2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

Shay72

Natural, 4A
AVJ and aloe Vera gelly are part of my detangling mix which I :love:. I'd been searching so long and it's so simple: avj, aloe vera gelly, distilled water, and oil. And let me tell you I'm a true 4a. Very fine, small, pen spring curls. If you're looking for something you may want to try this. I finger detangle first then I use a 3 comb method: 1st- wide tooth comb, 2nd-medium tooth comb, and finally 3rd-fine tooth comb.

Leo24Rule

Currently sitting with a Cassia mix with various powders. Wasn't too thick nor thin, but as I have 34 mins left for it to penetrate my hair it's running :perplexed:
Hopefully that isn't an indication of anything bad

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will use my Rice Water Rinse and probably Burdock Root, Green & Slippery Elm Tea Rinse.

I will also use an ACV spritz to assist me with removing tangles (if any), on tangled sections.

sparkle25

I started today! Right now I'm pre-pooing my hair with this oil from Lakshimas cupboard, ingredients listed on the picture attached. I warmed the oil, and before adding the oil, sprayed my hair with this tea mixed with Ayurvedic herbs from this etsy store that is new. It's called Ayurs Batch of nature. I got my products from her two days after ordering and they smell sooooo good. I got the spray in the scent rose and white peony. It doesn't smell like roses though it smells very pretty and herbal. Not perfumey and not herbal like dirty hippy herbal. It smells just fresh and clean, but pretty. The ingredients are : calendula, infused water, bhringraj, brahmi, amla, hibiscus, nettle, neem, horsetail, marshmallow root, Green Tea, Silk Amino Acids, pathenol.

I'm not sure if I'm going to leave this in overnight, but I'm going to eventually wash my hair with a cream cleanser from Camille naturals which is not Ayurvedic, but I will deep condition after with the alma lavender chamomile deep conditioner also from Lakshimas cupboard. The ingredients for the DC are : Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Distilled Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (Conditioning Emulsifier) and Stearalkonium Chloride (Conditioning Emulsifier), Kokum Butter, Glycerin, Lavender, Honey, Chamomile, Amla, Shikakai, Neem, Marshamallow, Brahmi, Silk Amino Acids, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid (Preservatives), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavender Essential Oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil.

Then I will use the argan oil and honey leave in from Lakshimas cupboard. Ingredients are not Ayurvedic. But I'll seal my ends with the oil from her. I'll let you all know how my hair feels after.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 5

Aggie

I started today! Right now I'm pre-pooing my hair with this oil from Lakshimas cupboard, ingredients listed on the picture attached. I warmed the oil, and before adding the oil, sprayed my hair with this tea mixed with Ayurvedic herbs from this etsy store that is new. It's called Ayurs Batch of nature. I got my products from her two days after ordering and they smell sooooo good. I got the spray in the scent rose and white peony. It doesn't smell like roses though it smells very pretty and herbal. Not perfumey and not herbal like dirty hippy herbal. It smells just fresh and clean, but pretty. The ingredients are : calendula, infused water, bhringraj, brahmi, amla, hibiscus, nettle, neem, horsetail, marshmallow root, Green Tea, Silk Amino Acids, pathenol.

I'm not sure if I'm going to leave this in overnight, but I'm going to eventually wash my hair with a cream cleanser from Camille naturals which is not Ayurvedic, but I will deep condition after with the alma lavender chamomile deep conditioner also from Lakshimas cupboard. The ingredients for the DC are : Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Distilled Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (Conditioning Emulsifier) and Stearalkonium Chloride (Conditioning Emulsifier), Kokum Butter, Glycerin, Lavender, Honey, Chamomile, Amla, Shikakai, Neem, Marshamallow, Brahmi, Silk Amino Acids, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid (Preservatives), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Lavender Essential Oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil.

Then I will use the argan oil and honey leave in from Lakshimas cupboard. Ingredients are not Ayurvedic. But I'll seal my ends with the oil from her. I'll let you all know how my hair feels after.
Please let us know...

sparkle25

Please let us know...
So the Lakshimas cupboard...

When I took the plastic cap off after pre pooing with her oil, my hair was very soft. That's to be expected with any oil but this didn't feel like a normal oil. I did not like the smell...it smelled like castor oil, but not like the Jamaican black castor oil...it smelled like the medicinal kind that you find at like Walgreens or something. I then washed my hair with a cream cleanser from Camille rose and my hair felt super dry afterwards.

I then waited till my hair was mostly dry and applied the Lakshimas cupboard DC. The consistency felt like a super super thick creamed honey/butter. It was hard to apply it to dry hair, it had no slip and was sticky. 20 minutes after I put it on, the oils in the DC were dripping all over my neck. Like a thick oily honey. I hate that. I left it on for several hours and the whole time it was dripping everywhere which is strange because I did not see or feel oil in the product while applying it. It was terrible though. When I rinsed my hair out the curls were very well formed and my hair felt like silk. Not even my holy grail DC makes my hair feel like that. My hair dried soft and fluffy and silky. But my scalp is mildly itchy and irritated.

I put in Lakshimas leave in and I hate it. Consistency of product is runny, greasy and sticky...Not soft but not dry... no slip whatsoever in this product either. It feels like she put too much honey in her mixture...my hair also feels greasy and sticky. I'm likely going to cowash my hair and I'll use the Ayurvedic cream I got from Ayurs batch of nature as well as the spray. I'll be back...

Last edited:

Aggie

So the Lakshimas cupboard...

When I took the plastic cap off after pre pooing with her oil, my hair was very soft. That's to be expected with any oil but this didn't feel like a normal oil. I did not like the smell...it smelled like castor oil, but not like the Jamaican black castor oil...it smelled like the medicinal kind that you find at like Walgreens or something. I then washed my hair with a cream cleanser from Camille rose and my hair felt super dry afterwards.

I then waited till my hair was mostly dry and applied the Lakshimas cupboard DC. The consistency felt like a super super thick creamed honey/butter. It was hard to apply it to dry hair, it had no slip and was sticky. 20 minutes after I put it on, the oils in the DC were dripping all over my neck. Like a thick oily honey. I hate that. I left it on for several hours and the whole time it was dripping everywhere which is strange because I did not see or feel oil in the product while applying it. It was terrible though. When I rinsed my hair out the curls were very well formed and my hair felt like silk. Not even my holy grail DC makes my hair feel like that. My hair dried soft and fluffy and silky. But my scalp is mildly itchy and irritated.

I put in Lakshimas leave in and I hate it. Consistency of product is runny, greasy and sticky...Not soft but not dry... no slip whatsoever in this product either. It feels like she put too much honey in her mixture...my hair also feels greasy and sticky. I'm likely going to cowash my hair and I'll use the Ayurvedic cream I got from Ayurs batch of nature as well as the spray. I'll be back...

Hmm, this doesn't sound like a product I actually want to use so far based on your review. I already use 22nd Century DC that's also very oily, like a whipped shea butter kinda oily. I don't know if I'll be getting that one. Is your hair low, normal or high porosity @sparkle25?

I still want to try the oil though as a scalp massage/prepoo oil. None the less, I'm still curious about the DC's ability to be good for my hair. I might use my mud wash before using it if I decide to get it.