failure.

I've added a few vitamins and diet changes to help reduce inflammation build up in the body which is on main reason that people have problems with some form of alopecia. So I've added bromlein (pineapples) and ginger into my diet along with an inflammation supplement to reduce systemic inflammation as much as possible.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I may start washing my hair every 2 weeks instead of weekly. It just takes too much time... I'll wash, dc and blowdry next Wednesday

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I want to try this!!

I'm taking a break from it because I was doing entirely too much (oiling my scalp with castor oil, oiling with garlic infused olive oil, taking a million vitamins, the egg smoothie, carrot juice) and I want to try things one at a time to see what's working. Once I juice up all of my carrots I'm going to go back to this. It's just so nasty :-( even with a banana. might add a scoop of ice cream to it lol