Lucia

Happy New Year 2017 Ladies Shalom, Peace be with YOU!

This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine…

So I had never heard this song, until literally a couple years ago, because I’m *cough* Catholic *cough* and we sing Ave Maria, Gloria in Excelsis Deo, and the Beatitudes in Latin everyday, ok enough jokes back to the main topic. This little light of mine, is a really good song. Why? because it’s a reminder that we all have a little light inside, and we should let it shine. Sounds simple and easy, right?

Then why aren’t our lights shining?

Oh, well there are many, many reasons, most of which are too many to list or I don’t even know them, to list them. But I’ll throw a couple of “common” ones out here.

Maybe because we’ve forgotten or never knew where our light source comes from, or we’ve lost our way. It comes from God the Father Almighty. He is the Sun and we are like little stars reflecting his goodness and light.

Maybe it’s because were blocked by our troubles, oppressions, the daily grind of school, work, paying the bills, taking care of loved ones, and having to deal with our spiritual lives on top of everything else.

We must not let those everyday things that seem BIG at the time take us away from reflecting the light of God. Last year I wrote about forgiveness and laying down all our burdens at the foot of the cross, and the importance of prayer and renewing our faith. That’s all still very important. This year we should cast the demons out of our lives and fill ourselves up with the wisdom of Holy Spirit, the light of Jesus, in order to better reflect the light of God. (we should continually take stock spiritually, cast out, fill up on the love of Jesus and HS, rinse and repeat)

Genesis 1:1-4

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

God separated the light form darkness for good reason. A man cannot serve two masters (Matt 6:24), neither can light and darkness occupy the same space and the same time. It’s like turning on the lights in a rat infested apartment, the rats always run away cause they’re up to no good. (probably stealing food and running amok), we must all clean house, literally physically and spiritually so the sunlight can come in and shine through.

John 3:20
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Truth is we needn’t fear the light, we should embrace it. Fear is a preferred tactic of the enemy. Fear stops us in our tracks, fear breads doubt, which breads, contempt, hate, and resentment, and in some cases opens the doorway to loss of faith. Jesus said over 100 times collectively in the Bible “do not fear”, “do not be afraid” and “fear not.” (Matthew 14:27) Maybe He’s trying to tell us something. He also said “I am with you.” (Isaiah 41:10) So if God is with us whom should we fear? Nothing, because He who is in me, IS greater than he who is in the world. (John 4:4)

What does shining my little light have to do with my everyday problems? Why should we try our best to shine our lights brightly?

Because it permeates everything we do, we all know people who are, um …. well now let’s call them “cranky” without their morning coffee, so if coffee can affect the mood how much more can one person affect another?
We are daughters, sisters, wives, mothers, friends, colleagues, classmates. When we reflect the light of God in everything we do, we shine the light of Christ out into the world, we bring glory to God in the highest (trans from latin Gloria in Excelsis Deo). There's a saying, sometimes you're the only "Bible" some people will ever read. There are many women in the Bible who showed courage, faith, loyalty, and love but the woman who was highly favored by God Himself was Mary the mother of Jesus. (Luke 1:26-38 aka The Annunciation) As women we should look at all the Biblical women as examples some were beyond compare, some were cautionary tales. We as women have a special job to do, we are to plant seeds of the love of God in our children and those all around us when we can, nurture and grow those seeds with the light of God especially in our children, so their little lights can shine. “Mothers are (supposed to be) the reflection of God’s love on earth.” (I think Johanette Benkovic host of Women of Grace said this her or her guest?) That is why it is our job, no it is our duty to clean house, and set up a God loving, serving and fearing home. (Proverbs 6:20, Joshua 24:15, Matthew 12:43-45)

So let no one keep you from shining your light. Remember…

Matthew 5:14
14“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

So Let your little light shine, let it shine, let it shine. Amen!

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
@Lucia ...

Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful and loving message. This message is truly from the heart of God, and it includes Everyone... Everyone in Christ Jesus.

This is the start of New Beginnings for "Whosoever Will". Whosoever will, let them come and drink from the fountain of life freely.

We as Christians, serve One God only... We are each saved under our Savior, Our Lord Jesus Christ, who is One All in All who honor and believe. There is no separation in us because of His Love.

Happy New Year, Everyone. God is alive and well within us and in this earth. Let the Light of His Life and Love within us ... Shine all the more brightly.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

God bless you... All :love2:

Shimmie

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Last night of Christmas for Catholics, second day of Orthodox Christmas...but I saw this in the hymnal and was like, "Hey, wait a minute! Isn't that an error?" Apparently not, it's been anglicized? I had always known "The First Noël" and then ran into "Nowell." I laughed a little.

http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/t/t136.html

The first Nowell the angel did say
was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay;
in fields as they lay, keeping their sheep,
on a cold winter's night that was so deep.
Refrain:
Nowell, Nowell, Nowell, Nowell,
born is the King of Israel.

Last edited:

mz.rae

This is the year where I get free from people bondage and just accepting any ole thing from people. There once was a time where when a person would want to leave my life I would want to know why and beg for them to stay. But now I just hold the door open for them and wish them well. I just don't have the time or energy anymore for people who mean me no good.

I feel like God is going to start opening doors up for me. And I want the right people around in my life. 2016 was hard, but I believe it was preparing me for this year.

Lucia

I've been watching videos about this all day. I've come across so many blogs,videos....that give a confusing message about how salvation requires both works and faith.

As Christians we are saved by grace through faith Eph 2:8-9 taking that in context St. Paul was talking to the Ephesians and at that time some others were saying that they had to become Jews first before becoming Christians, and had to follow all the Mosaic laws, so he was referring to works of the "Mosaiac" law and not just simply works. But if faith alone were enough Jesus would not have reinforced the 10 Commandments Matt 19:17-19. Also, faith without works is dead James 2:14-26 as St. James said what good is me proclaiming the kingdom and having faith if I don't help out my starving brothers or sisters.

Better explanation from a Bible Scholar Tim Staples here

Last edited:

Lucia

Ladies there a prayer vigil for all the souls lost to abortion and against abortion from 6 eastern time today to 6 pm tomorrow if you are interested and have a little time please say a prayer. Thanks

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies there a prayer vigil for all the souls lost to abortion and against abortion from 6 eastern time today to 6 pm tomorrow if you are interested and have a little time please say a prayer. Thanks
Thank you so much for sharing these prayer vigils. We need prayer in this earth. There is no better gift of love for others.

kanozas

Reposting: "Bow down to the most powerful man in the universe..." :lol:

Sorry, honey, but here He truly is! Resist the New World Order. Bow to G-d alone.

Last edited:

Lucia

Last edited:

kanozas

Really she needs to lay off that industrial strengt reefer. She's caught up, did you see the comments she's getting roasted. But she seems like she'll do anything for money and power.

Matt 4:8

Prez didn't say God bless America

Romney looks frightened and weirded out lol!

kanozas

One of the most brilliant statements made by a devout Catholic friend a few years ago was, " G-d is not Catholic." LOL. That has so many applications, especially today. I was taken a bit aback at her declaration and always remembered it. If you think about it, it's very profound.

Last edited:

kanozas

A beautiful home blessing tradition in the Armenian Church link:

About the Home Blessing

The home is a sacred place where family members maintain and share many values. It is also a place where they are charged and empowered with these values to live a peaceful and God-pleasing life. It is under this roof that all collectively form oneness in spirit and assume an important responsibility in the life of the community. It is in this place where they break bread and share joys and sorrows. Here the presence of the Omnipotent is felt since every family is a miniature of a "Little Church—Ecclesia." In this "Little Church" the inexhaustible love and the very generous blessing of God permeate.

According to the sacred traditions of the Armenian Church, God's blessing is asked for homes on different occasions, like on the Nativity and the Resurrection of Christ, as well as on the joyous occasion of moving into a new home.

For Home Blessing the priest takes with him wafer and incense. He blesses the bread, the water and the salt. These three fundamental elements are essential life-giving gifts for human life. The priest asks from the Omnipotent God not to lessen these three gifts without which life becomes impossible or imperfect.

The bread, the water and the salt are symbols of God's infinite goodness and care. With the blessing of these great gifts the household is enriched spiritually and its existence perpetuated for the service of his Creator.

The bread, which symbolically represents the Word of God, grants life to all those who taste it. The salt seasons our food and makes it delicious and edible. Metaphorically salt represents man in this world with his words and deeds. Christ said, "You are the salt of the earth." Man's life should be seasoned with wisdom, moderation or sense of sufficiency. Finally, water which is the most essential element of life, figuratively represents cleanliness. It's through water that we are cleansed by baptism, renewed in Christ, and united with Him.

Along with the bread, salt, and bread offered on a tray by the dwellers, the priest places also the wafer stamped with a crucifix and designs of grapes and wheat. The wafer is the presence of Christ in the home. The members of the family can either distribute the wafer among themselves or keep it in a jar along with flour, salt, or rice.

During Home Blessing it is customary to burn incense which symbolizes the burning of our souls with our Lord's love. In his supplication the Psalmist says, "Let my prayer be counted as incense before Thee."

In the prayer of the Home Blessing the priest after asking for purity and abundance of the three gifts, he blesses the home and all its dwellers and asks God to keep them away from visible and invisible enemies and protect them under His powerful Right Hand granting them health of soul and body.

Home Blessing is a meaningful religious service that brings the entire family together in oneness and holiness, and blesses them. Through this ceremony everyone's faith is replenished and strengthened and the Lord's presence is felt.

The beautiful tradition of the Home Blessing unfortunately has been cast into oblivion. Today, more than ever, we need the presence and blessing of the Lord in our homes and lives. The revival of this centuries old custom will certainly bring us close to our Lord. Family members are encouraged to take part of the ceremony to make it more meaningful.

kanozas

Well, here we go. Nobody was paying much attention? They want to definitely remove the tax-exempt status or the Johnson Amendment. That means, the govt. will be up in your church telling you what to do, think, say. It's not freedom of speech at all.

kanozas

So, if G-d is supposedly punishing the United States for its sins, why is it that minorities are losing under the racism while the racists, white collar criminals and 1% are making major bank? Looks like they're still winning. Some so-called "prophecies" can't hold any kinda salt and we should all be very careful in believing just anything that someone comes up with.

Shimmie

Staff member
So, if G-d is supposedly punishing the United States for its sins, why is it that minorities are losing under the racism while the racists, white collar criminals and 1% are making major bank? Looks like they're still winning. Some so-called "prophecies" can't hold any kinda salt and we should all be very careful in believing just anything that someone comes up with.
Psalm 37...

The Heritage of the Righteous and the Calamity of the Wicked
A Psalm of David.

Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.

He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more

Your words will give you exactly what you say....

I believe God and His faithful promises to those who believe that His Word and His Goodness shall prevail.

kanozas

Psalm 37...

The Heritage of the Righteous and the Calamity of the Wicked
A Psalm of David.

Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.

He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more

Your words will give you exactly what you say....

I believe God and His faithful promises to those who believe that His Word and His Goodness shall prevail.

I do know this scripture and was going to attach it. I, personally, don't have the least bit of fear about it. Rather, this is somewhat a response to the political scene and some religious who actually believe that some of these pseudo prophecies are coming to pass (not anyone here on this forum but elsewhere, which is all over the place, actually). People are not even using common sense and thinking clearly. Certainly, they are not looking at that scripture to know that this type of thing is ancient and redundant throughout all the history of man. You know, in their rush to claim that G-d is righteously leading this political scene (even evil can be used to bring about good, we all know), they are blindly following and attributing goodness to those committing absolute evil behind the scenes. That kind of a thing...it was a random thought.

As for the signs of pogrom or genocide, that will get a diff. response out of me because most societies ignore those very important indications on the horizon. Absent from the body being present with the L-rd doesn't mean to lay down like a lamb for the slaughter, though.

Shimmie

Staff member
I do know this scripture and was going to attach it. I, personally, don't have the least bit of fear about it. Rather, this is somewhat a response to the political scene and some religious who actually believe that some of these pseudo prophecies are coming to pass (not anyone here on this forum but elsewhere, which is all over the place, actually). People are not even using common sense and thinking clearly. Certainly, they are not looking at that scripture to know that this type of thing is ancient and redundant throughout all the history of man. You know, in their rush to claim that G-d is righteously leading this political scene (even evil can be used to bring about good, we all know), they are blindly following and attributing goodness to those committing absolute evil behind the scenes. That kind of a thing...it was a random thought.

As for the signs of pogrom or genocide, that will get a diff. response out of me because most societies ignore those very important indications on the horizon. Absent from the body being present with the L-rd doesn't mean to lay down like a lamb for the slaughter, though.
I'm just looking out for you.

BTW... I have to post an article that I read today. I want to get your input as well as the rest of our sisters here. I'll get the link and post later.

kanozas

I'm just looking out for you.

BTW... I have to post an article that I read today. I want to get your input as well as the rest of our sisters here. I'll get the link and post later.

I'm good. But I can tell ya right now, people are falling right and left under the "spell" of these pseudo "Christians." What's the difference between them in 1700 and them right now? None. Same old cognitive dissonance.