2016 Oils Butters Grease Lotions Cremes Pomades Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

Diy caramel treatment (contains evoo and wgo)

Eta: Used sunflower oil with my DC (SM superfruit masque)

I'm thinking of doing a HOT with my amla/curry leaf oil. I gotta see how I feel.

Last edited:

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Going to make some new garlic infused olive oil today. I need to buy some citrus essential oils to mask the smell. I took a break from it because I started wearing my real hair for a little bit. Since I'm back to my wig braids I can apply it a lot easier.

Aggie

I just mixed up some MN, avocado oil, MSM, some gotu kola extract, onion oil, peppermint eo, lavender eo, black cumin oil, shake together and will oiling my scalp tonight for September's inversions.

I really want to buy some Banyan Botanicals Brahmi (from sesame) oil when this is all done to use on my scalp instead of the avocado oil. Brahmi and bhringraj goes well with my pitta dosha - cools me right down.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Homemade Tingle Oil (to finger detangle)
Pure Macadamia Nut Oil (as an Oil Rinse)
Pure Rice Bran (with my L-I)
QB CTDG
Sarenzo's Creamy Oil

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Y'all. I think I just have to stop with this garlic infused olive oil on my scalp. No matter how much of my essential oils I put in the smell is just ugh. I can't take it anymore lol.

So I'm just gonna start using my nutrine garlic shampoo and conditioner while I research other ways to use garlic for shedding.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Y'all. I think I just have to stop with this garlic infused olive oil on my scalp. No matter how much of my essential oils I put in the smell is just ugh. I can't take it anymore lol. So I'm just gonna start using my nutrine garlic shampoo and conditioner while I research other ways to use garlic for shedding.

@NaturallyBri87
My 'stinky' stuff I use as a Pre-Poo or Hot Oil Treatment on wash day. I save the Stank for at home use LOL.

You could try using it this way as a nice scalp massage before you proceed with your wash.

You could 'steep' some fresh garlic in water like you were making a "Tea" and do a Garlic Rinse and put your DC'er on top. Like I do with my Ginger (and Tea) Rinses. I rinse my hair with the Ginger or Tea and put the DC'er on top and Steam.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
@NaturallyBri87
My 'stinky' stuff I use as a Pre-Poo or Hot Oil Treatment on wash day. I save the Stank for at home use LOL.

You could try using it this way as a nice scalp massage before you proceed with your wash.

You could 'steep' some fresh garlic in water like you were making a "Tea" and do a Garlic Rinse and put your DC'er on top. Like I do with my Ginger (and Tea) Rinses. I rinse my hair with the Ginger or Tea and put the DC'er on top and Steam.

Thank you! I'm going to try the garlic rinse idea! and I'm going to try the hot oil treatment idea too

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Finger Detangling: Lee Stafford Growth Treatment
Will use: Apricot Oil
Leave-In: Texture Me Natural's Amla & Avocado Leave-In

Beany

Finished up that emu oil (was using it on my body too). This is a definite repurchase. I like that it gets semi solid (not hard like coconut oil). When I apply it to my scalp it doesn't drip everywhere. I have 2 scalp oil mixes open right now, but when I'm done with those I'm getting more emu oil.

Last edited:

Beany

@Beany
That Emu Oil mixture sounds mighty nice Ms. Beany!:lick:

Every time I've had Emu - I've blown straight through it. I may add it to my list for 2017.

Yes, get some more!
I have kj naturals tingle oil open and a banyan botanicals oil open right now AS SOON AS those are done I'm going right back emu oil. It's light, absorbs well, no scent, and my scalp feels nice. It has made staple status.

Status
Not open for further replies.