2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

GGsKin

Didn't you just do your hair? Oh, you will love it, better than ACV to me.

You're right. My scalp and hair love freah aloe. My mum cut a leaf for me the other day and I put it in the fridge for wash day. I finished washing this morning. And I'm just reading your post like:fistshake:. I'll probably wash it again this weekend to make up for the weeks of 'neglect' I've paid my hair recently.:bud:

LegsLegsLegs

I'm about to read through this to see what info I can find about Ayurvedic products. I've heard a little about them. I was thinking of using them to help me retain length better and get from MBL to WL. My issue is retaining length even though I protective style 95% of the time.
Ayurvedic safe for pregnant women to use?

Aggie

I'm about to read through this to see what info I can find about Ayurvedic products. I've heard a little about them. I was thinking of using them to help me retain length better and get from MBL to WL. My issue is retaining length even though I protective style 95% of the time.
You might want to check out the following threads for additional help @LegsLegsLegs:

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/ayurveda-support-thread.183305/page-38#post-24004273

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/diy-product-experiments.799437/page-3#post-24001815

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

Congrats on your pregnancy! I am 7 months pregnant and use Ayurvedic powders, herbs, essential oils etc...the whole 9. I did check with my doctor prior to using so I would suggest to double check with yours to get the ok just to be on the safe side.

My doctor was not concerned with anything that I applied topically other than hard chemicals (relaxers, hair color) etc and advised that I wait until the 2nd trimester to use those things and only in a well ventilated area.

Oh and she also advised for anything I used (not just hair stuff) to pay attention and trust how my body responded. If I felt additional nausea, headaches or any cramping...to discontinue use.

LegsLegsLegs

Congrats on your pregnancy! I am 7 months pregnant and use Ayurvedic powders, herbs, essential oils etc...the whole 9. I did check with my doctor prior to using so I would suggest to double check with yours to get the ok just to be on the safe side.

My doctor was not concerned with anything that I applied topically other than hard chemicals (relaxers, hair color) etc and advised that I wait until the 2nd trimester to use those things and only in a well ventilated area.
Congrats on your pregnancy too and thanx for the info! I am 13 weeks today but I will check with my dr :)

Alma Petra

Hi ladies!

I've ordered a 1 kg package of Rhassoul clay. It's supposed to be on its way to me now. I would like to join the challenge and use clay on my hair regularly..

@Sharpened , it should be okay to use clay alongside your oil mix, no? I was even thinking on mixing them together and using in one step :scratchchin:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hi ladies!

I've ordered a 1 kg package of Rhassoul clay. It's supposed to be on its way to me now. I would like to join the challenge and use clay on my hair regularly..

@Sharpened , it should be okay to use clay alongside your oil mix, no? I was even thinking on mixing them together and using in one step :scratchchin:
When I had used Terresentials on the regular, I followed it with an oil rinse, but not every time.

Take it easy; do not try too many things at once because disaster may strike. I would say hold off on the clay for a bit and test one thing or product line at a time at least twice to see if your hair and scalp like it.

I need to do my own clay mixes at some point; I have a bunch of different clays already.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Henna tea rinse today.

This was so good. While it was in my hair, I could immediately feel my hair plump up and absorb all that goodness. I put my Tea Tree Tingle conditioner on top and let them both marinate while I showered. When I rinsed them both out together, my hair felt amazing. I think most herbs, powders etc that I've tried usually takes a while to see the benefits but henna gives me immediate results. Full treatments, tea rinses, having it in my other DIY mixes all turn out great. :2inlove: Me thinks it might be my favorite Ayurvedic powder. LOL

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@lulu97 have you try cassia yet?

I did years ago (maybe 2013/2014) I used to live down the street from an Indian market and was using powders on the regular. Unfortunately I don't remember how it effected my hair. I was using so many different ones and not taking the time to pay attention to the effects each one played. The only ones I remember really liking were mostly for my skin (amla & rose petal powder). Everything else is all a blur. That's why this time around playing in powders; I'm taking my sweet time, really observing each one and documenting on the board. Are you thinking about trying cassia? I have yet to revisit it since I hear it's similar to henna without the tint.

Alma Petra

When I had used Terresentials on the regular, I followed it with an oil rinse, but not every time.

Take it easy; do not try too many things at once because disaster may strike. I would say hold off on the clay for a bit and test one thing or product line at a time at least twice to see if your hair and scalp like it.

I need to do my own clay mixes at some point; I have a bunch of different clays already.

Alright, I'll give the oil some time on its own before I mix it with clay lol Which clay is your favourite one?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Alright, I'll give the oil some time on its own before I mix it with clay lol Which clay is your favourite one?
I have tried calcium bentonite and rhassoul so far, but I have kaolin and fuller's earth still to try. Terresentials uses red calcium bentonite clay. I have no favorite right now. I plan to mix it with aloe, EOs, and some herbal tea. Clays seem to mix better with an acidic liquid.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I did years ago (maybe 2013/2014) I used to live down the street from an Indian market and was using powders on the regular. Unfortunately I don't remember how it effected my hair. I was using so many different ones and not taking the time to pay attention to the effects each one played. The only ones I remember really liking were mostly for my skin (amla & rose petal powder). Everything else is all a blur. That's why this time around playing in powders, I'm taking my sweet time, really observing each one and documenting on the board. Are you thinking about trying cassia? I have yet to revisit it since I hear it's similar to henna without the tint.
I am pondering on how to use them without conditioner; fenugreek, amla, rose, and cassia are first on the list to trial. Maybe one at a time as a hair mask, followed by a softening oil and then a sealing oil. If I use aloe, it will be the main liquid or between the oils.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Ok, doing my first cassia gloss, so mixed in what I had on hand. Made a tea using fenugreek powder, green tea, nettles & horsetail leaves.

Mixed cassia with hibiscus, amla & aloe vera powders, essential oils plus Curly Proverbz growth oil with aloe vera juice, tea and some vegan conditioner from my stash.

Sitting with this on my head right now.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Was in Trader Joe's shopping earlier today and decided to take a stroll over to the tea isle. :cowgirl:They had some matcha green tea on sale. Tried to pry my phone away from my 3 year old to research the benefits real quick online but he wasn't having it. So I left it for my next visit. After getting home and researching, I was mad I didn't just grab it along with the jar of Manuka honey I was eyeballing. :cry3:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I got my bhringraj today. I washed and DC'd last night but I so want to start using this stuff right now!

I think I got my planned routine down. Thinking:

Wednesday: Cassia Gloss day - Start with gloss, followed by shampoo & a moisturizing DC

Sundays: Hot oil or steaming followed by shampoo, bhringraj & amla mask.

Just need to get my ingredients to make my Curly Proverbz tea for nightly spritzes.