2016 Wig Challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
What kinds of damage are you suffering from, if you don't mind me asking?

The entire middle of my hair is gone. I had cut my hair evenly around June and all my progress is gone. I don't think my hair likes being left alone for so long. I wore wigs for a majority of the time and when I wasn't I wore a wash n go.

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & KJ Naturals Grow It Oil.
DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with J. Monique's Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Mask.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle.
CW'd with As I Am Coconut.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
R/O'd with Blue Roze Strawberry ACV & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Kereinae, Quemet Biologics Cocoa Tree, KJ Natural's Tingly on scalp & Keravada Pumpkin Pie on length, and Alikay Shea Yogurt on ends.

My hair does not like beehive braids, so I switched to 4 cornrows and hopefully this will work better. If it doesn't, then that means my hair does not like being left alone for 2 weeks and I will need to redo it each week.

prettywhitty

Ok so I purchased my first wig. It's Tess from Outre. It looks like my hair when blown out. I trimmed it and flatironed it. It's cute for the weekend. I have my eye on one that is shorter in length that I can use during the week.

trclemons

Prepoo'd at work under my wig with my AVJ spritz and Cream & Coco Moon Shimmer on ends.
DC'd under heat for an hour with SD Razzberry Coconut Affair.
Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural Lavender & Chamomile Sugar.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Naturelle Grow Ginger Peach, Quemet Biologics Cocoa Tree & Burdock Root, Keravada Pumpkin Pie on length & KJ Natural's Tingly on scalp and Alikay Shea Yogurt on ends.

I decided to wash my hair loose each week and I loss a lot less hair tonight. I braided my hair and I'm ready to go for the week.

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, KJ Natural's Grow It on length and Cream & Coco's Moon Shimmer on ends.
DC'd for an hour under the heat with a mix of Sweet Eddie by Nature's Desire Protein Mask and Kalpi Tone ayurvedic powder.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & Suave's Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Naturelle Grow's Ginger Peach, QB Burdock Root, Keravada Pumpkin Pie on length & KJ Natural's Tingly on scalp and Alikay's Shea Yogurt.

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil on scalp & Kyra's Shea Nutrition & Conditioner Butter on ends.
DC'd for an hour under the heat with KJ Naturals Neopolitan.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & SM Fruit Fusion.
LCOB'd with Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea, QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Keravada Warm Vanilla Sugar on length & Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil on scalp and Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla Butter on ends.

I am braided up and ready for another week of wigs!

trclemons

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & J. Monique's Peppermint Pre-Poo with Cherry Bark & Teas
DC'd for an hour under the heat with Hair Yum Blueberry Yogurt.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair & Kenya Moore Growth Repair.
Rinsed Out Blue Roze Strawberry Vinegar & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Curls & Potions Revitalizing Tea, QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and Wonder Curl Butter Than Love Whipped, Keravada Warm Vanilla Sugar on length & Curls Blueberry Bliss Growth Oil on scalp and Tree Naturals Citrus & Vanilla Butter on ends.

Leo24Rule

I thought I was in this challenge, but it appears not. Unofficially in this challenge then.

Been wearing my hair in a wig since last week. I don't have any hair problems (knock on wood); I'm just lazy with working 2 jobs & the gym...
Planning on wigging during the winter M-F to gain length & thickness.

Anyway, when I take my wig off at the end of the day my hairline itches crazy. I try not to scratch because I don't want to lose my edges. Does this happen to y'all? What are your recommendations?
Thank you.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I thought I was in this challenge, but it appears not. Unofficially in this challenge then.

Been wearing my hair in a wig since last week. I don't have any hair problems (knock on wood); I'm just lazy with working 2 jobs & the gym...
Planning on wigging during the winter M-F to gain length & thickness.

Anyway, when I take my wig off at the end of the day my hairline itches crazy. I try not to scratch because I don't want to lose my edges. Does this happen to y'all? What are your recommendations?
Thank you.
Do you sweat underneath your wig?

Leo24Rule

No.
I have my hair braided in pigtails with the LOCB method...then apply a generous amount of castor oil to my hairline

Leo24Rule

Nothing...
Wash every weekend.

No one in here experiences scalp & hairline itches when wearing a wig? My mom says she does & wears a half-wig everyday

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
@Leo24Rule If you're not wearing any sort of wig cap then the only thing I can think of is that the bare wig is too abrasive on your scalp. Maybe try wearing a wig cap or a satin band around your edges.

ClassyJSP

I just placed an order for about 3 more wigs that should carry me into the new year.

I found my old stylist's number so I plan on making an appointment for the weekend to get a protein treatment with a wash and blow-dry then i'll put my wig back on.