2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
I've had some intervention to curb my spending for this hair growing project :supergrin:. So what I'm gonna do is stop my repurchasing of some of the Eqyss products, namely the shampoo and conditioner. I refuse to cut out my MT or leave-in conditioner though. I'm swapping them for a store brand that's said to be pretty good: L'Oréal Triple Resist shampoo and conditioner. Supposedly cuts back on hair breakage/shedding, fortifies hair and may even assist with growth. I fig my very fine hair could use all the help it can get so I can reach my goal for the year (and get to TBL for that matter) since it's prone to split ends. Thankfully I do have much healthier hair than I used to a couple years back.

If anyone is interested here's a YouTube link to see someone's trial:
Again it's a store brand and may have SLS but I'm more concerned about strengthening my strands more than anything.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I've been using L'Oreal Advanced Extreme and Total Repair 5 shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner plus their sulfate-free moisture shampoo for almost a year now and I love them. If only they made a Leave-in compatible for me I'd be all set!
I've had some intervention to curb my spending for this hair growing project :supergrin:. So what I'm gonna do is stop my repurchasing of some of the Eqyss products, namely the shampoo and conditioner. I refuse to cut out my MT or leave-in conditioner though. I'm swapping them for a store brand that's said to be pretty good: L'Oréal Triple Resist shampoo and conditioner. Supposedly cuts back on hair breakage/shedding, fortifies hair and may even assist with growth. I fig my very fine hair could use all the help it can get so I can reach my goal for the year (and get to TBL for that matter) since it's prone to split ends. Thankfully I do have much healthier hair than I used to a couple years back.

If anyone is interested here's a YouTube link to see someone's trial:
Again it's a store brand and may have SLS but I'm more concerned about strengthening my strands more than anything.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been using L'Oreal Advanced Extreme and Total Repair 5 shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner plus their sulfate-free moisture shampoo for almost a year now and I love them. If only they made a Leave-in compatible for me I'd be all set!
I do the same thing with my shed strands! I keep the hair in zip lock bags and I label with a sharpie. It's a great way to really track how my hair/scalp responds to a product.

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
Hey again, lovelies... just giving you notice that if you are considering the Split Ender you can certainly obtain an authentic product from eBay! For less than what you pay at the retailer site (including shipping). I got mine last night :yahoo:and it is definitely the real deal and was brand new with the plastic encasing around the box, manuals, distributor poster (if you're a salon owner), etc. The seller wasn't joking in the description of the product lol. :yep:

Look for the seller named beauty-pro. Located in NY.

long.hair.dont.care

I did an oil rinse + shampooed and conditionned two nights ago.
Yesterday, I did a black henna treatment on my ends, I was tired of seeing that old dye job.
Shampooed and Conditionned that out with warm water...
My hair is now in celie braids, coated in grapeseed oil and I've been spraying NW21 in the parts since the January 1.

Gonna cornrow my hair after I m&s later and start wiggin it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm joining. I don't have an updated pic, but see my avi. That's pretty much where I'm at...the same as usual. :rolleyes:

Regimen: Trying out weaves and wigs w/cornrows in for 4-6 weeks.
I have had this weave in for 4 weeks now. I'm going to try to push in one to two more weeks before I remove it. I'll take a little one to two week break and redo the weave or get a wig (depends on how I feel.)

Today I washed and moisturized the hair and my own hair underneath. Dried it under my LCL dryer.

long.hair.dont.care

Spring semester starts Monday. .
I'm so not ready, but it's my final semester to graduate. Yay! I'm thinking about going under wigs for the entire semester for simplicity's sake. If I find a nice wig, I'm going to go for it.

Anybody have any curly/kinky wig suggestions?

Good for you, thats awesome :)
Check out: Outre big beautiful hair... they have the quick weave, lace front and if youre into making it yourself theres the purple pack. Lots of reviews on Youtube.

Aggie

@long.hair.dont.care
Whoa baby! I am loving this wig in the 4a and 3c styles! I'm checking out these girls on YouTube rocking it out! It's definitely what I'm going with. Thanks again for the suggestion. I had never seen this line by Outre.
I have the 4A and I have had the 4C and 3C in this brand. They felt a little heavy on my head so I won't be repurchasing them. They're alright though.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@long.hair.dont.care
Whoa baby! I am loving this wig in the 4a and 3c styles! I'm checking out these girls on YouTube rocking it out! It's definitely what I'm going with. Thanks again for the suggestion. I had never seen this line by Outre.
2 of my faves. Currently wearing the 4A or 4B can't remember but everybody thinks it's my real hair. This lady was blowing her horn at a red light like crazy to tell my she liked my hair lol. Definitely recommend them. I haven't quite gotten 3c shaped to my liking but I'm working on it.

Daina

@SweetestChick, thank you! No special brand just the Goody magnetic rollers from the BSS. I'm putting a more detailed update in 2017 setting to success thread. I think I can definitely do this once per month. Takes my hair a while to dry and I'm not the biggest fan of sitting under a dryer.