2017 Challenge - Cowash, Cocleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
*Copied/modified from 2016 challenge*

Okay Ladies, let's keep it up in 2017 with our Co-Washing, Co-Cleansing, Mud Washing, Honey Cleansing or any other alternative form of cleaning our hair and scalp while retaining maximum moisture. Maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses are the goals here!

Please post updates whenever you partake in any of the mentioned activities. At a minimum, weekly and/or monthly updates are needed to keep this thread active.

This challenge is to motivate and encourage each other to get that maximum moisture and meet our goals. It will also help us learn different techniques and methodology and what seems to work best for different types of hair.

This challenge will end December 31, 2017.

RULES:
Co-Wash/Co-Cleanse/Mud Wash/Honey Cleanse/Other minimum 1x/wkly. More if you'd like! You don't have to do all of them, just choose the method(s) that suit you and your hair.

Report what products or ingredients you are using, how your hair is responding, and any ups and downs you'd like to share with us regarding the methods.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
2) Current hair length:
3) Ultimate hair length:
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
6) Number of times per week you will do this:
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
10) List shampoo:

Join by answering the questions above.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
In here Wednesday & Saturday!:hug2:

Will use a variety of Cleansing Conditioners (Natural/Handmades)
Will also use a variety of Rinse Out Conditioners (Natural/Handmades) as a Final R/O.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cleansing with:
VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner

Hendigo R/O with:
Organix Moroccan Argan Conditioner

Final R/O with:
Curl Junkie's Argan & Olive

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in!

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
Natural

2) Current hair length:
APL stretched

3) Ultimate hair length:

SL unstretched

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
Strong, moisturized and shiny hair

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
Cowash and cocleanse

6) Number of times per week you will do this:
Cowash daily, cocleanse 1x/weekly

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
Various brands but most will contain green tea, honey, hibiscus, bamboo

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
After a cowash or cocleanse will use a spray leave in followed by a lotion type moisturizer

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
N/A

10) List shampoo:
N/A

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I'm in because one of my 2017 goals is to be consistent with my hair and skin care. Consistency is my biggest issue. But I'm committed this year so that I can get into the habit of taking care of my hair and skin on the regular.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): natural
2) Current hair length: in between apl and bsl stretched
3) Ultimate hair length: wl stretched
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): length, density and thicker strands
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: cowashing
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 2
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: random stuff until I use up my stash. Going to do some research on here about the best conditioners for cowashig.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): after: using a leave in conditioner and then putting my hair in celie braids under my wig. Will moisturize braids daily.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: once a month.
10) List shampoo: random shampoos for now because I'm using up my stash. then I'm switched to the diy shampoo by naptural85

naturalyogini

I'm in:

1. Natural
2. Stretched APL Goal: To stop this extensive hormonal hair fall.
3. Hair Goal: deeply moisturized hair from the inside. Pliable hair. No split ends.
4. Rhassoul mud masks (Guest I'm going back to Botanical spirits even though I don't want to, but she has the only mud mask that works)
5. cowash CJ daily fix
6. Going back to Komaza care for scalp health. Just have to decide which product.

Carols Daughter has a new Rhassoul line. Wish I could find it on the ground. Doesn't have ACV in it but, it does have lactic acid so I may try it.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Been alternating cowashing with SSI's Green Tea & Ginseng and SSI's Pumpkin & Hot Chocolate (I think that's the name :giggle:). It is easy to go through these really fast so I need to be careful.

curlyhersheygirl

Cowashed with BN mint detox.
R/O Elucence mositure conditioner

The mint detox was really nice. To me it's more of a treatment than a cowash. I left it on for about 5 mins and it made my hair and scalp feel awesome. I think I'll use this the same way I use APB'S lemongrass detox.