kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
It's evident to those from the region, with family in the region and those who know about the region that Trump needs divine guidance on how to deal with Syria. He probably wants to attack just to show a strong arm and bring some creed to his name. This is not wise. It is highly DANGEROUS to remaining Christians of Damascus, Syria, beyond Aleppo and the surrounding regions of the conflict. Asaad has long been the harbinger of protection, despite being a hideous and evil dictator, as was his brutal father. Just bombing and removing him will not solve anything, it will complicate live for many millions more. SMH.

Proverbs 21King James Version (KJV)
21 The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Trump is definitely a wake-up call, even for those who voted for him...

kanozas

Numbers 24: 8-9

8God brought them out of Egypt.
They have, as it were, the strength of a young bull;
they will devour hostile people
and will break their bones
and will pierce them through with arrows.
9 They crouch and lie down like a lion,
and as a lioness, who can stir him?
Blessed is the one who blesses you,
and cursed is the one who curses you!’”

--------------
If people would ponder this, look around and heed its warning.

kanozas

Acts 5:27-33New American Standard Bible (NASB)
27 When they had brought them, they stood them a]">[a]before the Council. The high priest questioned them, 28 saying, “We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and b]">[b]yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.” 29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, c]">[c]whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a d]">[d]cross. 31 He is the one whom God exalted e]">[e]to His right hand as a f]">[f]Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses g]">[g]of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Gamaliel’s Counsel
33 But when they heard this, they were cut h]">[h]to the quick and intended to kill them.

kanozas

What say you ladies: https://stream.org/234972-2/ ?

I have discussed this topic with my sister as well, but I am very interested to hear what you ladies think.

I agree with much of it because, despite fighting racism and xenophobia, we cannot turn a blind eye to the underworkings of those types of ideologies that seek to undermine and take over nations, religions and the freedoms from people. But that's what Europe did after their previous conquest under the Ottomans. It's an endless cycle. It does make you wonder about childless/non-familial leaders and if they truly have the vision to leader families into the future. We have specific needs and rights which seem to be declining right and left.

Lissa0821

I had an opportunity to allow myself to become really stressed out today. I say opportunity because in the midst of my chest tightening an my breathing becoming heavy. I repeated out loud what I heard in my spirit, God will never leave me. I said it over and over. The cloud of fear and worry lifted off me. I said it one last time and began to think of how God has brought me through. I thought of financial issues, health issues, family and work related issues. With each instance that I could recall, I said out loud He brought me through that.

In that fifteen minute time span of reflecting on who God is in my life refreshed me completely. I can and will continue to press to what GOD has for me, moment by moment.

Lucia

What say you ladies: https://stream.org/234972-2/ ?

I have discussed this topic with my sister as well, but I am very interested to hear what you ladies think.

I agree with the points he makes too. It's more than obvious that there is a sinister element living alongside some peaceful people and what them having the edge 5 to 1 in Europe can do unchecked. Too many childless leaders they're obviously not to worried about the long term beyond 40-50 years or so when they'll either be retired or dead. Islam and the Islamic state is intrinsically incompatible with European democracies. It only takes 30 minutes of digging into the Koran and the supplemental books on the life of Mohammed to find that the newer doctrines which according to muslim religion superceed the older passages are extremely violent and completely geared towards an extreme Islamic state.

Lucia

I agree with much of it because, despite fighting racism and xenophobia, we cannot turn a blind eye to the underworkings of those types of ideologies that seek to undermine and take over nations, religions and the freedoms from people. But that's what Europe did after their previous conquest under the Ottomans. It's an endless cycle. It does make you wonder about childless/non-familial leaders and if they truly have the vision to leader families into the future. We have specific needs and rights which seem to be declining right and left.

Yes good point, being fair and just doesn't mean you bend over backwards and allow yourself to be taken advantage of or worse systematically destroyed from the inside out in the name of multiculturalism. First that's not multiculturalism for peaceful multiculturalism both parties have to be respectful and mindful of the other cultural beliefs and space, the host country already has their laws, rules and traditions if one enters that country to live you must find a way to live and abide by their laws ( cause you're actually living in someone else's country) and to balance your own culture with the larger culture around you, without imposing your way of life on an entire other country and culture.

Epecially of your being taken in by said country and they went out of their way to take you in. It's disrespectful, ingrate move to bite the hand that helps/feeds you.
Maybe I'm misinformed please correct me but, my big question is always where's Saudi, Jordan, and UAE in this ? Why haven't they taken in the bulk of the refugees? Especially considering most of the refugees are Muslim and those are rich majority Muslim countries, and those leaving their homes wouldn't have such a great culture clash as when coming to the west.

kanozas

Yes good point, being fair and just doesn't mean you bend over backwards and allow yourself to be taken advantage of or worse systematically destroyed from the inside out in the name of multiculturalism. First that's not multiculturalism for peaceful multiculturalism both parties have to be respectful and mindful of the other cultural beliefs and space, the host country already has their laws, rules and traditions if one enters that country to live you must find a way to live and abide by their laws ( cause you're actually living in someone else's country) and to balance your own culture with the larger culture around you, without imposing your way of life on an entire other country and culture.

Epecially of your being taken in by said country and they went out of their way to take you in. It's disrespectful, ingrate move to bite the hand that helps/feeds you.
Maybe I'm misinformed please correct me but, my big question is always where's Saudi, Jordan, and UAE in this ? Why haven't they taken in the bulk of the refugees? Especially considering most of the refugees are Muslim and those are rich majority Muslim countries, and those leaving their homes wouldn't have such a great culture clash as when coming to the west.

I mean that both sides are not exactly innocent...I am no . xenophobe and it's obvious "Europe" wants to remain "White" as well as domineering on the planet to the detriment of people of color and their nations. If Macron and Merkel truly want an integrative society, I'm all for that. But if you inflict harm, expect harm to return to you. As their nations were destroyed, how do Europeans not expect the same to happen to them in future? Both have ulterior motives in the larger scheme of all of it...but those are governments. Innocents bear the brunt, unfortunately. No one is exactly innocent.

But even look at the U.S. If multicultural means mutual respect, then we need to ask ourselves very pertinent questions regarding racist oppression beginning with conquest ourselves. In other words, you do something evil to someone, it'll come around to you again. Muslims are the new "Blacks" e.g. "dogs to kick."

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!

Well, to put it mildly: they want their cake plus eating it too (hope I'm saying this correctly). Some muslims on my timeline on FB were very mad at them because they have simply refused to take some of these refugees in. And even if they did, they wouldn't treat them in a humane way.

In other news, here's a little something that happened at work recently:

Me: *arrive at work, go in to the kitchen and start staring at the vending machine*
My co-worker: I wouldn't do that if I were you.
Me: But I'm so hungry already, I want to have something for breakfast later on.
My co-worker: Don't do it. * starts walking out of the kitchen *
Me: Alright. *start to follow her into the office*
My co-worker: I can't believe you listened to me! See why I was telling you not to waste your money? * points to table filled with all kinds of delicacies, all for free*
Me: *happy smile*

Moral of the story: Always use discernment of course, but keep in mind that humans are inanimate for the most part, unless God is speaking through them. Good or bad, remember Joseph's response to the evil his brothers had done to him? He simply said: God allowed it (Gen 45:8).

kanozas

BLM...except for the unborn. It's funny how you are worth something after birth but not just before. If murder of a born person is odious and evil, why isn't it equally egregious in the womb? One day before birth, you are still a human. Every stage is one more day. What are you, a carrot during the first 2 trimesters to not be human? If one is stillborn and a mass of flesh, barely recognizable, a human was born...dead. So a fetus cannot be human during every minute of gestation because he looks different than full-term? Infants don't look like 80 year-olds but they are both humans. Some people are not viable outside the womb due to their age, others become dependent upon others after the womb, according to their advanced age or disabilities. Is a disabled person not a human? Are fragile persons not human?

Last edited:

Laela

It's not biblical to pray to any being other than God; prayer itself is a form of worship and therefore idolatrous, if not to the Creator.
Revelations 22: 8 (CJB):
8 Then I, Yochanan, the one hearing and seeing these things, when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am only a fellow-servant with you and your brothers, the prophets and the people who obey the words in this book. Worship God!”

Lucia

2Cor 1:11
you also joining in #helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the #prayers of many.

Phil 1:19
for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance #through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Matt 22:31-33
But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? +He is not the God of the dead but of the living." When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

Eph 6:18-20
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for *all the saints. 19 #Pray also for me, so that when I speak, a message may be given to me to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. #Pray that I may declare it boldly, as I must speak.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to one another, and #pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. (Luke 1:28)
Blessed are you among women (Luke 1:41)
and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus (Luke1:42)
Holy Mary mother of God, (Luke 1:43)
#Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

#Intercessory prayer is both traditional and scriptural.
#St Paul asked the Ephesians to pray for him as well, St James asked the congregations to pray for one another.
Prayer = to pray to God, to entreat or suplicate
Ex1: Susie can you pray for me?
Ex2: I pray you Sir, what is the time?

Ex2 is not praying to that man but entreating, asking kindly for something. It's not unscriptural or untraditional. There is nothing unscriptural or untraditional about intercessory prayer whether entreating earthly saints or saints in heaven to pray for us.

+If you believe in the Christian Doctrine that when we die (earthly) some people go to heaven, then they're not cut off from the body of Christ i.e. The Church nor are they cut off from the presence of God. They are with the living God in heaven.

*Who are the saints ? They are part of the communion of saints on earth and in heaven. (a fellowship between baptized Christians living and dead is found in many Christian credos or creeds aka profession of faith)
If this phrase meant only saints on earth St. Paul would not have written ALL the saints, for emphasis.

Last edited:

Laela

Pray to = Worship.

1 Timothy 2:5
“For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”

1 John 2: 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Romans 8:27
“And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”

Ephesians 2:18-20
For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone.”

Lucia

Question open to all.
If scripture says: "All generations shall call me (Mary) blessed," why has calling Mary blessed been discarded by many denominations? (Ref below)

Luke 1:39-45
39 In those days Mary set out and went with haste to a Judean town in the hill country, 40 where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit 42 and exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. 43 And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me? 44 For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy. 45 And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord.”
46 And Mary said,

“My soul magnifies the Lord,
47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant.
Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
50 His mercy is for those who fear him
from generation to generation.

*Mary and the Saints are venerated, NOT worshipped. Saints do not take the place of God. Worship is for God. That is explained in the video above.

ven·er·ate
verb
past tense: venerated; past participle: venerated
  1. regard with great respect; revere.
    "Mother Teresa is venerated as a saint"
    synonyms: revere, regard highly, reverence, worship, hallow, hold sacred, exalt, vaunt, adore, honor, respect, esteem

Last edited:

Lucia

Pray to = Worship.

1 Timothy 2:5
“For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”

1 John 2: 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Romans 8:27
“And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”

Ephesians 2:18-20
For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone.”

That's still intercessory prayer, asking the HS to pray for you.* Intercessory prayer is not forbidden in the Bible. If you can ask John and anybody off the street to pray for you (<--not knowing about their prayer lives) and the HS, then why not Mary and the Saints? (Whose prayer lives we know)
If they are all in the body of Christ, you can ask them to pray for you. There is one mediator Jesus, and we participate in Jesus' mission of mediator, preachers, teachers healers to help further the Kingdom of God. Remember Mary nudged Jesus at the wedding at Cana and He turned the water into wine. She participated in His mission from before His birth. We are the branches and He is the vine, we are the body of Christ we must do what He is not physically here to do.

Rom 8:26,27
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. 27 And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the *Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Last edited:

kanozas

Zechariah 7:9-10
"Thus has the LORD of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.'

Last edited:

kanozas

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/prayerplainandsimple/2015/04/a-prayer-to-stop-judging.html

A Prayer to Stop Judging
Posted by Mark and Jill Herringshaw

“Even if I have sinned, that is my concern, not yours. You think you’re better than I am…” ~ Job (Job 19:4,5)

“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.” ~Jesus (Matt. 7:1)

“God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?” James 4:12

Think it’s your job to ferret out the godless in the land? To weigh the motives of others? To eye and criticize? Retire of that tedious, joyless job today, and learn to walk in love.

Father,

I lay down my self-imposed responsibility of judging the heart, motives, intentions, and actions of the people in my life. You have instructed me in this, and I will obey you. I remove the back-breaking burden of being the judge, and I repent of the pride in my life that is evident every time I have a critical, judgemental thought. You have commanded me to walk in forgiveness and love, to rise above offenses, and to walk humbly with you. I choose that road today. I submit my thoughts to you – each and every one – for approval, choosing loving thoughts and not condemning thoughts, compassionate thoughts not critical thoughts. And kindly remove the log in my eye. Thank you.

In Jesus’ Name and with the help of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists...ayer-to-stop-judging.html#dBq8KMYYuPrisSGu.99

kanozas

It is human nature to want to get back at someone or to have bad thoughts against someone who has harmed you but vengeance truly does belong to G-d. In His time, He will avenge....or even have mercy and what business is it of ours? It's better to keep a clean mind about people and forgive them rather than wish them harm for what they have done. You don't want to be as harmful as they have been but it's difficult to purely achieve that state. It's s totally possible and He even commands it, no? @*Racism*

Last edited:

Laela

Matthew 6:9-13 (CJB)

You, therefore, pray like this:

‘Our Father in heaven!

May your Name be kept holy.

May your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven.

Give us the food we need today.

Forgive us what we have done wrong, as we too have forgiven those who have wronged us.

And do not lead us into hard testing, but keep us safe from the Evil One.

[a]For kingship, power and glory are yours forever.

Amen.’