2016 Use Up The Stash Challenge

Napturallypretty1908

Still protective styling with twists, finished up my Curls Blueberry Bliss Control Jelly. It was okay but not a repurchase. Since I am in twists I did purchase a leave in spray - Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave in Conditioner.

faithVA

Put all of the Creme of Nature Leave-in, in my spray bottle. It's not used up yet but getting close. It will definitely be gone by years end.

I was out of rinse out conditioner to use with my color so I bought a bottle of the generic Nexxus conditioner from Sally's.

I've been working away at the Teraveda Organix Carmeltini, Twist & Define Creme and the butter. Praying it will be gone my 12/31.

My sample stash keeps growing though. :ohwell:

Smiley79

Instead of buying detanglers and moisturizing sprays, I'm using up any conditioners that I'm struggling to finish by throwing it in a water bottle, adding some essential oils and shake it up and go. I am determined to use up my stash and this idea has been a big help.

trclemons

Instead of buying detanglers and moisturizing sprays, I'm using up any conditioners that I'm struggling to finish by throwing it in a water bottle, adding some essential oils and shake it up and go. I am determined to use up my stash and this idea has been a big help.

That's a good idea. Unfortunately, I have about 12 bottles of sprays to get through before I can start doing this.

Smiley79

finished
  • Design Essentials twisting cream
  • Shescentit honey butter cream moisturizer
  • As I an Coconut cowash x 2
  • Curls Blueberry moisturizer
  • Shea Moisture raw shea conditoner
  • Eco styler gel Argan oil
  • Sheamoisture Moisture retention shampoo

Next up on the "Almost finished" list:
  • Shescentit Avocado conditioner ( i will miss you)
  • Komaza Care Protein conditioner
  • Shea Moisture High Porosity masque

trclemons

Well, I backslid with all of these sales. So far, I have received one of the following:

1. Tukka Le Moka DC
2. Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea Spritz
3. Coconut, Argan, & Pink Eco Styling Gels
4. Girl & Hair ACV
5. Hair Yum Blueberry DC
6. J. Monique's Peppermint Prepoo
7. Keravada Crème Brulee Protein Leave In
8. Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla Butter
9. Obia Babbasu & Alikay Avocado DCs
10. Sprouted Curlies Washed Gorgeously Cowash
11. SSI Avocado Rinse Out Conditioner
12. Kinky Kashmere Knotty Refresher Spray
13. Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil
14. The Pomade Shop Peppermint Pomade
15. Curl Botanics Camillia Yogurt Cream Styler
16. CC's Natural Pink Sugar Body/Scalp Scrub
17. Jakeala's Toasted Marshmallow Sweet Honey Thang
18. Honey's Handmade Knot In My Fro Moisturizing Leave In
19. Cream & Coco Infused Pomegranate/Vanilla and Green Apple Tincture Oils
20. Hair Yum Protein Conditioner

Needless to say, I will be in this challenge again next year......

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I bought DD the TGIN Twist and Define Cream last month. She HATED it because it flaked all over the place and she said she didn't like the way her hair felt using it so I got her staple again, Cantu Argan Oil Leave In. I didn't want to use the TGIN myself because of the coconut oil, which I'm eliminating from my own hair care regimen, and it was too expensive to throw away, so I RETURNED it. I'm so happy I did. Got my $15.52 back. Also, I bought a sample size of SM Coconut and Hibiscus shampoo. I share shampoo with the rest of the family (DD, DH, and DS) and since I'm down to my last CON Argan poo from before the formula change, I'm keeping that only for myself until it's gone (#selfish). After it's gone we will all be using SM Argan poo.

faithVA

Used up the Teraveda Organix Carmeltini. I really had to be heavy handed to use it up. I blow dried with the Nubian Heritage Wrap Foam. Not sure if I will use it up before the end of the year. It contains glycerin. Why put glycerin in a setting foam? :perplexed:

Anyway. I'm going to twist with the Teraveda Twist Creme and use the butter on my ends. I'm still trying to use this twist creme up by the end of the year.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Used up Oyin Honey Hemp & SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor (not in original list).

Will only wash once more this year so that will be it. 38/40 products used this year which is not too bad.

Also, only purchased from one place BF/CM (SSI). Super proud of myself. I still want to buy stuff I just realize I don't need it. I think Ive been delivert for product junky-ism! Now to get through the damage :eek:

ALL IN FOR 2017 :alcoholics: