2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
@Bunnyhaslonghair I second that! :yep:
So looks like I was right. Didn't grow as much, my slow growth is becoming obvious now lol. But I'm progressing at least. As for the affirmations, my hair is slow on accepting that even. I was told that it could take anywhere from 1-3 months to start manifesting though. I just want my long hair already lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 89

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair is driving me crazy again! That part in the back of my hair that is APL and the rest in BSB. It's at least a 4 inch difference and I don't know what to do. If I cut and regret it there will be nothing I can do. I've looked over pics and my hair is nice at APL. But then all my styles that camouflage it I will not have: Messy Bun, well messy bun I'll still have but my two fluffy ponytails, bouncy ponytail, and the long ponytail w six braids in it... This is driving me crazy and has been for the last week! What would y'all do?
My left side grows much faster than the left. Trimming in sections was making it more noticeable, so now I trim my hair in a low ponytail straight across. I lose my length that way, but at least the shorter section is catching up. Maybe you can trim like that every few months. Or you can massage the short area with a growth aid.

GGsKin

My hair has me being super lazy. I'm on day 11 of this wash and go, and it still looks moisturised and defined, even with my (slowly dwindling) HIH. I don't know when I will wash yet...maybe Saturday. I'm conscious of the shed full of hairs that want to escape my mane.

Last edited:

apple_natural

Ok, so I did actually straighten the back. It is exactly APL if there was a line. I will aim to be very good with vitamins, exercise, and decent nutrition to support hair growth. Also, moisturizing and wearing a satin scarf....

GGsKin

Over the past 6 days, I've hennaed, DCd twice, clay washed, rinsed with rice water and steeped hibiscus. Someone at work actually complemented my scalp yesterday! Lol

I left my hair loose to dry and my ends (sealed with shea butter) were feeling a little tangy. Putting it up has helped relieve that.

GGsKin

I totally forgot about length checks. I'll try to take a pic (if not today, then soon).

I pulled out my APB UCS today and mixed some with garlic paste. I heated in a water bath and applied to my scalp and ends (don't really need garlic on my ends but I wanted to condition them too). It's all wrapped in cling film, a hot towel, foil, a bag, and scarf. Sitting for and hr. I'll rinse and clay.

Daina

Beautiful @Daina :drool:

I sprayed my ends with aloe Vera juice and slathered coconut oil from root to tips. I'm wearing a baggy for a few hours and I will wash it out tomorrow.

@Prettymetty, thank you! I just bought some AVJ and was curious on how to use it. I know my hair loves AV gel so I'm curious if it will respond to the juice. You've given me a great idea to pre-poo with it and Vatika oil, thanks!

GGsKin

Doing an impromptu DC tonight on dirty hair. Layering Mielle Organics B&M, APB UCS, and JBCO on roots and ends. Hair is in 10 twists, knotted and wrapped in cling film.

I'll rinse and clay in the morning.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
I had a dream I straightened my hair and it was chewed up neck length! :cry::cry::bricks:. What does that mean? I know people have the long hair dream and the relaxer hair dream. I've never heard of the set back shorter hair dream. Hopefully it's not a premonition of what's to come!
Ok so that dream got me serious and I've made some good changes. I'm hardcore protective styling and moisturizing thoroughly now. Yesterday I decided to retire my wet brush too since it may be causing damage and last night I had the long hair dream! So I'm taking that to mean I'm on the right track with the wet brush thing.

GGsKin

It was my first-time use of Aphogee 2 Step today. I did it Chicoro-style (by whisking it up into a creamy foam for 3mins). Applying was a breeze and there were no drippies. I blow dried until my twists were hard, and then rinsed.

I followed up with APB UCS, with JBCO on roots and ends and wrapped in cling film-hot towel-foil etc for heat. Upon take down, my hair had absorbed the conditioner- like no white was visible at all which is very rare for my hair.

On to my clay mix. I added a finger-full of APB PMM to this (yes a finger-full lol) and left on for about 40mins. I rinsed, then oil rinsed with grapeseed and wheatgerm oils. Styled with diluted KCCC.

apple_natural

I'm extremely concerned with my thin/ bald temple on my right. I saw it in a video and it looks so horrible. I'm contemplating transplant to fill it. I thought it thickened up after many many years, but now its missing again. I think not tying up my hair in the cause. It's very dry. Its also pulling although I only have it in two French braids. The edges are pulling

So I am considering filling it after I pay off my car. My only other possible choices are Rogaine, biosil, biotin, and castor oil. God knows I don't need any more chin whiskers or else I'll have a nervous breakdown, so I'm skeptical of putting Rogaine on my temple. However, I need to tend to this evil

Fotchygirl

My hair has been shedding excessively since my relaxer so I need to do a protein treatment today! Problem is I also have to attend a funeral of my friend's Mom. I just have to fit it in somehow.

apple_natural

@apple_natural have you also considered netwurks21? it's a spray that's all the rave right now and there is a thread about it. you should give it a try before forking out the money for a transplant.

Thanks! No, I haven't heard of it. With the same mindset of at least attempting a conservative solution first, I did end up ordering a spray a few days ago - L'emarie Intensive Energizing Scalp and Hair Growth Treatment with Ketoconazole, 1% Minoxidil and Biotin. It came today.

2 - 5% is the Rogaine main ingredient. I will just see if this 1% works

It came in today. Also, I bought the Biosil capsules I mentioned. I have biotin and castor oil already. I put the spray on twice today although it says to use it 2-3 times a week.

Fotchygirl

You should use a garlic shampoo and conditioner. Or do a tea rinse.
I like the idea of a tea rinse, will do it on Saturday thanks @shortdub78 . I did the protein treatment and my hair looks thicker because I air dried it. I seriously don't know where my hair would be without the ladies of this forum, probably still at a chewed up shoulder length!

Evolving78

I like the idea of a tea rinse, will do it on Saturday thanks @shortdub78 . I did the protein treatment and my hair looks thicker because I air dried it. I seriously don't know where my hair would be without the ladies of this forum, probably still at a chewed up shoulder length!
If you do the tea rinse, do use any protein that day, and use a very Moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner that day. Work with a clean scalp.

Queen Helene garlic shampoo and garlic pills helped curb some of my shedding after I had a baby.

Is it shedding, or is it breakage? Shedding is when the hair bulb is intact.