2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think I will repeat my exact wash day routine weekly until the end of this month. Coconut oil overnight with amla and brahmi, Therapiste prewash, Giovanni Ultra Moist shampoo and Thermasmooth dc.

The first week in June I'm doing a keratin treatment and afterwards I will most likely go back to using Kerastase deep conditioners.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hi ladies. Still trying to make BSL after cutting to APL back in November/December. I am still in my wigs. They are a little addicting honestly. I took down my cornrows to wash after about 4 weeks and my hair has grown about 2" since December. So from 11" it's about 13" in most spots. Hopefully I can grow/retain another two inches by the end of the year. I think tomorrow I will shampoo my cornrows with diluted shampoo and DC then sit under the dryer to dry.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Im thing of doing a black tea.rinse om friday or Saturday of this week. Although Im staying braided under my wig I want to make sure I dont shead to much. I have to get the rest of my vitamins on board.... I have to get everything in order during the summer, since I plan on going back to school in the fall.

apple_natural

Style: halo twist to a bun in the back. Have been wearing this all month and I intend on keeping it up because it's so easy and I don't want to pay any more attention to my hair style
Scarf wearing: more now that I'm using the temple spray stuff
Anti- Temple bald spot spray usage: excellent, pretty much every night or ever other
Biosil: taking two a day. This is going very well
Biotin: going very well
Prenatal: going very well
Opportunity for improvement :
Moisturize with leave in more

Last edited:

apple_natural

Acv rinse
Wash
Moisture dc

I had some super itchy scalp on the right. That made me do the rinse. It feels a bit better. My hair is super soft. Ends need moisture

I'll rinse the DC in a while. Oil ends, put the twists in a loose ponytail, and tie a scarf around the edges. Bun tomorrow. That's all.

GGsKin

I washed my hair last Tuesday (clay and moisture DC). I styled it with two canerows on top, the rest all clipped up in a banana clip, and it's been like that ever since. At night I spritz my hairline with NW21, add some water and cover with my scarf. I'll probably wash sometime this weekend.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Im still wearing my beehive braid. I was spraying it with nw21 spray every day or so. Adding hawiain silky and oil to it every now and then...
However, I just put my wig on and it will stay on for about 5 days (got to be glue). And I will just be leaving my hair alone during this time. I may try to spray my leave in mixture on the roots of my wig with hopes of the moisture seeping through to my hair to give it some moisture. My goal is to keep this going and not manipulating my hair for 6 to 8 weeks at a time... when I do take my wig off I will do a tea rinse on my hair without taking it down. I need to try to reduce the shedding I will get during my long term protective styling... I am also stepping up my vitamin game! So there is a method to my hair growth madness.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I had been in a sew in and hadn't really been caring for my hair underneath. Took the sew in out last week so I'm back. Used a shea Moisture conditioner as a leave in on my two strand twists. Then sealed my ends with castor oil

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to do a manic panic rinse this week, because the shades are bold...and the shine is bling. I can't decide between red or a bluish black.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Congrats @NaturallyBri87

How long did you leave your install in?
Your hair did grow fast.
Is this your normal growth rate or you think a combination of vitamins and protective style helped encourage more growth?

I had my sew in for two months. and from about a week after that flat iron pic until the end of march I wore my hair in a bunch of twists (like in the second pic) under a wig. Then I got the sew in.

This definitely isn't my normal growth rate though. The vitamins played a huge part. The protective styling helped but I would say the vitamins got me the fast growth in such short amount of time.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
I am soooo happy. This past weekend I got engaged. So for pictures I re did my beehive briad down. I am back in my wig after taking my hair down after 5 weeks in my first beehive braids. I will be wearing this for about 4 to 5 weeks. I will moisturize my hair every chance I get. But I will not manipulate my hair at all. (Other than massage my scalp) WL and beyoung for my wedding in 2018!

Daina

I am soooo happy. This past weekend I got engaged. So for pictures I re did my beehive briad down. I am back in my wig after taking my hair down after 5 weeks in my first beehive braids. I will be wearing this for about 4 to 5 weeks. I will moisturize my hair every chance I get. But I will not manipulate my hair at all. (Other than massage my scalp) WL and beyoung for my wedding in 2018!

Congrats!!!!