2016 Wig Challenge

natural2008

I haven't worn a wig or any type of fake hair in over 3 years...but y'all I had to break down and get those Outre BBH wigs. I ordered 4a kinky and 4c coily in 1b. Ended up ordering them off Amazon cause none of the sites I went to had both of them in 1b and the shipping costs were ridiculous.

I have 4c coily. Do you find the 4a is the same as the 4c? I would have thought the 4c would have been kinky and the 4a coily. I haven't worn her out the house yet.

Smiley79

Hopefully this weekend I will get around to making a wig. I have 3 wigs I need to get around to making.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Okay, so I finally got around to trying out Taraji. She is gorgeous, but I won't be able to wear her to work because I work in a restaurant. :cry3:

ms.tatiana

This Bria wig is acting up in the back, it's hella nappy so I didn't have time to order a new 1 online cause I needed a new wig fast lol. I'll post pictures cause I'll be wearing her tomorrow.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Short wigs must be really popular. I was stuck between Freetress Hania, It's A Wig Aku, Model Model Dream, and Bobbi Boss Copper and the only thing that decided which one I ordered was the fact that I could only find Aku in the color I wanted.

And I tossed that Outre one. I couldn't stand how it looked.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Short wigs must be really popular. I was stuck between Freetress Hania, It's A Wig Aku, Model Model Dream, and Bobbi Boss Copper and the only thing that decided which one I ordered was the fact that I could only find Aku in the color I wanted.

And I tossed that Outre one. I couldn't stand how it looked.
I have copper. I'm 99% sure I got it at locobeauty, don't know if you've tried them yet. I'm about to toss it. I've worn it since September (not daily) and I like it but it's super dense so it takes some tweaking and getting used to. It did not look this thick on YT. But it is a nice wig. Before I toss it, I may do a lazy hot water set with flexibility rods.

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, KJ Naturals & Shea hot oils on length and Carol's Daughter Hair Balm on ends.
DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with Bobeam Buttercream.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle.
CW'd with As I Am Coconut.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
R/O with ACV and Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB with CON Strength and Shine, QB Cocoa Tree, NJoy on scalp, Keirenae Honey Dipped on length and Kyra Shea Buttercream on ends.

I braided my hair in a beehive and I'm ready to go for another 2 weeks.

jasmyne14

Today I took out my canerows , clarified with shea moisture black shampoo and did a protein treatment with aphogee 2min treatment (left on for 30mins ) & conditioned with elasta qp deep conditioner , olive oil and Aussie moist mix (15mins under steamer and 15mins without) then airdried using banding method will post pics later .

toinette

Tricking the president
I have 4c coily. Do you find the 4a is the same as the 4c? I would have thought the 4c would have been kinky and the 4a coily. I haven't worn her out the house yet.
@natural2008

TBH, I think they both kind of have the same curl pattern except the 4c is shorter. But let me tell you, that wig is a freaking HIT!!!! EVERYONE at work thought it was my hair and I work with a few professional wigologists!! They could not tell. It just looked like my hair in a rod set. I haven't worn the 4a out at all cause I'm loving the 4c for now. Even the cut on the wig is perfection.

natural2008

@toinette - thank you so much for the wig review. I've not worn mine out of the house yet. I pulled apart the curls and all that. I like that it doesn't look shiny.

trclemons

Pre-poo'd cornrows overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd with Texture My Way Shea Butter & Olive Oil for 1.5 hours under the heat cap.
CW'd with DNA Hydrating.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
Rinsed Out with Blue Roze Strawberry ACV and Suave Shea & Almond Conditioner.
LCOB with Keirenae, BBB Sweet Milk, KJ MNatural's Tingly on scalp & HQ Coconut Mango on braids, and Alikay Shea Yogurt on ends.
Baggied, inverted and massaged for 4 minutes.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
My wig cornrolls have been in 4 weeks + and it should be time to take down and redo but I'm not in the mood for that process :confused:

I'm going to try and keep them in for another 4 weeks and see how my hair behaves.

Ladies, what's the max you would keep in a set of braids?

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
My wig cornrolls have been in 4 weeks + and it should be time to take down and redo but I'm not in the mood for that process :confused:

I'm going to try and keep them in for another 4 weeks and see how my hair behaves.

Ladies, what's the max you would keep in a set of braids?

I keep my cornrows in for 5-6 weeks at a time.