2017 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I still haven't washed my hair. Between meal prepping, trying to exercise and going to work I haven't had the time. My wash day is a 2-3 hour process.

My steps:
I lather twice
Towel blot
Apply DC from ends to roots
Cover with a cap and turban for 30 mins
Rinse and air dry 50%
Unravel each braid, detangle and Moisturize
Braid it back

GGsKin

Resisting the urge to trim these scraggy looking ends I have (especially at the front) is soooo hard:fistshake:. As I see no noticeable splits, I keep trying to focus on the fact that all strands do not grow at the same rate and the others will eventually catch up:hair:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
How do you maintain your hair underneath
I use an applicator bottle with diluted shampoo and get under the net to the braids. Then I do the same with some leave in. I have a hood dryer to dry my hair because I don't want it to become mildewed.

I'm about to put my hair in cornrows and wear a wig though because the weave was kind of hard to get to my scalp and I took it out on my own and that wasn't fun. Next time, I'll let the stylist take it out for me.

Aggie

I washed my hair this morning with 22nd Century Shampoo Bar and now DCing with 22nd Century Deep Conditioner under a plastic cap while at work all day today with my wig on top, of course.

I won't have time to DC tomorrow because I have an all day women's seminar to attend.

ETA: Looks like I'll be sleeping with this DC in my hair tonight because it's too late for me to deal with my hair right now. I just got off from a 13.5 hour day at work and ain't no way I'm washing my hair tonight :nono:.

ladybevy

Yesterday I washed my hair. I was going to wait at least 2 weeks (since I relaxed my hair just a week ago) but I needed a wash. Shampoo with SM Moisture Retention, then did a protein treatment with HydraTherma Naturals Protein Conditioner then DC under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes with Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Deep Conditioner. Used Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In then air dried. My hair was soft and bouncy.

I'm really thinking about getting that Xcel 21. With all the positive reviews so far, I think I might get it soon.

apple_natural

I washed my scalp... monday i think. I took a section of twists down to redo them. I had a terrible tangle. I tried to save some strands.

I took all the twists down today. I didn't have any other tangles like that.

It's soft and not breaking. I clipped my ends on the stretched hair so that any bad ends wouldn't cause tangling when I wash it and DC today.

Got some packets of shea moisture (pink) to give shea moisture another chance. The basic kind was not moisturizing to me. It just weighed my hair down and it still felt dry somehow. I didn't like it. Tried it several times and same thing.
Got their pink packs this week just because they're pink and maybe ill get different results

I'm thinking of a halo braid style this week.

Having product junkie fever... and baby fever but that's another story...
I want to make some flax seed gel.
I think I need some curlformers. I like the semi defined look they give on 4b hair lol.
I don't have a pibbs. I want one, but I have a hairdryer already
I don't have a blow dryer with comb, but I'm not sure I want to straighten my hair this year.
Oh and I also ordered some kinky clip ins

Last edited:
I use an applicator bottle with diluted shampoo and get under the net to the braids. Then I do the same with some leave in. I have a hood dryer to dry my hair because I don't want it to become mildewed.

I'm about to put my hair in cornrows and wear a wig though because the weave was kind of hard to get to my scalp and I took it out on my own and that wasn't fun. Next time, I'll let the stylist take it out for me.

OMG! I'm sorry to hear that.
I did a garlic prepoo treatment followed by a deep conditioner. Used APB UCS for the first time .

How did you like the garlic PrePoo treatment & how did you do it?

I washed my scalp... monday i think. I took a section of twists down to redo them. I had a terrible tangle. I tried to save some strands.

I took all the twists down today. I didn't have any other tangles like that.

It's soft and not breaking. I clipped my ends on the stretched hair so that any bad ends wouldn't cause tangling when I wash it and DC today.

Got some packets of shea moisture (pink) to give shea moisture another chance. The basic kind was not moisturizing to me. It just weighed my hair down and it still felt dry somehow. I didn't like it. Tried it several times and same thing.
Got their pink packs this week just because they're pink and maybe ill get different results

I'm thinking of a halo braid style this week.

Having product junkie fever... and baby fever but that's another story...
I want to make some flax seed gel.
I think I need some curlformers. I like the semi defined look they give on 4b hair lol.
I don't have a pibbs. I want one, but I have a hairdryer already
I don't have a blow dryer with comb, but I'm not sure I want to straighten my hair this year.
Oh and I also ordered some kinky clip ins

I make flaxseed gel all the time I love it. As of lately I been using it as my leave in mixed with AVG & manuka honey.