2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to join! I love love love aloe. I have the juice, the gel and a plant as well.

I am already a huge fan of coconut oil, but I plan to infuse it with brahmi and amla from now on when I do my weekly overnight prepoo.

My current length is bsl and I am natural 4b (with keratin treatment). My end of year goal is thicker, shinier hair, stronger ends and I would like to reach full Mbl.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I've been moisturizing daily with a mix of 75% aloe vera juice and 25% scurl (old formula)

Its been working well for me. Its only been a week.

Just oiled my scalp with the oil mix from the other thread.
Also I am sealing with the mix.

Mix:
Fenugreek seeds 1/2 cup
Henna powder tablespoon
Amla powder teaspoon
Brahmi powder teaspoon
Avocado oil 3/4 cups
Coconut oil 3/4 cups
Castor oil 5 tablespoons
Msm 1 teaspoon
Essential oil 10 drops each:
peppermint, tea tree, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, cedar wood, geranium & orange oil

let the mix sit for 1 week before straining, moving to a 8oz container and applying.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'd like to join too @IDareT'sHair

Last month, I switched to an herbal based hair regimen in an effort to heal my scalp after a bad reaction to hair dye. So far so good. Scalp feels amazing and I really am having fun playing around in the herbal world! I'll come back in a bit to talk about things I've been trying. I'm still working on the frequency in which I'm doing things and hope to have a solid routine nailed down by years end.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I've also been loving the sodium bentonite vs. Calcium.
I have the NOW brand, but I do mix it with other clays ( I mix with kaolin and rhassoul).

Majority part sodium bentonite, then rhassoul and last less parts kaolin (kaolin was too softening for my hair on its own).

I've been using sodium bentonite clay for the first time this week. I like it a lot. I like it more than rhassoul and calcium bentonite.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I have a lot of herbs so I won't list them all but the bulk of them are pictured:

image.jpg

So far here are a few things I've tried:

Soak the herbs in water for an herbal rinse or in oil for an oil infusion. Add MSM powder to the oil to make it a growth oil.

image.jpg

I usually alternate between washing my hair with the herbal tea rinse or some aloe herbal shampoo bars I made. They are similar to Nap85's version.

I used:
The gel from a fresh aloe leaf (Fillet and remove as much of gel as possible)
1 ounce shave African black soap
16 ounces of herbal infused water
1 tablespoon each of raw honey and oil of choice.

I placed the shampoo into ice cube molds and froze them. Keep in freezer until ready for use. This recipe made 25 bars total and 3 cubes per wash is usually enough for me. I melt them down again and put them in an applicator bottle when it's time to wash.

image.jpg

They lather well. I've used them twice and really like them.

image.jpg

I'm not really into clays for my hair however I do love to do a facial mask with rhassoul clay.

I also purchased some henna, indigo and amla powders to replace my hair dye. I'll try it out when it's time to touch up my roots in a few months.