2016 Oils Butters Grease Lotions Cremes Pomades Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Used my hot mix on my scalp then steamed for 25 minutes. Man that feels so good!. Now sitting under dryer with protein DC mixed with SSA, Vatika and JBCO. Will twists my hair with Vatika and some creamy leave in.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I've finished mine @IDareT'sHair. I'm now using my shealoe butter mixed in with some ceramide oils. When that is done, I'll pop open my hemp seed butter. I might mix a separate container with maybe 3 different butters and some oils to further lubricate my hair.

I've been getting some tips from @Chicoro's YT channel on how to use certain products and they give me ideas on how to make products work together for optimal results.

@Aggie , I want know what ideas you got and what products you have working together and what are those optimal results, please !!?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie
Yes, please feel free to share if it will help us during this Active Challenge.

So, if it is some combos you've found that pertains to this Challenge/Thread, that might be helpful to someone in this Challenge, by all means, yes absolutely please share your research with us.

Aggie

@Aggie , I want know what ideas you got and what products you have working together and what are those optimal results, please !!?
@Chicoro

One of the greatest tips I've gotten from you is the ability to soften a shampoo, (I mean, who knew? I certainly didn't) your moisture drenched prepoo, mixing in aloe vera gel in products to add moisture and oils for lubrication. Now I do this to my body lotions, face creams, and my hair products. I know now that some oils are astringent-like and would not work best in certain mixtures. I like how you break things down even for a child to understand them.

Now based on what you've taught in your videos, I simply look at what the benefits of an oil or product are and just start mixing up stuff together because the fundamentals you teach helped me to know what to do in those regards to make it work best for 'my' hair. That's all. There's no one thing in particular, it's a compilation of everything.

Before, I didn't know you can mix so much things together to change it specifically for a certain result. I'm not afraid to now.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro

One of the greatest tips I've gotten from you is the ability to soften a shampoo, (I mean, who knew? I certainly didn't) your moisture drenched prepoo, mixing in aloe vera gel in products to add moisture and oils for lubrication. Now I do this to my body lotions, face creams, and my hair products. I know now that some oils are astringent-like and would not work best in certain mixtures. I like how you break things down even for a child to understand them.

Now based on what you've taught in your videos, I simply look at what the benefits of an oil or product are and just start mixing up stuff together because the fundamentals you teach helped me to know what to do in those regards to make it work best for 'my' hair. That's all. There's no one thing in particular, it's a compilation of everything.

Before, I didn't know you can mix so much things together to change it specifically for a certain result. I'm not afraid to now.

Attention: My post/reply is slightly off topic!
@Aggie,
Thank you for responding to me in so much detail. What you have written above is exactly what I try to communicate. My purpose is to provide knowledge and understanding so that individuals, like you Aggie, can make their OWN decisions regarding hair care and hair products-based on understanding and knowledge-and not guessing or going by what some marketing says. I want Black women to be autonomous, independent, empowered and powerful in their choices when it comes to their health, the beauty of their hair and the spending of their money. Because when you can rely upon yourself, that sets you on the path to loving and accepting yourself and feeling good about who you are and enables you to reach out and help others. ("You" is meant as in general in this last sentence.)

You, Aggie, 'GET' what I am doing. I am going to save this and print it because this serves as a confirmation and affirmation for me. I'm finally accepting and appreciating that I'm a teacher and a writer. I can't thank you enough. I'll let you lovely ladies stay on track and carry on in this thread!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Chicoro @Aggie :goodpost:

Ladies thank you for your great Posts. I'm certain, others like myself, will benefit from your wisdom.

Thank you for giving us your insight.

And I will definitely implement some of these suggestions as well as turn in more often to Chicoro's channel.

:thankyou:

Aggie

:kiss::kiss::kiss:
Attention: My post/reply is slightly off topic!
@Aggie,
Thank you for responding to me in so much detail. What you have written above is exactly what I try to communicate. My purpose is to provide knowledge and understanding so that individuals, like you Aggie, can make their OWN decisions regarding hair care and hair products-based on understanding and knowledge-and not guessing or going by what some marketing says. I want Black women to be autonomous, independent, empowered and powerful in their choices when it comes to their health, the beauty of their hair and the spending of their money. Because when you can rely upon yourself, that sets you on the path to loving and accepting yourself and feeling good about who you are and enables you to reach out and help others. ("You" is meant as in general in this last sentence.)

You, Aggie, 'GET' what I am doing. I am going to save this and print it because this serves as a confirmation and affirmation for me. I'm finally accepting and appreciating that I'm a teacher and a writer. I can't thank you enough. I'll let you lovely ladies stay on track and carry on in this thread!

:kiss: thanks bunches @Chicoro.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Yesterday: Rod set wet hair with
Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee + Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner mix
Ricitos de Oro styling gel

Today: SM High Porosity finishing mist on length
Mahabringraj oil on scalp & roots

trclemons

CW'd and LOCB'd with L = Cozy Moments Protein Mist, O = Queen Curls Safflower on length, Keravada Green Tea on scalp & Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO on edges, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on ends.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used:
Hydroquench Systems Coconut & Lime Oil to help detangle
Wheat Germ Oil before Cowashing
Flaxseed with my DC'er to Steam with
Rice Bran Oil with my Leave-In

After Dries: Siamese Twist Essential II Butter

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used:
Hydroquench Systems Coconut & Lime Oil to help detangle
Wheat Germ Oil before Cowashing
Flaxseed with my DC'er to Steam with
Rice Bran Oil with my Leave-In

After Dries: Siamese Twist Essential II Butter

Used Siamese Twists Sweet Potato Pie Hair Butter instead

Bajanmum

Ooops! I haven't kept up with my hair care. This year so far I've only managed to grease my scalp 4 times... Must do better.

Tonight I used my Rosemary JBCO and sulfur 8 mix on my edges and my thinning crown area.

Status
Not open for further replies.