2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

apple_natural

HA! I was actually thinking of box braids myself.

I'm getting my braces off in 6 weeks - 9/8... of course I have made this into a MINI CHALLENGE! - 6 goals for 6 weeks
1. wear my bands (on my braces)
2. take all my daily vitamins everyday
3. post a comment in here
4. get at least 7 hours of sleep
5. drink 60 oz of water
6. spray moisture or condition my hair everyday

I will straighten my hair the night before the debonding appointment

apple_natural

My personal 6 in 6 mini challenge:
1. go my bands on
2. took my vitamins last night
3. here's my comment for the day
4. i think i went to sleep at 12 and got up at 7:30, but i kept waking up throughout the night.
5. i think i had 56oz of water yesterday. 4oz under my goal of 60, but i will take it. its like an A-
6. i sprayed a leave-in on my hair. i miss my Vo5 leave in days. I think i may bring that back just for kicks.

I try to exercise in a wig, but.. i guess i just dont like this one. i dont really want to wear it. idk what else to do

what do you guys do with your hair during exercise?

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My personal 6 in 6 mini challenge:
1. go my bands on
2. took my vitamins last night
3. here's my comment for the day
4. i think i went to sleep at 12 and got up at 7:30, but i kept waking up throughout the night.
5. i think i had 56oz of water yesterday. 4oz under my goal of 60, but i will take it. its like an A-
6. i sprayed a leave-in on my hair. i miss my Vo5 leave in days. I think i may bring that back just for kicks.

I try to exercise in a wig, but.. i guess i just dont like this one. i dont really want to wear it. idk what else to do

what do you guys do with your hair during exercise?
I just put it in a bun or high pony. Sometimes I cover it with a scarf, sometimes just a headband

apple_natural

My 6 goals for 6 weeks
1. Bands✔... my teeth hurt though
2. I got vitamin D chocolate candy vitamins..yummm. my mom used to give some like this to me
4. I think I actually need 9 hrs of sleep. 7 is not enough. 9 helps me wake up faster in the morning
5. drank so much water today and I'm still thirsty
6. Moisturized my hair

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
Soooooo, my edges are missing, its only on the right side but I think my hair was braided down to tight. (Salon) I just wanted to make sure it would last 6+ weeks. And now my hair on the right side is gone... Now what??? UPDATE MY REGIMEN: For the tje next 2 weeks I will try to only bun my hair and not put tension on my edges. Im going to start with a good protien treatmemt tomorrow. I will redo and deep condition my hair every 2-3 days, also Im trying the NJoy pomade for the next cpl of weeks... If I notice it helps I will try the growth oil as well... Im always open to suggestions...! :bye::cry::cry::cry::darkcloud::darkcloud:

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
@NCHairDiva there is a whole challenge thread on ends and edges and the bald spot protocol, when you keep plastic on your head for days or weeks at a time. Others have use JBCO straight or mixed with EOs, massaged into the trouble area until it had recovered.

Thank you, I am about to go there and pray to the Hair Gods that I can bring it back together. My hair looks a real mess missing the edges. Im sooo embarrassed. My fiance noticed it yesterday and asked what happened. Then saw the expression on my face and was like..."Its not that bad, lets go get smoothies and have an early date night"... So I know it looks bad...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Welcome to the challenge @KidneyBean86 !!

Tonight I massaged my scalp with essential oils in grapeseed oil and I put a little grapeseed oil on my ends as well. I inverted for a minute to get more circulation.

My nails are growing so fast and look so much healthier. I had to trim them tonight. Based on my crinkly roots my hair is growing too.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have been wearing my own hair all Summer! It's too hot for wigs and It was becoming an extra expense. Now I just wash and dc twice a week. I wear updos mostly.

I'm still around mbl and hopefully I will get near waist length by the end of this year.

My advice to all of you is to make time for yourself. My hair suffered in the past, because I felt selfish for having a 2 hour wash day once a week. I would put off wash day for weeks at a time. My poor scalp and ends weren't having it.

GGsKin

I massaged my head tonight. I've been busy with work and haven't been able to do much to my hair since the last weekend of July.

I refreshed my wng last night by dampening, doing a light detangle, and adding a little more gel. This should get me through to the weekend. I'm looking forward to washing my hair and I really wanna do another henna treatment. I hope nothing comes up.