2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

imaginary

@imaginary

How did you make your coffee oil or did you buy it? I would like to have/make some myself to use on my scalp for shedding. Thanks

I just put ground coffee beans in coconut oil (the oil doesn't really matter) and let it sit for about a month in a sunny room before straining it into another jar. You don't have to leave it for so long, most tutorials suggest you only need 2 weeks. Before you strain it, make sure to shake it up well, there's going to be a thick brown layer at the bottom of the jar, which is the extra good stuff. Also leave it to strain for a while and really squeeze as much as you can from the beans.

Alternatively, I've heard that you can also just put the beans and oil in a crockpot and leave it for several hours. I've never tried it, but maybe one day I'll get a crockpot for my infusions.

Aggie

I just put ground coffee beans in coconut oil (the oil doesn't really matter) and let it sit for about a month in a sunny room before straining it into another jar. You don't have to leave it for so long, most tutorials suggest you only need 2 weeks. Before you strain it, make sure to shake it up well, there's going to be a thick brown layer at the bottom of the jar, which is the extra good stuff. Also leave it to strain for a while and really squeeze as much as you can from the beans.

Alternatively, I've heard that you can also just put the beans and oil in a crockpot and leave it for several hours. I've never tried it, but maybe one day I'll get a crockpot for my infusions.
Thanks @imaginary. What are your measurements, ie, how much coffee beans to how much oil please?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie

When I made my Homemade Coffee Oil (Once) I put Coffee Grounds in a Cheesecloth Tea Strainer, (for loose teas) Coconut Oil and heated it up in my mini Crock Pot.

After it cooled and hardened, I transferred it to a jar to use like a Grease. It was very strong.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Sharpened @lulu97

I wanted to share with you talented Mixtresses about the Kombucha Tea Rinse I got on a Swap.

It's called Ginger Peach Cider and it has Probiotic rich Kombucha and Raw ACV. It also has Pumpkin Seed Oil, Vitamin E & Zinc and infused botanicals.

You use x1 Tspn to 8oz cold water and apply after shampooing or DC'ing massage & rinse

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@Sharpened @lulu97

I wanted to share with you talented Mixtresses about the Kombucha Tea Rinse I got on a Swap.

It's called Ginger Peach Cider and it has Probiotic rich Kombucha and Raw ACV. It also has Pumpkin Seed Oil, Vitamin E & Zinc and infused botanicals.

You use x1 Tspn to 8oz cold water and apply after shampooing or DC'ing massage & rinse

@IDareT'sHair That sounds delicious. The ginger, zinc & probiotics gone have your scalp right! The ACV gone have your hair softer than a newborn baby. I have some ginger EO that I use in my shampoo but I've never thought of using Kombucha. I need to look into that yumminess!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have a small aloe vera plant but it has around 3 juicy leaves on it at the moment. I plan to cut those off tonight and do an exfoliating scalp treatment (along with some other ingredients) :drool:
Oh, so jelly; I got too many clumsy males in my household. Your plant looks ready for a new pot soon. *sigh*

@Sharpened @lulu97

That sounds so nice... Now you got me pondering mixing ginger juice with FRW.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Oh, so jelly; I got too many clumsy males in my household. Your plant looks ready for a new pot soon. *sigh*

That sounds so nice... Now you got me pondering mixing ginger juice with FRW.

I bring the only feminine energy in my household as well amongst a sea of men folk. However after a few years of hand pops and swats, they fully understand to not touch my stuff. Especially my house plants and ANYTHING in my garden. LOL

Yeah I need to re-pot my aloe plant soon. She's out growing her current home.