2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

Aggie

^^I'm going to try to do better this month as well @BellaRose.

I started okay but yesterday I pigged out a bit and now need to do a major cleanse and detox for about 2-3 days.

Beany

One of my coworkers said it looks like I'm losing weight. I'm day 7 of the 17 day diet. Praise!

ETA: wash day is tomorrow. I'll be roller setting and using a new product (jane carter smoothing something).

ETA(again): Today I started drinking acv (2 tsp), lemon juice (1 tsp), and cranberry juice (1 tsp) mixed in a glass of water 30 minutes before my meals. I plan to do this for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Aggie

@Aggie What type of cleanse and detox do you do? That sounds like a good idea to reset the body.
@BellaRose

Sometimes I simply fast, no food, water only. Sometimes I do a smoothie cleanse, and sometimes I just eat veggies, no fruits with water and herbal cleansing detox teas. It is not pleasant but the detoxes are greatly rewarding for my body. I certainly feel a thousand times better a few days after doing one.

Aggie

One of my coworkers said it looks like I'm losing weight. I'm day 7 of the 17 day diet. Praise!

ETA: wash day is tomorrow. I'll be roller setting and using a new product (jane carter smoothing something).

ETA(again): Today I started drinking acv (2 tsp), lemon juice (1 tsp), and cranberry juice (1 tsp) mixed in a glass of water 30 minutes before my meals. I plan to do this for 2 weeks.
I will be doing this diet soon myself. I can't start it until mid September though.

Aggie

Today I'm using Pumpkin Seed Butter mixed with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm as a prepoo.

Clarify with Elucence Clarifying shampoo

Cowashing with 4 Bella Naturale Yucca Root Restorative Co-Wash Conditioner

Protein Treatment with 4BN YR Intensive Repair Mask

Moisture Treatment with 4BN YR Cocoavonana Deep Hair Mask

Leave-In with 4BN YR Restorative Leave-in Conditioner

trclemons

I have been off track with my eating since the hurricane on September 1st and have exercised sporatically. But, I got on the scale and received a revelation, so I will be back on track with my eating and exercise next week.

sharifeh

I'm still doing well with the weight loss- bad with the hair growth. What supplements do you all use for faster growth?

W04andia

I fell all the way off ladies!
But at least my hair's been in a protective style (crochet braids) for the past month.

I'm back at the gym and sorting out my diet right now. I plan on being at my goal body fat by my birthday (end of January).

Hope you all are doing well :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm afraid to weigh in, because I have done some emotional eating recently. Tomorrow I'm going to get a b12 shot for energy and I'll plan out my workouts for next week

trclemons

My walking partner and I began jogging today. We are so dissatisfied with the way our clothes are fitting that it has motivated us to kick it up a notch.

Now, I need to work on my sugar cravings because I don't want to work against what I am doing with my exercise.

Fab79

Will be taking classes 3 times/week for september
tu - Abs blast
We - Zumba
Fr - Hatha yoga
increasing water intake and start reducing sugar intake

Beany

I'm down 12 lbs! 15-20 lbs to go. I'm going to do the transition day of the 17 day diet tomorrow then restart cycle 1.
I'm starting JM 30 day shred on Saturday.

I roller set my hair over the weekend and it's in an updo now. I'm getting a much needed trim at the end of the month.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I started a water detox yesterday. So far I'm up 2lbs, but once my body gets used to the extra water I'll start losing again.

Aggie

Prepooed with an assortment of oils and butters - too much to remember.
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Biotin Thickening shampoo
Protein Conditioner - CJ Curl Rehab - turned out to be great after my initial bad reaction to it.
Moisture Conditioner - SSI Riche Moisture Masque - I love this one a lot, offers a really nice slip.
Leave-In - NG Hibiscus and Honey leave-in

Putting my hair in 3 big plaits under my wig for the day.

trclemons

Some ladies on my job walk 2 miles at the mall during lunch each day. I joined them 2 days this week and I will keep it up. This is in addition to my walking/jogging after work 2 days and yoga 1 day a week.

I think I need to reset my body, so I will find some kind of detox or cleanse.

Aggie

I hate inverting but I have to continue because I've been experiencing some great results from it and with that said I just completed day 1 (5 minutes with a 2 minute scalp massage using Netwurks 21) for September.

BellaRose

I am flunking my weight loss journey left, right and center. Weight lifting and eating the same way just don't add up. I'm looking like I'm maintaining and not losing. Former tight pants fits now but I still look fat but a little shapely. Does that make sense? I hope my description makes some sense.

Aggie

I don't think I've lost any weight in the last 2 weeks for sure...that's a little depressing especially since I've been having a real hard time during my cycle - I seem to gain at least 10lbs then :sad:.

I have been using Netwurks 21 on my scalp nightly this week and started my inversions last night and will be doing day 2 today.

Aggie

Just completed Day 2 of my inversions for September (5 minutes + 5 minutes scalp massage using Netwurks 21)

BellaRose

Good morning all!
Ok so just weighed myself this morning with no clothes or added hair to add to weight. Home scale (Smart Scale is the brand) is saying 68.7 kg which is converted to 151.45 lbs. I don't use that measurement though. It always measures me lighter. Will see what the pharmacy scale says to confirm.

Shelew

I forgot all about this thread. And as I forgot I gained 5.8 pounds :cry3:But I did start last week on a plan my son put me on and I lost 4.6. I will start exercising this week hopefully.

Hair I washed and dusted yesterday. It is coming along well. Although it's the same length it looks like it has filled in more and a true APL and not just pieces. My dh helped with dusting my hair and he was trying to turn into a scissor happy stylist saying this needs to be cut too:eek: but he did well lol

trclemons

Some ladies on my job walk 2 miles at the mall during lunch each day. I joined them 2 days this week and I will keep it up. This is in addition to my walking/jogging after work 2 days and yoga 1 day a week.

I think I need to reset my body, so I will find some kind of detox or cleanse.
I started my morning detox drink yesterday. I took 1 cup of room temperature water, squeezed 1/2 lemon, added 2 tbsp. of Bragg's vinegar & 2 squirts of raw, unfiltered honey.

I will do this every morning before I eat breakfast.