2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

apple_natural

Thanks!! And that fast growth is thanks to 2 months of Manetabolism vitamins and 3 months of Beautifully Bamboo

Wow! Congratulations!! Your hair is beautiful and you got great growth.

This is inspiration to keep up my vitamins and take better care of myself. Hopefully, my hair will grow as a result.

btw, have my hair under a wig. haven't been doing well on my vitamins or my diet and exercise for about a month.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Did a hot oil treatment with a a variety of carrier and essential oils. Then washed my hair with Naptural 85 DIY African Black Soap Shampoo recipe. Currently sitting in the dryer with my deep conditioner. I used up the last of my shea moisture yucca and balboa conditioner and mixed it with some honey and olive oil. Once I rinse this out I will spray some Mielle Oraganics leave in on my hair, retwist and put my wig back on lol. *hopefully repeat in two weeks :look:*

apple_natural

The most Ive done lately is wash, condition and rebraid half my cornrows. Putting my wig back on tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting a few more as well. I don't know why I didn't wear them in the winter and my clip in braid out style in the summer.

I think I threw my clip ins away by mistake too

GGsKin

I'm finally getting round to washing my hair tonight- it's been weeks- and I'm taking my sweet time.

I've shampooed with the Touch of Silver I have laying around, and I'm currently sitting with Mielle Organics Babassu Oil dc wrapped in cling film, hot towel, foil and baggy. Now, not to get too distracted by this show...

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Hi everyone, I am new here. I am exactly two years post relaxer (all natural). I am currently APL and I am hoping to gain some great tips from you wonderful ladies in hopes of being BSL or at least close to it by the beginning of next year.

I have trimmed my hair way more than I would have liked already for the year, so my aim is to keep scissors out of my hair. I keep my hair in 8 braids under wigs and I wash every 3 weeks. Additionally, the ends of my braids are heavily saturated with oil the day after wash day (when my hair is completely dry) and are baggied for the remaining 3 weeks. This has been my regimen since December of 2016. I hope to incorporate the inversion method and scalp massages, along with taking Manetabolism.

GGsKin

I haven't done a length check on my hair but it feels stagnant at the moment. It seems to have thickened up a bit and is hanging slightly flatter/longer on one side smh. Inversion and massage have been almost non-existent so I'll get back on that, I will... I've also just restarted taking MSM, and a new-to-me brand of collagen. Been drinking lots of water as always.

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
Goodness have I been MIA lol. Just doing a quick check in with changes.

I'm now restarting my msm only this time I'll be taking powder form and with vit C. I heard the combo is best plus powder form is easier for me to take. No more hsn vitamins though. Also my hair isn't feeling the L'Oréal brand still so I'm not gonna purchase any more and will stick with coconut organix instead. Hmm hair length...haven't checked in a while with my measuring tee but I'll try to do so this weekend! My hair has grown so that's great. Hope all my USA girls had a great 4th!

Got my progress pic. My hair was a hot mess but better than nothing lol!:giggle:

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

apple_natural

I got my 530 Janica wig on today. I'm thinking I prefer the DR30... at least for summer. This one is pretty, but it is dark. Its a little fun because its like a dark pink color, but I'm still trying to get used to it. I think I don't like it that much because it seems shorter and/or thinner than my dr30 somehow.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm not sure if I will wash my hair today or tomorrow. I massaged my scalp last night with an ayurveduc coconut oil blend.

I really wanted the Pura D'or shampoo to work for me, but it turned out to be a waste of money and time... I am going back to Giovanni Ultra Moist shampoo.

I figured out why my hair looks so blah all the time when straightened. I wasn't curling my ends to show off my layers. It makes a world of a difference. Sure, it looks a tad shorter, but the thickness and swing is on point.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
I am afraid to do a length chk..... I'm mean seriously!!!! So my aviator is from Feb of this year.... I know my hair doesn't feel to me like it has gotten any longer... I keep my hair in this beehive and I spray my moisturizer on it every other night or morning. I take some sort of vitamin daily (I live the pills in different places in the house, so matter where I am I can take a vitamin.) But I really don't see any real change in my hair... NO I did not measure it or anything... But I look at the length of this stupid braid coming out the top of my head and it looks like its the same as every time that I have done it since I have been going hard.... So I have really gotten serious since May of this year. I mean like no games, I keep it in a protective style and I moisturize every other day, I got vitamins on deck, I massage my scalp 2-3x's a week and I keep it covered with a silk cap...I even do the greenhouse effect with oil 2x's a month..... What am I doing wrong?
Which ever way it goes I have to do a length chk when I take this braid down in the next week or 2....

Caramel74

It's gone back to CBL. I'm not worried about length anymore, just thickness and health. I can still do all my PS's because it's all one length. Sorry no pics, I tried to take one but it disappeared. That hole is gone, that awful collick is gone. Those crazy length differences, gone! Just healthy thick CBL hair.

King of Sorrow

It's gone back to CBL. I'm not worried about length anymore, just thickness and health. I can still do all my PS's because it's all one length. Sorry no pics, I tried to take one but it disappeared. That hole is gone, that awful collick is gone. Those crazy length differences, gone! Just healthy thick CBL hair.

Thinking of doing the same thing by the end of the year. The back is a little past APL while the front is just past chin length and the middle somewhere in between.

I've cut my hair down to a TWA every 3-4 years for the almost 20 years and have always dealt with different lengths as it grows out. My hair is thin and fine and I wonder if part of my frustration with it is due to these disparate lengths.

ClassyJSP

My hair has been in braids for the past 3 weeks and I have no desire to take them out. Actually the thought of having to sit down and do my hair is too much right now since i'm taking classes and have family in town. Having braids in for 3 weeks is my max so I may wash my hair and make another appointment to have it braided this time in jumbo box braids.

Caramel74

Thinking of doing the same thing by the end of the year. The back is a little past APL while the front is just past chin length and the middle somewhere in between.

I've cut my hair down to a TWA every 3-4 years for the almost 20 years and have always dealt with different lengths as it grows out. My hair is thin and fine and I wonder if part of my frustration with it is due to these disparate lengths.
My hair is thin as well and I believe this is why its so problematic.

King of Sorrow

I like the thickness but figuring out that pyramid head look is a little challenging. Straight yes, curly no. So its back in a messy bun or two buns.

LOL! That pyramid shape is what's holding me back. I'm thinking I'm gonna be in a wig, braids, or stretched style for at least a year or two after the cut. Until my hair can fall below my shoulders when curly.

I'll be sure to follow your progress!

Caramel74

LOL! That pyramid shape is what's holding me back. I'm thinking I'm gonna be in a wig, braids, or stretched style for at least a year or two after the cut. Until my hair can fall below my shoulders when curly.

I'll be sure to follow your progress!
In November I should be Apl and will look forward to monthly domican blowouts and bi-weely rendevous w my curling iron once this humidity gets out of my hair.
:lachen:

apple_natural

I haven't done a length check on my hair but it feels stagnant at the moment.

Ditto

my hair is just not growing, but i'm pretty sure my nutrition is garbage. i FINALLY made a ketogenic diet plan for the week AND i went to the grocery store (that is a victory in itself) AND i got only organic fruits and high quality salmon from the butcher AND i actually made the meals I planned (although I was up all night).

Success.... will this support some hair growth?... hopefully. i still have those vitamins i need to get serious about

GGsKin

Ditto

my hair is just not growing, but i'm pretty sure my nutrition is garbage. i FINALLY made a ketogenic diet plan for the week AND i went to the grocery store (that is a victory in itself) AND i got only organic fruits and high quality salmon from the butcher AND i actually made the meals I planned (although I was up all night).

Success.... will this support some hair growth?... hopefully. i still have those vitamins i need to get serious about

You are much more organised than I am. I feel you on the nutrition. I've had some kind of bug this past week that diminished my appetite to meh. But after my meal this evening:dinnertime:, I think I'm easing back nicely :eat:.