2016 - Steaming To Boost Moisture

jlatr

May I ask if Any of the frequent steamers apply gel and style hair after steaming? Or do you rinse? I'm going to try styling after 30 minutes of steam with devacurl decadence.

Nichelle_jb

May I ask if Any of the frequent steamers apply gel and style hair after steaming? Or do you rinse? I'm going to try styling after 30 minutes of steam with devacurl decadence.

I usually steam with a deep conditioner so I always rinse. I see no reason you couldn't apply your styling products right after steaming. Hmm... maybe I will try that as a way to refresh my wash-n-go.

Nichelle_jb

jlatr

I usually steam with a deep conditioner so I always rinse. I see no reason you couldn't apply your styling products right after steaming. Hmm... maybe I will try that as a way to refresh my wash-n-go.

Nichelle_jb
It turned out really well. The conditioner was completely absorbed and my hair was soft. It was already divided into 6 sections. I applied oil, detangled with a little Karen's body beautiful, and added uncle funkys daughters gel. It's in 6 twists with a towel for the night but I'll take a pic in the morning.

Is it too late to join this challenge/thread?

jlatr

Joining ...
1. How often you will steam?
Weekly
2. What method are you using to steam?
Standing steamer
3. What products will you steam with?
Curl junkie and Naturelle grow conditioners

Steamed today for 30 minutes with Naturelle grow mango and coconut water conditioner.

Honi

There is no board.
Jumping in. I don't know what kind of steamer I have but it's a standing one that I bought jumping on the bandwagon years ago then never really used it.

Steam Pre poo with conditioner mix (conditioner, coconut milk, avocado oil). Wash, then steam again with a deep conditioner and avocado oil mix.

Nichelle_jb

What do you think of this one. I have it, but haven't tried it yet. The Color always makes me laugh.

The color gave me pause.....but I really like it. It detangles my hair well (which is saying something because I'm natural). I like the fact that you can get it on the ground (Target and Sally's).

Nichelle_jb