2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My Methi Sativa tea 2 step treatments from Hairveda came in today.

IMAG1059-1344x760.jpg

I used it to help with postpartum shedding 3 years ago and it did me right! Also a nice protein treatment at the same time. My sets do not expire until 12/2019 so I'll be grabbing 2 more sets during her black Friday sale. Think I'll do a treatment next wash day and continue with it once every month or two.

Here are the ingredients:
Step 1 Conditioner Ingredients: Water, Black Tea, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sea Kelp Leaf Powder, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance. 16oz.

Step 2 Conditioner Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera Juice) Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil . Stearalkonium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance. 16oz.

imaginary

Serendipity strikes again. I had been using bay leaf tea as an insect repellent, even on my face and hairline. I had some intense itching, but that did not deter me from using it because I am no allergic to bay.

I had been using raw aloe on my edges, especially the nape, with moderate success. Earlier this month, I had noticed my edges coming in super coily (never happened before) and got thicker. I am one of those odd ducks who can feel hair growing when it is super short; that is where the intense itch came from. I now have TWA edges, lol. Bay leaf tea is now a staple.

*Calmly moves bay leaves from the kitchen to my hair stash* :look:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@Sharpened
Okay....Now tell me again what you did with those Bay Leaves????:lachen:
  • 18-20 leaves in 10 oz of distilled water in a pot with a lid
  • Simmer on very low heat of a few minutes, covered
  • Turn off the heat and let it steep for hours
  • Strain and put in a spray bottle
  • Keeps in the fridge for a month
  • Spray daily where needed

I was using it as bug repellent this summer, so I had been using it daily for weeks.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
LONG time lurker finally joining the fun (if you'll have me)

pasting my intro from the curlyproverb thread because I think it fits here and gives good info about my goals and routine (or ideal routine anyway)

1. What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen?
longer, stronger, shinier healthier hair. more poppin' curls
  1. What products or mixes do you intend to use?
I think my hair really benefits from oil and henna. I want to start using some pre-made commercial products so I can get my routine down before I start experimenting too much.
  • Monthly Henna Mask (tried & true): Nupur Henna + Coconut Milk + Honey (would love to experiment with hibiscus and rose and aloe vera powder one day soon)
  • pre-poo: naptural85 aloe vera + oil
  • cleanse
  • deep condition: currently using SM manuka mask (love how my hair feels upon rinsing) but looking for something more or maybe, can you add powders directly to conditioner you use regularly?
  • Ayurvedic Tea Spritz : thinking of using a pre-made hibiscus tea from the store?
  • Creamy ayurvedic leave in: qb burdock root cream but thinking of trying keravada creme brulee
  • Oil: Has anyone had any experiences with KeraVeda? I was thinking of using their superego oil, it's chocked full of some great ayurvedic ingredients.
  1. How frequently will you cleanse your hair? How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc?
wash once a week (looking for a good, more natural cleanser)
LOC method to moisturize + seal + twist. repeat LOC method halfway through the week to moisturize + seal + twist.
  1. How frequently will you trim or search and destroy?
once every season (x4 year)
  1. Anything else you'd like to share?
I've been doing henna masks for some time now, off and on and my hair is always better when I'm doing them consistently. In general I'm trying to switch to a more natural, healthier lifestyle and beauty routine. I recently had a set back and suffering from heat damage (NEVER going to the dominicans again *promise*) and started to incorporate scalp massages based on curlyproverb channel and have already noticed increased growth and thickness. I can only imagine what a real routine could do. I am excited to move into the stage of my hair journey. really trying to KEEP IT SIMPLE and narrow down my staples.

I have considered purchasing CurlyProverb products but the oil and tea seem to have a fairly simple list of ingredients and would def DIY if I could get consistent mixes that last more than a week.

Photo attached for current starting point: as you can see my hair is def starting to come in thicker just need to make sure I keep it moisturized (which I hope will happen if I stop being lazy and actually moisturize + seal x2 week) and the slight tint from previous henna treatments. Hair is almost always in a twist-out (but no like seriously, I live in twist-outs)

any and all tips and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_20171008_171415_382.jpg
    IMG_20171008_171415_382.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 10

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
My Methi Sativa tea 2 step treatments from Hairveda came in today.

View attachment 414743

I used it to help with postpartum shedding 3 years ago and it did me right! Also a nice protein treatment at the same time. My sets do not expire until 12/2019 so I'll be grabbing 2 more sets during her black Friday sale. Think I'll do a treatment next wash day and continue with it once every month or two.

Have you used any of their other products? I want to start my ayurvedic routine with some commercial products. I don't mind whipping up a simple henna mask but that's only once in a blue moon. I want to incorporate ayurveda into my regular, weekly routine. I have used Qhemet Biologics in the past but have been considering KeraVeda or HairVeda - my hair needs a really creamy, moisture-packed leave in and an oil (that doesn't smell like grass but keeps hair shiny)

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@SunkissedSiren
Hello and Welcome to the last few months in the 2017 Challenge.:welcome:

All of Hairveda's Products are nice. Moderately priced. Decent Sizes and good Sales. Smell Wonderful.:lick:

Kervada also has nice Ayurvedic products. Mostly oils. Decent prices and decent shipping costs.

Thank you for the warm welcome! My goal is to nail down my routine and products so I can go into 2018 kickin bad hair butt :bat: playing no games when it comes to my self care next season <3

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Have you used any of their other products? I want to start my ayurvedic routine with some commercial products. I don't mind whipping up a simple henna mask but that's only once in a blue moon. I want to incorporate ayurveda into my regular, weekly routine. I have used Qhemet Biologics in the past but have been considering KeraVeda or HairVeda - my hair needs a really creamy, moisture-packed leave in and an oil (that doesn't smell like grass but keeps hair shiny)

I have started with commercial ayurvedic products and am just now trying my hand at basic DIY mixes.

Commercial products I have (* indicates that I have yet to try it):
  1. Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait (available at Etsy.com)
    -- very light and fluffy; contains more than just amla; scent is customizable; sinks right into the hair; I prefer to order this with a request for the scenting to be done LIGHTLY (like at 75% strength, but the maker says this allows the smell of the herbs and shea butter and so forth to "come through" so to speak, which I'm fine with because otherwise the scent is too heavy for my super strong sense of smell)
  2. Jakeala Shiloh Hair Balm
    -- functions as a hair grease; I apply it to my ends when I twist my hair for a twist out
  3. Soultanicals Soulvedic Poo Bar
    -- chock full of ayurvedic ingredients; is a specialty item; I so hope she makes it available again
  4. Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic
  5. Soultanicals Power to the Prepoo
  6. * KeraVada Kera1010 Hair Oil
  7. Natty Naturals sample kit
    -- these products get great reviews; they performed just so-so for me but my hair is pretty finicky
  8. Jakeala Beau Vert Masque
There is a company called Pure One Beauty that sells several products containing ayurvedic ingredients. I have purchased a few things but not a lot. The owner/creator is super responsive and will customize for you. She sells at her own site (which shows far more products) and at Etsy.com (which does not show all of her products).

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thank you for the warm welcome! My goal is to nail down my routine and products so I can go into 2018 kickin bad hair butt :bat: playing no games when it comes to my self care next season <3

Me, too. I am RIGHT there with you!

Now left to trial before I can design a baseline regimen are only (1) the CurlyProverbz DIY henna gloss method/mix and (2) some kind of ayurvedic rhassoul clay wash. I am also SUPER curious about the hydrating/moisturizing effects of The Mane Choice Halo DC, so I'll likely test that out before 2018.

I'm so excited at the thought of being able to hit the ground running in 2018. :yep:

Aggie

Tonight I massaged my CP ayurveda growth oil in my scalp, and moisturized with APB Moisturizing Hair Lotion and QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream sealed with APB Hair and Body Butta - no oil on my strands tonight. I will do a Green House Effect wearing my BonBonCheveux satin lined plastic cap over it. This should be interesting :look: