2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Woo.

It seems like I'm having some kind of setback, perhaps, from the flat twist out my brother's friend gave me.

She was overconfident! She would not apply product beyond my roots, she twisted very tiny, and she twisted very close to my scalp.

I have tangles, breakage, and shedding.

I'm prepooing under heat, then I'll DC.

I'm considering going in around the end of December and getting a significant trim. It just depends on whether my hair seems to recover or not.

I'm staying positive. I'm focusing on technique and new products that will arrive. I'm not going to live obsessed with every little issue/incident, but rather learn from them quickly and keep it moving and fun and happy.

#2018hairmotto:Iamhappywiththisgorgeoushair

(Can hash tags be long and contain introductions and colons??? :look:)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Woo.

It seems like I'm having some kind of setback, perhaps, from the flat twist out my brother's friend gave me.

She was overconfident! She would not apply product beyond my roots, she twisted very tiny, and she twisted very close to my scalp.

I have tangles, breakage, and shedding.

I'm prepooing under heat, then I'll DC.

I'm considering going in around the end of December and getting a significant trim. It just depends on whether my hair seems to recover or not.

I'm staying positive. I'm focusing on technique and new products that will arrive. I'm not going to live obsessed with every little issue/incident, but rather learn from them quickly and keep it moving and fun and happy.

#2018hairmotto:Iamhappywiththisgorgeoushair

(Can hash tags be long and contain introductions and colons??? :look:)
No special characters. Just letters and numbers (regarding hashtsgs).

apple_natural

I had negative energy before because I was upset about not braiding my hair, however I am happy that I deep conditioned it and put on lots of moisturizing products in preparation for braiding although I put it in a bun instead. I think I'll wear a plastic bag to do a greenhouse kind of thing tonight... so in that way this was a score

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy I was reading the holy grail forum and you stated you got the marine collagen is it still working wonders for you? In your opinion is it worth it?

TIA

I'll never be without collagen. For the effects on my joints and skin, though. Taking collagen has me bounding up stairs effortlessly. I'm in my 40s, but my knees are like they're in their 20s.

I haven't been able to tell what it's doing for my hair. My nails had improved some, from the collagen, but then I watched that What's the Health documentary and my nutrition levels got disturbed. I think going vegan through threw things off.

The collagen definitely improved my skin, too.

Last edited:

apple_natural

can i ask the same question i've asked for however long its been since the site update and even before that...

how do i upload photos on here!!? lol

Evolving78

can i ask the same question i've asked for however long its been since the site update and even before that...

how do i upload photos on here!!? lol
I don’t have an issue anymore, but when you wanna post to the thread, hit the upload a file button. Your phone may need to be updated, or you may need to resize your pics.
Also try using the site’s photo album, I think you will be able to resize from there, you can copy the link to the photo, then post it in your post.

MizzBFly

I know I made my goal of MBL ...woot woot!
I had a horrid blowout job after a Henna gloss which wasn’t smooth :thought:(I didn’t plan my wash day and family outings right) SMH
My hair was a crispty, crackery mess - in Kat Williams voice...lol

My last blow dry was November 2016. I’ve trimmed throughout this year & will trim again 1/2 in - 1 inch SSK are EVIL:tantrum:F28F827D-38DF-42A3-AE62-5DD283079F2E.jpeg

Last edited:

faithVA

I know I made my goal of MBL ...woot woot!
I had a horrid blowout job after a Henna gloss which wasn’t smooth :thought:(I didn’t plan my wash day and family outings right) SMH
My hair was a crispty, crackery mess - in Kat Williams voice...lol

My last blow dry was November 2016. I’ve trimmed throughout this year & will trim again 1/2 in - 1 inch SSK are EVIL:tantrum:View attachment 417453
Love all of that big hair. Congratulations.

shanelallyn30

:lachen::lachen::lachen::pulpdance:get it girl!!!

I just went out and bought some today to go in my morning protein. from what I read the benefits people have been receiving for their health alone have been so great no one even seems to have paid attention what it has done for their hair.

oh I need to watch that. I love documentaries. thank you again

I'll never be without collagen. For the effects on my joints and skin, though. Taking collagen has me bounding up stairs effortlessly. I'm in my 40s, but my knees are like they're in their 20s.

I haven't been able to tell what it's doing for my hair. My nails had improved some, from the collagen, but then I watched that What's the Health documentary and my nutrition levels got disturbed. I think going vegan through threw things off.

The collagen definitely improved my skin, too.

Evolving78

I’m such a PJ! Lol I got some CON 7-1 leave-in and Silk elements cholesterol conditioner. I bought the 7 in 1 in the past, but i didn’t remember being wowed by it. I tried it last night, and I like it again. I wanted to see what was the hype about cholesterol conditioners. I haven’t used that in years. Maybe 5-7? I think? I was going to get the hair mayo by silk Elements. I will still get it though and put it in my protein collection.

I’m doing my hot oil treatment now, and will wash my hair with Silk Elements shampoo and deep condition with the cholesterol.

Evolving78

Ok so I got the Silk Elements Mayo and the CON again Oil moisturizing lotion. Since I’m going to try to incorporate cowashing into my Reggie, I got the Long & Luxe growash. I also got the Silk Elements pre scalp treatment. I have been using a lot of oil, so I wanna see if this will help with breaking some of that up before shampooing.
My Reggie this winter is all about bunning, so my products will be a heavier.
I don’t plan on heat styling my hair anymore, until April. I know I say this all of the time, but since I don’t plan to wear my hair out until then, there is no point.
So Reggie will be
Wash day 1 Shampoo, dc with either protein, or moisture, detangle, leave-in, dry under hooded dryer, moisturize and bun

Wash day 2 will be cowash, rinse out conditioner, detangle, etc..

During the week I will M&S and do my oil scalp massages.

I will trim as needed. My ends look pretty good. I dusted a bit.

I got some makeup and head wraps if I feel like I need to be jazzy.

shanelallyn30

we have similar reggies! I just clay wash on sundays though, but the bunning and cowashing and buttering my ends is the truth. I got the cutest head bands to spice it up cause buns are so boring lol.

Ok so I got the Silk Elements Mayo and the CON again Oil moisturizing lotion. Since I’m going to try to incorporate cowashing into my Reggie, I got the Long & Luxe growash. I also got the Silk Elements pre scalp treatment. I have been using a lot of oil, so I wanna see if this will help with breaking some of that up before shampooing.
My Reggie this winter is all about bunning, so my products will be a heavier.
I don’t plan on heat styling my hair anymore, until April. I know I say this all of the time, but since I don’t plan to wear my hair out until then, there is no point.
So Reggie will be
Wash day 1 Shampoo, dc with either protein, or moisture, detangle, leave-in, dry under hooded dryer, moisturize and bun

Wash day 2 will be cowash, rinse out conditioner, detangle, etc..

During the week I will M&S and do my oil scalp massages.

I will trim as needed. My ends look pretty good. I dusted a bit.

I got some makeup and head wraps if I feel like I need to be jazzy.