2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

apple_natural

DUUUUDE!!! i'm joining a BSL challenge :toocool::afro::toocool:!!! i dont care if i end up barely grazing BSL by a single strand knot. i'm going for it!

I dont have a regimen really. i just try to take some vitamins when i think of it and I want to be better about conditioning once or twice a week.

I'm struggling with when or if I should straighten this year.

Last edited:

Caramel74

I took a morning booty pic for y all. This is airdryed in my ponytail w 5 braids in it. I used the curling iron on the front. I was trying to look nice for work and I do get aggravated w my tight kinky curls often. I took it down after work and let it dry the rest of the way in a bun, switching that around so I could be comfortable.

Attachments

• LHCF 3 Jan 17.jpg
    LHCF 3 Jan 17.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 58

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
Hey I got a quick question for y'all... what do you think (or know from experience) is a better oil to guard against breakage? Avocado oil or grapeseed oil? I was lead to believe penetrating oils were best for hot oil treatments--and I use the term "hot" loosely. However my YouTube Hair idol, sistawithrealhair claims grapeseed (Napa Valley) works best for length rentention/elasticity. And she obviously has proof. Different strokes for different folks perhaps, but what do you think about this oil? :thought:

apple_natural

hmmm.... i should try oil on my hair. i tried some in the past, but i didn't like it for some reason. it just sits there. maybe i dont use it correctly. maybe i should focus on that :)

I have jojoba oil, but i use that to mix perfume. i would use olive oil, but it has such a heavy scent. does grapeseed or avocado oil have a strong scent?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
hmmm.... i should try oil on my hair. i tried some in the past, but i didn't like it for some reason. it just sits there. maybe i dont use it correctly. maybe i should focus on that :)

I have jojoba oil, but i use that to mix perfume. i would use olive oil, but it has such a heavy scent. does grapeseed or avocado oil have a strong scent?
Grapeseed oil doesn't have a scent. I don't remember if avocado oil smells or not.

GGsKin

I'd like to join! My hair is natural, I'm a slow grower and my longest layers are APL.
Regimen:
I wear my hair in a wng 100%, unless I decide to wig it- getting rarer.
Clay wash/ water rinse at least once a week- currently looking like every 8-10 days.
DC once a week moisture, protein as necessary.
Henna every so often.
Xcel21, scalp massage, baggying and inversion.
It was difficult taking these pics by myself but I wasn't patient enough to wait for help lol.Instasize_0104200720.jpg

Aggie

I'd like to join! My hair is natural, I'm a slow grower and my longest layers are APL.
Regimen:
I wear my hair in a wng 100%, unless I decide to wig it- getting rarer.
Clay wash/ water rinse at least once a week- currently looking like every 8-10 days.
DC once a week moisture, protein as necessary.
Henna every so often.
Xcel21, scalp massage, baggying and inversion.
It was difficult taking these pics by myself but I wasn't patient enough to wait for help lol.View attachment 384621
Good job honey

leona2025

Do you have any pics @leona2025?

Hi here are pictures before and after the cut of the front. I made a thread about my semi big chop lol.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Just updating on the Beautiful Textures Texture Manageability System I did on 12/29. It really seems to be holding up. My roots are still 90% straight despite humidity (mild) and me working out 4 times so far this week. (I'm 16 weeks post.) Without the system, my flat ironed hair would NEVER have withstood that.

I will definitely use the system again. The truer test will be this summer and spring when the humidity really kicks in high gear.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Yesterday I moisturized my twist using the crown & glory method with my sponge. My mix was distilled water, aloe vera juice, honeyquat, silk aminos, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and ylang ylang oil. Then I baggied for a few hours then sealed with an oil mix of argan, castor, coconut, and jojoba oil. My twist feel nice and moisturized :yep:.

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
@Prettymetty I noticed you put color in your hair, so I'll direct this question to you (I know I have questions back to back lol). What product should I buy that is good at getting demi & semi-permanent color out of my hair? I had been experimenting throughout Spring and Summer and now I barely notice any color showing up when I colored my hair the last 2 times. My starter pic in the Xcel thread made me notice a big difference in how well my color used to show.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty I noticed you put color in your hair, so I'll direct this question to you (I know I have questions back to back lol). What product should I buy that is good at getting demi & semi-permanent color out of my hair? I had been experimenting throughout Spring and Summer and now I barely notice any color showing up when I colored my hair the last 2 times. My starter pic in the Xcel thread made me notice a big difference in how well my color used to show.
There is a product at Sally's specifically for removing semi and demi permanent color. I want to say it's called Color Oops. Another thing you can do is mix vitamin c crushed tablets in with your shampoo and let it sit a few minutes.